02-19-12 06:53 PM
35 12
tools
    That's why its important to research the device before u make the purchase. Wouldve saved u time and frustration when returning it.
    02-10-12 10:35 AM
    That's why its important to research the device before u make the purchase. Wouldve saved u time and frustration when returning it.
    There you go again, soogriffin, being all logical and such....
    02-10-12 11:06 AM
    I know I dislike the idea of no auto-focus on the camera, but I have a DSLR and a point and shoot that will work just fine. =)
    02-10-12 02:06 PM
    for the price the 9930 is (or what I paid for it when i had sprint, 275) it should come with Autofocus. The 9930 has the worst camera I have ever seen on a phone. Its terrible and there is no excuse for RIM to have put that on a production phone.

9930 was a damn sexy phone though...unfortunately it has BBos in it. 9930 + android OS + a decent camera would probably be the perfect phone.

For all those saying you shouldn't compare this camera to a PnS....shame on you. Camera's on phone are used for when you don't have a PnS with you.

No excuse BB. You messed up on this one. This is coming from a LONG time BB user.
    02-19-12 08:44 AM
    I have no complaints with my non-autofocus camera on the blackberry I have. I'm all happy about it even having a camera. If it didn't have one, I wouldn't be happy to carry my point and shoot around. But if I do need to take pictures that require autofocus, I will.

for the price the 9930 is (or what I paid for it when i had sprint, 275) it should come with Autofocus. The 9930 has the worst camera I have ever seen on a phone. Its terrible and there is no excuse for RIM to have put that on a production phone.

9930 was a damn sexy phone though...unfortunately it has BBos in it. 9930 + android OS + a decent camera would probably be the perfect phone.

For all those saying you shouldn't compare this camera to a PnS....shame on you. Camera's on phone are used for when you don't have a PnS with you.

No excuse BB. You messed up on this one. This is coming from a LONG time BB user.
    02-19-12 08:54 AM

For the price I paid for my MINI Cooper S it should have power seats. It doesn't. Not even an option. Oh yeah, and it's only a 1.6L 4 cylinder. Perhaps I should forget the fact that it will out-perform and out-handle most other cars on the road -- including many costing 2- to 3-time more -- and ignore that it is by far the most fun car I've ever driven, and go start several threads on North American Motoring to complain about it not having available power seats or a V8. Or room for a couch in the back. And then brace myself for the maniacal laughter when I try to take it back.

Seriously. If a phone doesn't have what you find important for a phone to have, for chrissakes don't buy it.
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 02-19-12 at 09:59 AM.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-19-12 09:41 AM
    For the price I paid for my MINI Cooper S it should have power seats. It doesn't. Not even an option. Oh yeah, and it's only a 1.6L 4 cylinder. Perhaps I should forget the fact that it will out-perform and out-handle most other cars on the road -- including many costing 2- to 3-time more -- and ignore that it is by far the most fun car I've ever driven, and go start several threads on North American Motoring to complain about it not having available power seats or a V8. Or room for a couch in the back. And then brace myself for the maniacal laughter when I try to take it back.

Seriously. If a phone doesn't have what you find important for a phone to have, for chrissakes don't buy it.
    Don't they omit that on the S for weight reasons? Kind of like a Bold with no camera at all for security reasons?

I think the proper comparison would have been a S with power windows that don't won't, don't you?
    02-19-12 10:16 AM
    So lemmeesee, what you're saying is:

1-since the Bold has a great keyboard, its camera should be excused from critique
    2-you can compare and contrast two devices' keyboards, even those one does not have one.

Do I have that right?

I was comparing my 550i's fit-and-finish with that of my friend's A6. I told him mine was better. He said his A6 has all-wheel drive, so fit-and-finish didn't matter. His name was coincidentally "Shake".

Disagreeing is fine, but illogical is just illogical my friend.
    1. You are not my friend.
    2. You pointed out a specific shortcoming on the RIM 'flagship' device and I pointed out a shortcoming on all of the competition's 'flagship' devices. These things are called 'features'. This model lacks a high-end camera. The competition lacks a high-end keyboard. Virtual keyboard or physical keyboard, they ALL have keyboards. It's clearly better than the competition.
    3. I don't care about what car you drive.
    Last edited by Shake; 02-19-12 at 04:17 PM.
    02-19-12 04:14 PM
    LOL

I think it's so funny people complaining about the camera. What are you people doing with this camera? Taking macro photography. I would never expect anything fantastic from a tiny little lens. But for the most part, taking everyday pictures, the camera is great.
    02-19-12 06:30 PM
    Don't they omit that on the S for weight reasons? Kind of like a Bold with no camera at all for security reasons?

I think the proper comparison would have been a S with power windows that don't won't, don't you?
    I have no idea why power seatscare not available (in any MINI). But say for the sake of argument that weight was the reason; I believe the camera choice in the 99** had something to do with the thickness of the phone, which makes it a fair comparison. If power seats were a must-have for me, then the MINI would have been a non-starter. If a high-end camera in my phone were a high priority, the 9900 would not have been at the top of my list. Seems pretty simple.
    02-19-12 06:53 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD