I have had my phone for 4 months now. Recently, the "E" button has decided to give me issues. If I type normal, and don't pay attention I will look back and be missing a bunch of E's.

It takes more pressure to use the button then any other. Is there anything I can do about this myself, or is it time to return the phone for a replacement??

Thanks!
    03-24-12 08:22 AM
    If its still under warranty, just take it back as its likely to cost you money to repair yourself being a hardware issue and all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-24-12 08:26 AM
    You may need to replace your keyboard, It doesn't seem too complicated to do:

I think a new keyboard costs around 10USD
    03-24-12 08:27 AM
    Wlcom to Crackbrry,

Yah that's what I'd say, tak it back to th plac whr you bought it and gt it changd.

I hav nvr hard or had that problm.

Good luck
    lynawry likes this.
    03-24-12 08:41 AM
    Wlcom to Crackbrry,

Yah that's what I'd say, tak it back to th plac whr you bought it and gt it changd.

I hav nvr hard or had that problm.

Good luck
    I think you have an "E" button issue as well.. lol
    03-24-12 09:48 AM
    I think you have an "E" button issue as well.. lol
    ......Damn it !

Oh the irony, I try hlp somon and thn gt th problm myslf.

EEeeeeeee. Wooo its working.

Phew.
    03-24-12 09:53 AM
    Thanks guys. I think I will return it for a replacement.

Rogers sucks though, I went back to the store I got it from, they said they can return it, where Rogers will replace or repair it. Takes 2-3 weeks. This is terrible.

Or, Call Rogers, pay $35 for the express exchange, where they send me a new phone, with a package to return my old phone in. Takes 2-3 days. Better time wise, but why should I have to pay ANYTHING to get this fixed is beyond me.
    03-24-12 10:24 AM
    I have the same sh*tty problem. But with the letters E D B K N. So guess that i need to take it back to the shop.
    03-24-12 10:26 AM
    Thanks guys. I think I will return it for a replacement.

Rogers sucks though, I went back to the store I got it from, they said they can return it, where Rogers will replace or repair it. Takes 2-3 weeks. This is terrible.

Or, Call Rogers, pay $35 for the express exchange, where they send me a new phone, with a package to return my old phone in. Takes 2-3 days. Better time wise, but why should I have to pay ANYTHING to get this fixed is beyond me.
    Keep in mind, any refurb they send you has only a 90 day warranty...so if you have 6 months left of your 1 year, its gone.
    03-24-12 12:42 PM
    I have the same problem with my 'p' key, and I figured out its the bottom half of the key that's dead. So if I consentrate about hitting it on an 'up' angle it works. I'm getting a replacement through Future Shops insurance plan, and they told me this is a known issue for people who used the original case that came with the phone, which I did for a month or two.
    03-25-12 08:53 AM
    same problem and I just bought it for 2 months ...da
    03-25-12 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD