The best Prime Day deals that you can still buy today:Shop now while they last!
    Hello,

a couple of weeks ago the earpiece of my 9900 stopped working. I made a reset, wipe, downgrade - upgrade of the OS. In an service shop they changed the earpiece but nothing helped. I can only use the phone with a headset or with the loudspeaker which is very annoying.
    The last thing I found in the Internet was this repair manual: We can Fix your Blackberry: BlackBerry 9900 earpiece not working done by simply jumper

Anyone knows this? Is it helping?

Thank you!
    09-24-12 05:26 PM
    Nobody? Sad thing
    RIM, Samsung, Apple - The open market has the correct answers for all companies - for the winner and the losers. Bye-bye to BB, bye-bye RIM
    10-01-12 02:54 PM
    Just checking on the internet now about your problem which appears that some users who were vodafone preapid sims had your issue but changing to postpaid sims somehow fixes the earpiece.

Also see this vid:

Furthermore a flashlight app by Jared, disables sound and video if I'm not mistaken.
    10-01-12 05:56 PM
    Also if you have os 7 update os 7.1 some twenty odd owners now report no problems.
    Last edited by f0xx386; 10-01-12 at 06:17 PM.
    10-01-12 06:15 PM
    Did everything - upgraded to the newest OS, downgraded to a old one, wiped the phone, factory reset. Change of the headphone jack and the earpiece itself. Nothing helped. Must be a problem of the PCB - so no repair possible. Will go for a Sony now - sad, the Bold 9900 is still the most stylish phone in the market.
    Thanks to everyone who tried to help!
    10-03-12 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD