Hi Everyone

Got my Bold 9900 yesterday and first impressions are very positive.

I have had quite a few Blackberries over the years - most recently the Bold 9700 and Torch 9800 but I must agree with most of the other posts that this is by far the best so far.

The size is perfect for me - not too big but big enough to type on easily.

It feels solid and the screen quality is great.

Battery - Fully charged over night. Medium use today since 7am UK time -
    15+ phone calls, emails and general playing around - battery is at 60% . Will have to try it out for a few days to get a better idea but so far so good!!

In another thread I mentioned that I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 which I think is a great phone - but I prefer a real keyboard.

I use an App called Evernote to capture information about my jobs through the day. This is a great app on Android but I was never impressed with it on my Bold 9700.
    The good news is that the App does work on the 9900 - but it is still rubbish compared to the Android version. hopefully the app developers will make a better BB version.

But back to the phone - anyone still undecided about this phone - just get it - you will not be disappointed.

B
    08-16-11 11:12 AM
    It is really hard to make very visual rich apps when there is a 7MB cap on size. I think once blackberrys move to QNX, we'll see very competative apps with the other mobile platforms.
    08-16-11 11:31 AM
    It is really hard to make very visual rich apps when there is a 7MB cap on size. I think once blackberrys move to QNX, we'll see very competative apps with the other mobile platforms.
    The Android version is only 4.7MB and works perfectly so I am not sure why the BB version is so bad.
    08-17-11 08:42 AM
    Hi Everyone

Battery - Fully charged over night. Medium use today since 7am UK time -
    15+ phone calls, emails and general playing around - battery is at 60% . Will have to try it out for a few days to get a better idea but so far so good!!

B
    Battery drained quickly to 10% by 9pm. Not sure why. I will see how it goes today.

B
    08-17-11 08:44 AM
    The Android version is only 4.7MB and works perfectly so I am not sure why the BB version is so bad.
    The bb version is 2MB so quite a differnce.
    08-17-11 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD