09-25-11 09:05 AM
30 12
tools
    I have been reading so many threads concerning the new Bolds abilities and down falls. I don't know what people expected from this device but the specs were out for months before launch.
    The day I received mine I had a few troubles but everything is ok now!
    I came from android and switched because BB had features I needed the most. I find people looking for more than this device offers and they can't believe it docent have it. In short if the new bold works for you then great but if not move on and be happy with your new device I know I am!
    bhill0821 and Jaguarr40 like this.
    09-23-11 07:26 PM
    I have been reading so many threads concerning the new Bolds abilities and down falls. I don't know what people expected from this device but the specs were out for months before launch.
    The day I received mine I had a few troubles but everything is ok now!
    I came from android and switched because BB had features I needed the most. I find people looking for more than this device offers and they can't believe it docent have it. In short if the new bold works for you then great but if not move on and be happy with your new device I know I am!
    I myself believe that most people that are having more trouble than they should whether they have owned a BB before or not are because with the new OS 7 devices they are not giving enough time to not only learn the device but find it's capabilities and know that it is still not going to be perfect. Rarely are any platform phones perfect so learn it, ask questions, search CB for answers and you will learn to love it like most of us have since we have had it....also knowing once again we are going to have problems from time to time.
    09-23-11 07:56 PM
    I had problems before certainly esp with my battery. But you just need to be patient. I did have to reload my OS a couple of times, but I was doing it to test out the phone and set it up differently. I don't have battery issues anymore. I can finally idle my phone for 8 hrs and only have it drop 5 pct. And when I'm heavily using it, it still lasts me past my bedtime, haha. It's an amazing phone if you take the time to learn it and get more familiar with it.
    09-23-11 08:15 PM
    I had a huge learning curve learning how to use the blackberry, it's been almost a month and I still learn new things everyday. Overall the phone's been great and a lot of the negative comments about the phone like the battery, camera (kinda of true) etc haven't bothered me too much.
    09-23-11 08:38 PM
    I absolutely love my 9930, It's so efficient and snappy. its light and built very solid. I am happy with my app selection. it's beauty catches my eye still after three weeks, the call quality is great, the antenna reception is an improvement for me from my Evo and 8530 Curve. My 9930 does work for me.
    09-23-11 08:46 PM
    It's been a week for me with flawless performance and appearance. I did not use device switch. Just loaded all data with the advance option in Dm. I did spend the last few weeks prior, reading about the cosmetics and the glitches others posted here, so I was fairly well armed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-11 09:00 PM
    I absolutely love my new Bold. It is by far the best Berry I've ever owned. I have ZERO complaints about it.
    09-23-11 09:08 PM
    Ditto. Works for me and is a great device. The three things I look at iPhones and Droids and still envy:

1. Better camera.
    2. USAA Banking application with camera/mobile check deposit.
    3. Integration with Lotus Notes Traveller (I am not on a BES, this is the iPhone/Droid solution for non-BES people).

Those three are fairly big for me, but the pro's of my 9930 still come in just a hair ahead. When my contract is up in 24 months (I have two 9930's on two lines and both renewed last month) it will be interesting to see what's out there, to say the least.
    09-23-11 10:12 PM
    I had a huge learning curve learning how to use the blackberry, it's been almost a month and I still learn new things everyday. Overall the phone's been great and a lot of the negative comments about the phone like the battery, camera (kinda of true) etc haven't bothered me too much.

No issues with my 9900. Works perfectly.

George, I've had BBs for over 5 years and I'm still discovering new features (just figured out the "filter" feature in BES email - it's genius!). That's the beauty with BlackBerry. Enjoy it!
    09-23-11 10:33 PM
    Ditto. Works for me and is a great device. The three things I look at iPhones and Droids and still envy:

1. Better camera.
    2. USAA Banking application with camera/mobile check deposit.
    3. Integration with Lotus Notes Traveller (I am not on a BES, this is the iPhone/Droid solution for non-BES people).

Those three are fairly big for me, but the pro's of my 9930 still come in just a hair ahead. When my contract is up in 24 months (I have two 9930's on two lines and both renewed last month) it will be interesting to see what's out there, to say the least.
    Have you checked out funambol ?
    09-23-11 10:46 PM
    I love mine with the exception of a few days a go when it gave me the white screen of death (jvm 517 error). I installed the latest leak on it and it has been perfect so far. Battery life is much better than stock also.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-23-11 11:01 PM
    ... similar to OP... nothing I cannot live with... no regrets
    09-23-11 11:15 PM
    work? yes

on my 4th since sept 9th and waiting for and escalation device to be shipped

all have been defective builds of the housing not software (every one also has the bottom lip slightly raised and not flush with the bezel)
    nmaguire001 likes this.
    09-23-11 11:34 PM
    Well, traveler isn't really BB friendly, with an app for almost all other platforms. You may want to wait for an Android player on the Playbook.

But with respect to Lotus Notes, as long as BES is installed on the Domino server, you should be good to go. Ask you Admin about it.
    09-23-11 11:43 PM
    Mine has worked flawlessly 7.0.0.353
    I never carry another camera with me, I like having an all-in-one device. So my only "complaint" would be that the camera could be better. But as it is, the camera still gets the job done.
    Over all, it's the best phone I've owned. Ever.
    Very happy with my purchase.
    09-24-11 12:28 AM
    I have no complaint at all, other than I wish I could install Photoshop on it and USB a WACOM Intuos 4 into it.
    Wow, kudos if you can survive using such a small screen for your design work. I already have trouble fitting in all the palettes on my 15" mbp screen.
    09-24-11 12:32 AM
    Very happy with my 9900 so far. Would like to see a little more steady stream of updates for it, but I'm sure that will be forthcoming after the wifi hotspot and UMA are launched. My old 9700 is still getting updates to this day, and it's amazing how far that phone has come since it's launch on OS5.

Looking forward to a good 1-2 years of service out of my 9900, I'll be giving the QNX phones a while to..... "mature" before I jump on that train (possibly wreck).
    Cozmik likes this.
    09-24-11 12:34 AM
    Absolutely amazing. I had the first weird thing happen today which is surely due to the OS being new. I am running the VZW stock software release.

I had no service due to being inside a building with very thick concrete walls. I selected the top of the home screen and chose (All Off) so as to save my battery.

The phone rebooted.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-24-11 01:03 AM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    loving the Bold 9900 ....five weeks now ...flawless so far... in eight different countries ...slick and very professional .... best smartphone i have ever owned!
    09-24-11 01:18 AM
    Loving mine so far. A few cosmetic problems but still a great tool.

09-24-11 02:04 AM
    Mine has been working perfectly since day one. I even unlocked it and took it overseas and zero issues.
    09-24-11 02:47 AM
    Great phone. This is my first blackberry (actually second if you count the 9810 I had for 3 weeks) and it gets the job done. Coming from an all touch phone that I grew tired of, my first priority was a physical keyboard, and you can't beat this one.

This phone is the perfect balance of performance, function and design, to me anyway. They are always areas for improvement, but that's every product.
    09-24-11 10:54 AM
    I've had mine since Launch day for Sprint. My 9930 is absolutely Amazing. Without a doubt the best phone I've ever had. Since I upgraded to .362 battery life has drastically improved.

It's a great phone, and I show it off to everyone I know.

Bottom Line, my phone outperforms everything else.

09-24-11 02:44 PM
    I got a 9930 and there is light leaking on one corner of the phone button one dot on the home key (Blackberry Key) and on the curve of the return key. Anyone else having this problem?
    Last edited by nmaguire001; 09-24-11 at 03:12 PM.
    09-24-11 02:57 PM
    Okay. I've read through most of the responses to this post, and I'm now sold on the Bold 9900. I've been with Verizon for a few years- using the Storm 1 & Storm 2. I actually loved both devices (The Storm 2 was clearly a HUGE improvement!). I've been using BB's for about 10 years, but I've had a wandering eye lately. I won't go to an iPhone, but I've been considering some of the Android devices. The problem is that I've payed around with the OS (friends phones), and I don't really care for it very much. Although it looks phenomenal on the Galaxy S tablet.

Anyway...T-Mobile is having a BB sale today, and my wife needs to replace her 2 year old Curve. I told her that I'd buy her the Bold, but I think I'll pick one up for myself as well!!! :-)

I've been holding off and trying to decide what to move to next...and haven't pulled the trigger. I will today, so thanks for the feedback on the new Bold! And I'll be sure to share my opinion of it, but I'm sure it'll be GREAT!!
    Last edited by kthhrrsn; 09-24-11 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Additional sentence added.
    09-24-11 03:36 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD