Hi friends around the world.

I'm a Swedish BB user who is really concerned at the moment, my first BOLD 9900 Black version bought on release day for around 1000 usd bricked on me 5 times before i gave up and bought the white version of the BOLD 9900 for the same amount of money. Now guess what? That one just bricked on me just after a couple of weeks of use. No special apps installed, latest leaked 7.1 OS on it also.

I'm seriously starting to get a bit frustrated about this situation, don't know if i have the luck to get this back on track either, will have to try Apploader and see if i can get any connection to the computer with it.

Anyways, just wanted to spill some complaint around here.

I do love my BB phones, but i'm starting to doubt my feelings.
    02-01-12 11:29 AM
    Why don't you just have them replaced?
    02-01-12 01:11 PM
    Why don't you just have them replaced?
    Good question, none of the big service centers here in Sweden take care of them - I would then have to send them to the UK i guess.
    02-01-12 01:13 PM
    Maybe dont use the leaked OS?
    02-01-12 01:13 PM
    Maybe dont use the leaked OS?
    This is evidently not an OS problem, since pretty much every OS leaked or not is bricking our phones.

And the issue happend before with official carrier os also.
    02-01-12 01:16 PM
    Good question, none of the big service centers here in Sweden take care of them - I would then have to send them to the UK i guess.
    My guess is that the first round or so though production may have been a bad batch (perhaps why AT&T delayed their US launch so long). I'd say go through whatever effort it takes to have them replaced (talk to your carrier), and you'll more than likely get new units that won't brick.
    02-01-12 01:18 PM
    My guess is that the first round or so though production may have been a bad batch (perhaps why AT&T delayed their US launch so long). I'd say go through whatever effort it takes to have them replaced (talk to your carrier), and you'll more than likely get new units that won't brick.
    I will have to make some calls tomorrow, i actually didn't buy them through my carrier - i paid full cash price for both from Expansys and they did send them from France to Sweden, so i'm not certain how the warranty rules work here.
    02-01-12 01:23 PM
    I agree with Ben. My advise though is to back up your information on DTM, wipe your phone and downgrade to the last official version and see if that helps before contacting your carrier since they won't want to help you once you say you've been using unofficial software. Then if the phone keeps bricking or resetting have your carrier replace it
    02-01-12 01:23 PM
    How is it I have had 8-10 BBs, dual wielding it at times (work/personal) and never had one brick on me. I mean I have experimented, homebrewing, and bricked em out of pushing it past ones limits. But I have always restored with no problems. I would suggest switch phones in your case. You're doing it wrong
    02-01-12 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD