This phone needs to be released now.
    the stock is flirting with disaster. Im not kidding about that either.

If they do not release it now, it will get stuck in the release window of the iphone5, galaxy s II, Bionic, HP's phones.

This is not a good place to be, considering the galaxy S II and the iphone 5 will be huge.

Even if the phone is a mess it needs to be released and then patched quickly.
    otherwise next earnings call when the playbook numbers are released its going to be bad and you will have RIMM at a 4 year low.

Full disclosure: I just yesterday purchased RIMM shares at $45 purely on a technical long hold. But if they dont release this phone and all they have to go on is playbook numbers(which will be bad) it will be a bad day for all those people above me at $60.
    05-10-11 05:18 PM
    This phone needs to be released now.
    the stock is flirting with disaster. Im not kidding about that either.

If they do not release it now, it will get stuck in the release window of the iphone5, galaxy s II, Bionic, HP's phones.

This is not a good place to be, considering the galaxy S II and the iphone 5 will be huge.

Even if the phone is a mess it needs to be released and then patched quickly.
    otherwise next earnings call when the playbook numbers are released its going to be bad and you will have RIMM at a 4 year low.

Full disclosure: I just yesterday purchased RIMM shares at $45 purely on a technical long hold. But if they dont release this phone and all they have to go on is playbook numbers(which will be bad) it will be a bad day for all those people above me at $60.
    BlackBerrys for the most part have their own following so they will sell a ton of phones no matter when they release in relation to the others you listed. It will help to persuade the users that don't know what they want, but for the most part many people that want BlackBerry will get a BlackBerry regardless of what else is out. It would be an extremely bad idea to release this without it working right as the media likes to rip on RIM as it is. They don't wanna fuel the fire.
    05-10-11 05:29 PM
    Snipperdo17, That is precisely how RIMM has lost its market share. that attitude of depending on Bb addicts buying anything they come out with and not staying cutting edge or being innovative.

So put out the 90% done product, like you said the bb addicts are going to buy it anyways. Good or bad reviews. The Torch had bad initial reviews.

Now is the time for BB to protect its stock over the summer with the bold touch release. Then release its other phones from sept-dec.

From what i read of their estimated arrival dates, they are all supposed to be released around the same time. thats a big mistake as well. But thats a different discussion.
    05-10-11 05:50 PM
    Aha!

If they said that they lied to you, used to be fairly senior in Vodafone before the recent wave of firing us to hire people in Egypt. None of the sales managers know the time frame for release of new devices until it goes out to the public. They have the same clearance as the people who take the calls.

The only person who would know is the OPs manager and the is only one of those for the sales part of the business in the UK and they'd be fired for giving out the info.
    But at least they are expecting it lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-11 01:15 PM
    That's like saying I'm expecting to get the iPhone 5 in. Sales reps have no idea about anything. They either lie or state the obvious, or a mix of both.
    05-11-11 01:22 PM
    its also listed as having a dual core 1.2ghz processor. (sorry if thats been mentioned)
    Dual core??HUH????
    05-11-11 01:34 PM
    Dual core??HUH????
    It is NOT dual core for sure.
    05-11-11 10:38 PM
    It is NOT dual core for sure.
    Yeah,I know.I was wondering where he got that from.LOL.
    05-12-11 06:53 AM
    The press release photo shows the date on the phone as May 20th... is this just a coincidence? or could it actually be the release date?
    05-14-11 10:31 AM
    The press release photo shows the date on the phone as May 20th... is this just a coincidence? or could it actually be the release date?
    Just a random date. It would've been announced if the release date was coming in 6 days. RIM said not til summer
    05-14-11 11:30 AM
    Just a random date. It would've been announced if the release date was coming in 6 days. RIM said not til summer
    oh well, haha one can always dream., i'm looking for a replacement for my iPhone 3GS, and too be honest I'm kinda getting tired of the whole iPhone craze
    05-14-11 11:37 AM
    oh well, haha one can always dream., i'm looking for a replacement for my iPhone 3GS, and too be honest I'm kinda getting tired of the whole iPhone craze
    Talked to a co-worker the other day(she has a Tour.)Said she wants to get a new phone desperately,so I asked her which.She replied with the iPhone and when I asked her why,she said,and I quote,"because everyone else has one."
    05-14-11 04:10 PM
    Yeah I have co-workers like that too but then I work at the phone company but still I grow tired of the mindless masses that by iPhones because "its an Apple product" or "my friend has one".

BB people buy Berrys because "its does what I need it to do"....

PG
    05-14-11 04:22 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD