so I had a upgrade and went from the droid x2 to the bb 9930, I had a 9650 before and it was nice, i was pretty impressed by the 9930 in many ways BUT no auto focus???? and all that money and Rim doesnt even throw a sd card in??
    brought it back and got the incredible 2 with auto focus and a 16 GB sd card....shame on you RIM
    02-05-12 07:01 AM
    Didn't you have a memory card from your droid or 9650? I was at a birthday party and used my 9930 to take some pics and they turned out great. In fact one person commented on how my bold took better pics than her droid, and she was correct.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-05-12 07:05 AM
    but still for the price of the phone to not include one? and how can you not have a auto focus nowadays? I really like almost everything else, if it had a auto focus i think i would have kept it
    02-05-12 07:14 AM
    Since you are only interesting in the camera function of the droid/bold, you would probably be even more satisfied with a digital camera instead.
    02-05-12 07:17 AM
    if i had a dollar to hear the world's smallest violin play.............
    shawnOST and shemaree09 like this.
    02-05-12 08:19 AM
    so I had a upgrade and went from the droid x2 to the bb 9930, I had a 9650 before and it was nice, i was pretty impressed by the 9930 in many ways BUT no auto focus???? and all that money and Rim doesnt even throw a sd card in??
    brought it back and got the incredible 2 with auto focus and a 16 GB sd card....shame on you RIM
    The MicroSd card that is included with Blackberries are a carrier option. Don't be pissed at RIM - go shout at your carrier or simply buy one. Then next time you switch devices you can't gripe about not having a card.
    02-05-12 08:52 AM
    but still for the price of the phone to not include one? and how can you not have a auto focus nowadays? I really like almost everything else, if it had a auto focus i think i would have kept it
    That's about the only bad thing one can say about the Bold 99xx imo. Other than that, it is an awesome device. But yeah, if you require AF, it ain't for you.
    02-05-12 08:57 AM
    i think no AF because of the HD video?
    cuz i notice the playbook and the 9900 can shoot HD video but no AF

but look at the bright side, you have to pay about $100 for a separate HD video camcorder and that is about the right price i think for the phone (all in one, and it is blackberry) @.@...

hahahha i guess that is personal preference , i like this phone over android
    02-05-12 09:44 AM
    Since you are only interesting in the camera function of the droid/bold, you would probably be even more satisfied with a digital camera instead.
    Or get...any other top-end phone on the market, since RIM's flagship is the only flagship without AF.
    02-05-12 10:54 AM
    Can't imagine choosing my smartphone based on auto focus but if it's what you need, it's what you need. And yeah, blame your carrier for the lack of an SD card not RIM. You couldn't give me an Android - I'd just sell it, but that's my preference. I love my 9930!
    02-05-12 11:02 AM
    Wow, so lack of AF and lack of (carrier supplied) SD card are deal breakers, huh? Guess it was never meant to be. Too bad you didn't give it time to realize what an awesome phone this is. You're expectations are out of wack. I'm surprised you didn't complain about the battery, but considering you're coming from a droid, I imagine even the 9900/9930 battery is a step up for you.
    02-05-12 11:07 AM
    Having or not having a memory card would not even be a consideration for me. Ridiculous.
    sk8er_tor and shemaree09 like this.
    02-05-12 11:08 AM
    Minor camera issue is well beyond what I use my device for.

But I guess it's a decision maker for a lot of users. Just amazed on how the camera is a major part of a device now days...
    02-05-12 11:13 AM
    How did you not know...nevermind. Serenity now.
    Thud Hardsmack and sulcopete like this.
    02-05-12 11:39 AM
    Posts like this are so annoying. It's not like RIM advertised autofocus camera and 16GB microsd cards included. Shame on you for not reading the tech specs.
    02-05-12 11:46 AM
    Or get...any other top-end phone on the market, since RIM's flagship is the only flagship without AF.
    You = Broken + record.

Tell me one 'flagship' device with a comparable keyboard? You can't. So don't try.
    02-05-12 11:50 AM
    haven't you inquired before buying...
    people sell stones for price of diamonds..
    be careful....
    and i wonder how people really use cellphones/ smartphones for photography...
    i always prefer a dedicated camera...
    02-05-12 12:25 PM
    haven't you inquired before buying...
    people sell stones for price of diamonds..
    be careful....
    and i wonder how people really use cellphones/ smartphones for photography...
    i always prefer a dedicated camera...
    But I mean if your in college or go out a lot, you don't want to be carrying around a lot of extra stuff with you, that's why people want a phone that can be a all in one device.
    02-05-12 02:06 PM
    But I mean if your in college or go out a lot, you don't want to be carrying around a lot of extra stuff with you, that's why people want a phone that can be a all in one device.

no but if you into the photo taking hobby, then walking around with one wouldn't be a problem
    02-05-12 02:12 PM
    02-05-12 04:52 PM
    I went from a 9630 to an Android Thunderbolt. The Thunderbolt camera was amazing! Now that I'm back with BlackBerry I'm getting a digital camera. The 9930 camera looks ok but it's not as good as the Android I had or my parents iPhones by far.

I wish BlackBerry had a better camera because it's nice to have a camera always on me. But oh well. Getting a small point and shoot from Nikon will be the way I go.
    02-05-12 04:59 PM
    No smartphone camera compares to several hundred dollar point and shoots, like people really expect to some day see professional photography and media companies doing their jobs with smartphone cameras or something. I'm sure you need a 20mp camera or something for Facebook pics right? Sorry OP, but this a downright doofy thread
    02-05-12 05:44 PM
    I don't expect it to be as good as a several hundred dollar camera. I just expect it to be as good as the competition. and as good as a $100 camera.
    02-05-12 06:08 PM
    Same old story.. I had to forget the camera menomancy and appreciate more all the other hundreds things I can do with my device over the others which can't even be compared.
    The camera was really handy for me as I used to take lots of docs pic convert them to pdf, foward them.
    Ill be patience until new one hoping they put auto focus back.
    02-05-12 08:27 PM
    You = Broken + record.

Tell me one 'flagship' device with a comparable keyboard? You can't. So don't try.
    So lemmeesee, what you're saying is:

1-since the Bold has a great keyboard, its camera should be excused from critique
    2-you can compare and contrast two devices' keyboards, even those one does not have one.

Do I have that right?

I was comparing my 550i's fit-and-finish with that of my friend's A6. I told him mine was better. He said his A6 has all-wheel drive, so fit-and-finish didn't matter. His name was coincidentally "Shake".

Disagreeing is fine, but illogical is just illogical my friend.
    02-10-12 10:03 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD