I have the 9930 with Verizon. When I use music streaming applications such as Pandora, after finishing a song the application automatically shuts down. To play the next track or when skipping to the next track it, again, auto shuts down the application.

This only happens when I'm on the move: if I'm stationary, the connection seems to be more stable. This really limits the function of the app/phone.

Anyone else having the same issue? I have searched the forum with no results, so sorry for reposting if it happens.
    09-19-11 12:03 PM
    Sounds like a problem with the app than the connection. If it's just the connection then it shouldn't force close your app even though you lost connection.
    09-19-11 12:16 PM
    That's what I was thinking too but.... It occurs over multiple apps. The problem is most noticeable when I'm on the move (such as being in car, train). This has happened across multiple applications such as Pandora, Slacker, etc. I will test further with Pandora as that is the most recent app installed.

If I stay within a small area (100 sq ft), the app has no problem moving to the next track. Once I start walking, it will lose the ability to load next track and continue playing.

I say the app is closing because when I access the application (while running) it appears as if it does when I first launch the app. The app does show it is running the background, even after the next track fails to load. When I select that app to load/launch, it acts as if it was the first time I had launched it since I have fully shut down the application..which is not the case.
    Last edited by madsen203; 09-19-11 at 12:36 PM.
    09-19-11 12:34 PM
    I also say it is the connection, this same problem happens when I tether the connection to my laptop on the move. It will "time out" and need me to reconnect manually (as I use it as a bluetooth dial up connection).
    09-19-11 12:39 PM
    I also say it is the connection, this same problem happens when I tether the connection to my laptop on the move. It will "time out" and need me to reconnect manually (as I use it as a bluetooth dial up connection).
    That's the correct behavior if you have a connection problem though, the app reports a time out.

Pandora auto-shutting down due to a network timeout is not correct and it sounds like the app is not handling the network connection issue properly if it reports nothing and just shuts down.

Also the fact that you are having multiple connection issues across multiple apps and that moving makes it worse seems to imply that your connection is borderline garbage and fails very easily.
    09-19-11 01:19 PM
    I also have been experiencing problems with Pandora shutting down...I have been thinking it was due to switching between towers while on the move,,but this would be the 1st blackberry I've had this issue with....my 2 8330's&9650 never shutdown it would just pause then resume when better service was available...I've emailed Pandora & they quickly replied with troubleshooting tip which had already tried...I truly don't believe this is the Pandora app as I have never experienced this before the 9930 & this was/is an app use daily...CB has so many knowledgeable members I know if this can be solved it will here...!!
    10-26-12 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD