WOW i just noticed a small piece of dust under the screen so i took a flashlight to it and there are quite a few tiny pieces you cant see without the flashlight but one you can see in the sunlight very easily. I am a blackberry nut and have about 6 different models and have had dust on most of them. My 9650 never did because its impossible and i was hoping this one wouldnt get any. I love the phone but can believe it got dust in like 5 days of use. Any one else have any? Debating getting a different one or just sticking with the 9650.
    08-21-11 08:51 PM
    im waiting for some to sneak in between the usb plug and the aluminum rim. plugged it with a bit of caulk but wont last forever.
    08-21-11 09:12 PM
    WOW i just noticed a small piece of dust under the screen so i took a flashlight to it and there are quite a few tiny pieces you cant see without the flashlight but one you can see in the sunlight very easily. I am a blackberry nut and have about 6 different models and have had dust on most of them. My 9650 never did because its impossible and i was hoping this one wouldnt get any. I love the phone but can believe it got dust in like 5 days of use. Any one else have any? Debating getting a different one or just sticking with the 9650.
    Pictures?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-21-11 09:48 PM
    Ughhhhhh....And so it begins!!! Seriosuly RIM???

08-21-11 09:55 PM
    yeah agreed some picture attachment will be nice to show us where actually the dust resides.
    08-21-11 10:15 PM
    Were you using a pocket pouch or holster?

08-21-11 10:19 PM
    I thought the screen is glued as a whole part with its front cover? How can dust go inside?

08-21-11 10:22 PM
    See I thought the screen was completly glued together also so I don't get it but then again the 9550 was the same way. I will try and get some pics up I don't know if my cam will take a good pic of it. And for the punk that got his post deleted when you pay good money for something it should be right. Also If you read there is a piece you can see with the naked eye just using the phone the flashlight was to see it more clear and see it I could see where is was coming from. Not talking bad about the phone I actually love it despite all the bad thing being said by others but it should not collect dust.

08-21-11 10:45 PM
    O And I always have it in pocket

08-21-11 10:46 PM
    pictures or never happened
    08-21-11 11:50 PM
    whatever you want to tell yourself but no reason to make that up

08-21-11 11:53 PM
    O And I always have it in pocket

Without a pocket pouch? That will almost certainly cause dust to get behind the screen. I never put my 9900 in my pocket without my pouch. Besides, it's not just the dust; the tiny grains of sand in your pocket can scratch the screen as well.

The fact is, a touch screen phone has a gap between the top layer (the digitizer that detects your finger) and the LCD behind it. Dust gets trapped between the two layers, no matter how much glue is put in between.
    08-22-11 12:07 AM
    maybe the design is not good.
    it left some tiny louver for dust to sip in
    08-22-11 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD