OK, I have used BB for a few years, starting with the 8330. I have the 9930 and I was looking for a faster way to charge (I have one of the ones that takes a while to charge). I found this online at shopblackberry. It says in the compatibility list it only works with the Tablet. The other chargers on the site say they work with the Tablet and every other model out there with the micro usb. Is this a typo and would this work on my 9930? Or is it just too powerful for the phone to handle?

BlackBerryRapidCharger - RIM US
    08-25-11 12:42 AM
    That rapid charger won't work on the Bold 9930....that rapid chager is plugged into the bb playbook through 3 little magnet prongs I guess u can call it. If u want a fast charger 4 ur bold 9930....I just use or purchase the standard BB playbook micro USB charger. That's what I use and it chargers my 9930 in about 35-40 mins. Very quick. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 01:11 AM
    OK, I have used BB for a few years, starting with the 8330. I have the 9930 and I was looking for a faster way to charge (I have one of the ones that takes a while to charge). I found this online at shopblackberry. It says in the compatibility list it only works with the Tablet. The other chargers on the site say they work with the Tablet and every other model out there with the micro usb. Is this a typo and would this work on my 9930? Or is it just too powerful for the phone to handle?

BlackBerryRapidCharger - RIM US
    Here is the link to the charger I'm talking about.....

http://store.shopblackberry.com/Product/BlackBerryPremiumCharger/ACC-39343-301

08-25-11 01:13 AM
    It has a different type of connecter. I can confirm though that the premium charger that ships with the Playbook works and charges it up faster than the one in the box.
    08-25-11 01:45 AM
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am going to order this one you posted when it gets in stock.
    08-25-11 02:02 AM
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. I am going to order this one you posted when it gets in stock.
    No problem at all. You can also go to shopcrackberry.com and search for that charger in there...they usually have it in stocl or you can go to a local Best Buy and pick one up there also.....just an FYI....Good luck man

08-25-11 02:04 AM
    Ok sorry I guess I was wrong about shopcrackberry and best buy....I did a little research and this was cheaper one I found for you....

http://www.cellularstore.com/product-22854-Blackberry+PlayBook+AC+Travel+Charger+with+Folding +Blades+_+ACC_39343_301

Hope this helps. Take care

08-25-11 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD