For some reason, I get duplicate SMS threads for a few contacts. It's very random... I can count four contacts with duplicate threads; i.e. two identical threads for the same contact. When I text that contact, what I send will post to both threads; when they reply, it will go to both threads. If I try to remove one thread, the other thread stays but all the content in the thread disappears. So the only solution is to delete the entire conversation. I even have one thread that is tripled (three identical threads). If I try to delete one of them, the other two remain but the texts within both threads disappear.

A battery pull failed to remedy the situation.
    08-29-11 02:14 PM
    havent had this myself. interested to see if others have though...
    08-29-11 02:15 PM
    Well, now it is duplicating some contacts up to 6 times, all one after the other. I have several contacts where the message thread is being duplicated 4 or 5 times... and 10+ that are duplicated at least twice. The more I use the phone the more threads get duplicated. Time to toss the phone in a river?
    08-29-11 07:11 PM
    It is a carrier issue usually I called Verizon when I had the same issue. Sometimes its third party vendor that has the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 07:39 PM
    Strange...I dont have this issue at all using either the stock text app or a third party CrunchSMS app on VZW, though a friend is having that exact issue using the stock text app on Sprint.

Could either be a carrier issue or an OS issue. He is updating his to .353 today so we will see if that helps.
    08-29-11 07:42 PM
    Strange...I dont have this issue at all using either the stock text app or a third party CrunchSMS app on VZW, though a friend is having that exact issue using the stock text app on Sprint.

Could either be a carrier issue or an OS issue. He is updating his to .353 today so we will see if that helps.
    Hahahaaaa! So much for anonymity on the internet. Did you have another "friend" that has my exact same problem? It has now officially duplicated one person 14 times now... looks like it will keep duplicating infinitely unless I do something drastic.
    08-29-11 08:33 PM
    Hahahaaaa! So much for anonymity on the internet. Did you have another "friend" that has my exact same problem? It has now officially duplicated one person 14 times now... looks like it will keep duplicating infinitely unless I do something drastic.
    Umm...I'm not quite following what you are saying, but whatever. Just thought that I would contribute in saying I don't have this issue on VZW, but a friend on Sprint with a 9930 is having this problem. So, could be carrier related.

Also, I told him to update to .353 and see if that helps, which would signify that is could be OS related as well.

If you don't want anyone's help in trying to solve an issue you are having, don't post it, simple.
    08-29-11 08:49 PM
    Sh*t nevermind...I know exactly what you are saying now. Geez, I should have known by your other long winded posts.

Do what I said earlier! Hopefully, problem solved.
    08-29-11 09:31 PM
    Sh*t nevermind...I know exactly what you are saying now. Geez, I should have known by your other long winded posts.

Do what I said earlier! Hopefully, problem solved.
    Hahahaaa! I was about to say... you couldn't figure that out?

My negative long winded posts has upset some fanboys. According to them, I'm not allowed to store a lot of texts on my phone. 200 texts per thread... that's it... NO MORE FOR YOU!
    08-29-11 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD