I've owned my Bold 9900 for 13 days now and noticed a couple of days ago that it doesn't lie completely flat (obviously when put on a smooth, flat surface and on its back).

If I use my finger to gently press down on the bottom right or top left corner of the phone, it will wobble/teeter/tilt, as if the phone is warped. It's not extreme, but I'd say there's about 1.5mm of teetering.

Do your 9900s lay completely flat with no teetering? I've heard of the same problem happening on some PlayBooks even.

I'm not planning on returning my 9900 for a new one, but was simply posting to see if any of you share this "defect" in manufacturing, just for peace of mind.

Please let me know. Thanks!
    09-25-11 10:11 PM
    I dont understand what laying completely flat with no teetering means wao didn't think on my life that I wouldn't understand a hole sentence on english! WTF jajaajja
    09-25-11 10:14 PM
    I dont understand what laying completely flat with no teetering means wao didn't think on my life that I wouldn't understand a hole sentence on english! WTF jajaajja
    I can see why you wouldn't understand.
    pinkvikchick and BSFA2008 like this.
    09-25-11 10:21 PM
    I've owned my Bold 9900 for 13 days now and noticed a couple of days ago that it doesn't lie completely flat (obviously when put on a smooth, flat surface and on its back).

If I use my finger to gently press down on the bottom right or top left corner of the phone, it will wobble/teeter/tilt, as if the phone is warped. It's not extreme, but I'd say there's about 1.5mm of teetering.

Do your 9900s lay completely flat with no teetering? I've heard of the same problem happening on some PlayBooks even.

I'm not planning on returning my 9900 for a new one, but was simply posting to see if any of you share this "defect" in manufacturing, just for peace of mind.

Please let me know. Thanks!
    Yes it is suppose to lie flat as far as I know. I don't want take my phone out from my case just to check this out. But I remember that it suppose to be flat.
    09-25-11 10:21 PM
    Yes it is suppose to lie flat as far as I know. I don't want take my phone out from my case just to check this out. But I remember that it suppose to be flat.
    Thanks for letting me know it's supposed to lie flat.
    09-25-11 10:25 PM
    I have mine sitting right here in front of me. It lies completely flat on its back with now movement at all.
    09-25-11 10:27 PM
    Flat.......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 10:38 PM
    flat for me no movement at all
    09-25-11 10:44 PM
    hahaha......this is like the 9800 "wobble" threads.........
    09-30-11 03:43 PM
    Mine wobbles a little, but then again I have had a few pints for happy hour so.......
    09-30-11 03:48 PM
    Mine is flat. Why not try this: Remove the back cover, take out the battery and test again. If it is flat, then you should know where the problem is now
    10-01-11 02:40 PM
    Are you sure the surface is flat? Maybe the table is imperfect. Try a different surface.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 03:18 PM
    OP please where is it made in?
    where is the phone made in ?
    10-01-11 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD