Hi all,
    It's been some time since I've posted last, (mostly to having no computer.) My Torch (which I loved a lot!) was eaten by my puppy - totally unusable, in pieces. Thankfully he didn't ingest any of the pieces! When I went to Sprint to get a new Torch, I couldn't even get a refurbished phone because of the EOL on the model, so I purchased a new Bold, which, so far, I seem to like. The most difficult thing to get used to is the smaller screen. What annoyed me with Sprint was I was told I had to use my upgrade (which I was saving for BB10) even though I couldn't sell my point of not buying a new phone because I wanted to - I had to. Anyway we'll see how it goes, hopefully I can argue it when BB10 releases. Is there anything in particular that people really like about the Bold over the Torch?
    Thanks all!
    10-12-12 06:11 AM
    Hi all,
    It's been some time since I've posted last, (mostly to having no computer.) My Torch (which I loved a lot!) was eaten by my puppy - totally unusable, in pieces. Thankfully he didn't ingest any of the pieces! When I went to Sprint to get a new Torch, I couldn't even get a refurbished phone because of the EOL on the model, so I purchased a new Bold, which, so far, I seem to like. The most difficult thing to get used to is the smaller screen. What annoyed me with Sprint was I was told I had to use my upgrade (which I was saving for BB10) even though I couldn't sell my point of not buying a new phone because I wanted to - I had to. Anyway we'll see how it goes, hopefully I can argue it when BB10 releases. Is there anything in particular that people really like about the Bold over the Torch?
    Thanks all!
    Welcome to the World of BOLD !
    Which Bold device do you have ?
    10-12-12 07:36 AM
    Is that all I have to do to get a 9900, let my dog eat my 9810. Why didn't I think of that? As far as what I think of the 9900, which my wife has, the screen being smaller doesn't make a difference. If you put the 2 side by side, you have to turn the 9810 sideways to view webpages. That annoys me like crazy. Also, I find the 9900 way more comfortable to use. That could just be my phone envy though LOL.
    10-12-12 08:20 AM
    Maxx71,
    I have the Sprint version of the Bold 9930. Seem to like it so far, like I said, the hardest thing to get used to is the screen. Also, this being Blackberry's flagship, are there any better features on this compared to the 9850? I did notice an NFC option. I've only checked the phone out for a few minutes so I don't really know its differences.
    10-12-12 09:17 AM
    Thanks Lendo78,
    Believe me, I REALLY miss my 9850 and didn't want to spend the money for a new phone! I'll have to compare the two when I get home. Thanks for the help!
    10-12-12 09:21 AM
    I really like my Bold 9930 because it has a mix of everything! It is really efficient and fast by having a keyboard, trackpad and touchscreen all in one unibody! The screen is smaller than the Torch, but I just know that it is used as a mobile device so I don't really need a huge screen on the go. That's what I have a laptop for and hopefully soon a Playbook. I have used many BlackBerrys and I think the Bold 9900/30 is my favorite!
    shemaree09 likes this.
    10-12-12 10:42 AM
    I love my Bold 9930,its great the screen is smaller,but I got use to it really quick,I also have sprint and when I bought my 9930 I paid full price (that hurt) but did so I would have my upgrade for BB10 , and had no issue with Sprint, that must be something new.
    10-12-12 11:05 AM
    hahaha love that dog ate torch - BB 9900 is a great phone
    10-12-12 12:30 PM
    Bold has a fabulous full sized keyboard. Metal band looks awesome. Thin. No autofocus though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    10-12-12 01:15 PM
    I'm glad your puppy is OK I guess puppy was "Being Bold"
    Ponyboy24 likes this.
    10-12-12 01:59 PM
    Is there anything in particular that people really like about the Bold over the Torch?
    Thanks all!
    I dumped my Torch on eBay for a loss ($200), because I disliked doing everything through a touch screen. IMO, the Bold is a much better device.
    10-12-12 02:23 PM
    On features alone, I would've chosen the torch 9810. I would rather a better camera with auto-focus than NFC. (I don't use it much, if at all.) However, when I first demoed the phones in the AT&T store prior to buying, I absolutely fell in love with the 9900's keyboard. I took it over the 9810 because, while I'm usually a fan of sliders, I felt that the keyboard was not big enough and the phone seemed too tall and not comfortable. My mom got the 9810 a few months after I got my 9900 and using the torch more solidified my decision. However, because of the camera on my 9900 I find myself not taking as many pictures as I normally would, simply because I'm not confident they'd come out well.
    10-12-12 05:35 PM