Like a fool, I dropped my BB!

The silver bezel has a tiny, tiny chip on, as does the screen (only the black part) aswell as the plastic beneath the space bar! And the rubber on the back is scratched

All very small but I know they're there!

Can these parts be replaced?

Thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-06-12 03:03 AM
    Sorry to hear but yes those parts can be replaced. Possible to make a picture of your bb's conditon?
    05-06-12 10:07 AM
    Sorry to hear but yes those parts can be replaced. Possible to make a picture of your bb's conditon?

I'll have to take some when I get chance! They're not a big deal, but I'm really funny about it because I know they're there!

05-06-12 11:39 AM
    Yeah it's all in your mind.
    05-06-12 11:42 AM
    For that very reason I purchased the Otterbox Defender case my and my wife's 9930. Hope you get through it.
    05-06-12 12:14 PM
    For that very reason I purchased the Otterbox Defender case my and my wife's 9930. Hope you get through it.
    I also purchased the Otterbox Defender, but it itself damaged my phone. When I call them, they sent me a new one with a rubber cover under it. Now it is better, but the initial release version of the Defender for Bold 99xx was bad.
    world saviour likes this.
    05-06-12 12:25 PM
    Yes, the parts can be replaced, but would just keep the phone as it is... to me taking the time and spending money on a small dent not worth the money. You may want to replace parts when you are ready to sell the phone.
    05-06-12 12:27 PM
    I also purchased the Otterbox Defender, but it itself damaged my phone. When I call them, they sent me a new one with a rubber cover under it. Now it is better, but the initial release version of the Defender for Bold 99xx was bad.
    My 9930 is two days old, and i got the Otterbox the same day. What version and how old is it?
    05-06-12 12:29 PM
    My 9930 is two days old, and i got the Otterbox the same day. What version and how old is it?
    The older version of the Defender do not have the rubber beading on the inside of the case. The new version have rubber parts on the camera portion and a beading around the front cover.

If you have the older version, you will not have these rubber protection beading inside part of the case. Call their 1-800 number and request for a new one and they will ship it to you for free.
    05-06-12 01:23 PM
    I'm calling right away, doesn't look like its on mine. Does the rubber outer cover slip off on yours?
    05-06-12 01:42 PM
    I'm calling right away, doesn't look like its on mine. Does the rubber outer cover slip off on yours?
    Yes, but the beading is a rubber layer INSIDE, not outside of the case. There is still the issue of rubber outer cover coming off. But I don't care because no other case can give the same protection as this one.
    05-06-12 01:57 PM
    I bought an Otterbox Commuter case for my 9900 before the phone even arrived
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-06-12 02:25 PM
    Sorry you got dinged. I ditched my commuter 1 month after I got it. There is nothing like using the Bold the way it was meant, bare @ss Nekkid! Hahaha! Seriously the angled bezel gives just enough grip for a positive grab. It just has to last long enough for BB10 w/qwerty to drop.
    05-06-12 05:00 PM
    Sorry to hear this... My Bold also has a small scratch on the bottom, but I can live with that.
    05-06-12 08:21 PM
    yes those parts are available on ebay unless you want to buy in bulk hahaha

But installing it something else!

05-06-12 08:50 PM
    Yes, but the beading is a rubber layer INSIDE, not outside of the case. There is still the issue of rubber outer cover coming off. But I don't care because no other case can give the same protection as this one.
    Otterbox is sending 2 Otterbox Defender for 9930 free of charge. Much respect mss-ca.
    05-07-12 12:36 PM
    Otterbox is sending 2 Otterbox Defender for 9930 free of charge. Much respect mss-ca.
    Wow, good for you. I only got one, but I am happy with it.
    05-07-12 02:48 PM
    Sorry you got dinged. I ditched my commuter 1 month after I got it. There is nothing like using the Bold the way it was meant, bare @ss Nekkid! Hahaha! Seriously the angled bezel gives just enough grip for a positive grab. It just has to last long enough for BB10 w/qwerty to drop.
    True. A few days ago I had a really thick rubber band from a bulk of celery I put over the outer bezel.... Actually very convenient and grippy now, like a bumper.... I can still press all the buttons through it. Maybe I will find another color besides seafoam-green lol.
    05-08-12 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD