I have dust under my Bold 9900's LCD screen. Should this be something to worry about? Is it possible more dust could find its way below the LCD?

Cheers

*I can't exchange it.
    10-20-11 10:56 PM
    i dont see how dust got into the LCD since its a sealed unit. its not like the 8330 was with an outer housing over the LCD right?
    10-20-11 11:10 PM
    If I were you I'd return it. In such a short time and dust under the screen already? That's not how it's suppose to be with this device. Like dictoresno said, how is it possible dust got under your screen?
    10-20-11 11:39 PM
    Agree with dictoresno, that is 2 pieces glues together. How could dust have gotten in? Have you tried cleaning the screen to see if isn't on the surface?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-11 11:41 PM

everyone plz let me know if your phones have got this or not? the covers seem not to be closed together
    Last edited by tarmpung; 10-21-11 at 10:38 AM.
    10-21-11 10:31 AM
    ^ none of my families 4 9900s have that. Definitley a problem

tarmpung likes this.
    10-21-11 10:54 AM
    Don't see any light coming through the "seams" on my 9900
    tarmpung likes this.
    10-21-11 11:59 AM
    You have a leak, which is a defect. It's supposed to be sealed completely around the outside of the phone.
    10-21-11 12:37 PM
    Well my Rogers carrier won't let me return it but I saw the dust since the first day of opening it but was too lazy to exchange it. It's just one tiny piece of lint that got caught under there, so I'm guessing it got caught when it was being made. Cause I personally don't mind it since I can only see it when it's off. And I don't really care as long as nothing more goes in.
    10-21-11 12:47 PM
    Why won't Rogers let u return it? 1 year warranty isn't it? B!tch them out, ur phone is so new still.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-21-11 02:23 PM
    Nope mine does not look like that either.

Call them up, go to the store, etc.
    10-21-11 02:27 PM
    Mine has it. Going to the store when I can

10-22-11 12:40 AM
    Mine got a little bit under it on the corner, I noticed it to. But it wasnt there when I got the phone. Not a big deal though. Better then a blown pixel.
    10-22-11 07:46 AM
    My phone has loads of dust under the screen!
    10-24-11 10:43 AM
    upper right hand corner i have lots of dust...never keep it in dusty places...unhappy
    10-24-11 11:00 AM
    I only had this phone for 2 days and I already noticed a speck of dust underneath the screen which is only visible under very bright lights or under sunlight. Other than that, the trackpad is not properly centered, the menu button isn't as clicky as the other buttons, the back and end buttons make a small squeaky sound. It froze once, rebooted once but after a wipe of the device, so far the phone is behaving well. And oh, the battery is super poor. It won't last more than 12 hours under heavy use unlike the Bold 9700. I didn't bother to return this to my carrier as it will entail mad work, so many etcetera.

For those who think that their screen is clean of any dust, you better double check. Turn your phone off. Get a flashlight and let it flow over the screen but not so close and you'll see some tiny tiny specks which I think were trapped during the manufacturing of the unit.
    10-24-11 11:51 PM
    My phone has loads of dust under the screen!
    WOW

Might wanna check on , and blow some air within the screen gap lol
    10-25-11 12:24 AM
    I just noticed that there was some dust under my screen as well. Also mine has the slit on the side where light leaks... Is there a way to get the dust out without completely taking phone apart? Also if I take it apart does it void the manufacturers warranty?
    11-14-11 04:55 PM
    I had this issue with my 8530. BAD. Had to open it up every month to clean it. Started about 2 weeks after I got it. Luckily, I still have not had that problem with my 9930 (knock on wood!).

I have been using the Sprint 9930 case. Doubt that the case is helping, though. Just a naturally dust-free build.
    11-14-11 06:04 PM
    I was wondering if the little slit on the side could be letting the dust in? and after watching some dis-assembly videos, I noticed there was a screw in the top left and could it be that it's loose so there's the slit? Ugh, my phone is less than a week old and this little speck of dust is hardly noticeable but its incredible annoying knowing that it's there since my phone is pretty much brand new.
    11-14-11 06:19 PM
    Weird! You should definitely bring that back to your carrier or where you purchased it! Id go crazy if I woke up one morning and saw that on my screen!
    11-14-11 10:49 PM
    I tried... Wind refused to replace it
    11-15-11 12:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD