Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

First of all, I would like to tell those on this forum that I think you are wonderful. I have great respect for many of you as you are kind with your responses and extremely helpful. I am an addict to this forum!!

The point of this post: I am all new to RIM/Blackberries, and after all that I have read and the troubles people have had with their 9900s/9930s, I find myself having slight nervousness around this sweet device. When I see the red light, I am like "oh crud," if it takes too long to boot, I am like "oh no!," and the list goes on. All is good so far, but I think I need help. Just kidding. I just want to know if others are experiencing this or are you so familiar with the BB devices that you have no worries...
    12-25-11 08:56 AM
    Yes,
    99xx owners are nervous some times depending upon state of their 99xx.
    but...
    1. charge your 99xx for around 12+ hours (this will clear if 99xx is faulty and will be bricked)
    2. carry charger+extra battery.
    this will ease a little.
    12-25-11 10:00 AM
    I'm not nervous at all. I don't do anything different from my 9700. I charge it when I go to bed, unplug when I wake up and get ready for work. I haven't had any problems whatsoever and I've had my BB since the ATT release date. Battery is not as good as my other previous BB, but its decent and it can last me up to 12-14 hrs depending how heavy I use it. I also have phone insurance so that helps
    12-25-11 10:09 AM
    I would be if mine got bricked..
    12-25-11 10:23 AM
    I have a 2 year replace/repair warranty from my carrier so I am not concerned at all should it brick. I've had mine for about a month and I've charged my phone overnight on numerous occasions as well and I have not had any issues.

I do get the very very occasional random reboot when I have been browsing for extended periods of time though, but the phone boots right up and I am on my way again.

I really feel for those having issues with this wonderful device. The keyboard is fantastic and just to think I wasn't a fan of the form factor.
    12-25-11 10:32 AM
    Merry Christmas! Wonderful device. The only time I worry about mine is when other people want to handle it - do they have greasy hands? Prone to dropping things?
    12-25-11 11:05 AM
    I must say I am nervous.
    My first 9930 nuked itself twice. On the second time I walked right into Verizon and I got a new one in the mail the next day. This one is running beautifully.
    My 9810 also nuked itself twice. Now it doesn't want to charge off my laptop unless I do a reset so I know something is going on with it. Soon as I get a chance I'll deal with it.
    My 9860 has been perfect so far.
    12-25-11 11:05 AM
    I must say I am nervous.
    My first 9930 nuked itself twice. On the second time I walked right into Verizon and I got a new one in the mail the next day. This one is running beautifully.
    My 9810 also nuked itself twice. Now it doesn't want to charge off my laptop unless I do a reset so I know something is going on with it. Soon as I get a chance I'll deal with it.
    I'm planning on getting a second OS 7 device to keep around as a spare and since you have both the 9810 and the 9860, which would you advise I get?

The 9860 is set for release soon around my part of the world...
    12-25-11 11:12 AM
    I must say I am nervous.
    Geez Qb, you live near a nuclear power-plant or something? High tension wires over your house, perhaps? I am sorry you are having these problems. I remember the gigantic thread about the impending 9900 release, and you getting the 9930, you and Ibcop were pretty worked up.

I have no idea why both of mine are fine, both Mexico 4, I don't baby them, load leaked OS's and I switch between the two every week or two. Maybe that's the thing, they split duty, therefore get used half as much.
    12-25-11 01:18 PM
    Not nervous, rather excited because I like to use it so much!
    12-25-11 01:24 PM
    I'm planning on getting a second OS 7 device to keep around as a spare and since you have both the 9810 and the 9860, which would you advise I get?

The 9860 is set for release soon around my part of the world...
    My 9810 rocks, but I haven't used a 9860 yet, so I can only say that the 9810 is a good phone, and rarely brick/nukes. Qb is having a heck of run of bad luck, and I wish her the best, but most of us are problem free.
    12-25-11 01:29 PM
    my first one bricked in the red light loop. my second one randomly had a 'no os installed' (i forget the jvm error code) and i had to reload the os. so yeah, if it stalls out around 2/3 of the way i start to worry. and i've been getting a random jvm error 505, i think? after i click okay it just goes back to working normally. might just be something from running 7.1 though and an app not fully compatible.
    12-25-11 01:49 PM
    as stated earlier, only when others are handling my devices. i enjoy showing my blackberries off, it is just hard to let go and allow them in someone elses hand.
    12-25-11 02:02 PM
    I fear my 9900 becoming bricked. I remove my phone from the home & work chargers as soon as I see the green full charge light turn on. I don't charge overnight or leave the phone charging too long after fully charged, from what I've read, that seems to be contributing factor to the bricking problem.
    12-25-11 05:42 PM
    My first bricked itself, but was replaced by Orange within 24 hours. I dont download leaked , only use it for messaging and email. Give it a quick charge via usb and have it off at night. Im not sure whats to be nervous about?
    12-25-11 05:45 PM
    my 9900 "bricked" twice. It was "bricked" and how i somehow brought it back loading OS .503

the next day it shut off again. sigh...running my Torch 9800 now

Would AT&T replace this phone? any experience with this?
    12-25-11 06:26 PM
    why dont you buy the extra battery charging bundle great item
    12-25-11 06:28 PM
    I can't say I'm nervous, but I do try to avoid patterns that have been described prior to bricking. I got the original external charger and battery bundle, so my Bold is practically never on a charger.
    On the other hand, I have loaded every single leaked build so far. I've had some errors during installation, but have always been able to complete them. I'm on a 7.1 hybrid now, and I must say it's the best of the bunch. Great battery life plus some new features.
    I would recommend to anyone to stick with genuine batteries. Just get the external charger and battery made by RIM. It might cost you a little extra, but will save you a lot of trouble in the long run.
    Merry Christmas to all!
    12-25-11 06:54 PM
    No need to fear, phone insurance is here. And after going through the replacement fun once I realized how easy with BB ID and a recent backup it is to be right back where you left off in about 1 hour. Only problem I had was having to contact nobex and give them the new pin# when I reinstalled on the replacement. So no I don't get nervous anymore, now that I am no longer a brick virgin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-11 08:20 PM
    Every time I am forced to do a battery pull anxiety becomes overwhelming... and I sit down and pray that I don't get hit by the JVM error.
    12-25-11 08:43 PM
    No need to fear, phone insurance is here. And after going through the replacement fun once I realized how easy with BB ID and a recent backup it is to be right back where you left off in about 1 hour. Only problem I had was having to contact nobex and give them the new pin# when I reinstalled on the replacement. So no I don't get nervous anymore, now that I am no longer a brick virgin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Very true that. I had to replace 2 9810s and it went smoothly, nothing got lost, except for time, which is frustrating. I love my 9900 to bits. It has been flawless. I do have insurance on top of the 1 year replacement policy, so I'm not getting my pants in a twist over possible bricking or even losing the phone.
    Just make sure you activate BB Protect and have it do a daily backup. I also create backups on my PC quite often, so I'm alright.
    12-25-11 08:49 PM
    Merry Christmas! Wonderful device. The only time I worry about mine is when other people want to handle it - do they have greasy hands? Prone to dropping things?
    I had to laugh at the greasy hands one! Fun-nny!!

I must admit that I bought my phone second hand because I am so tired of being in a contract (trying something new). Therefore, I do not have insurance, no warranty, etc...

I plan to relax and not worry until I really have something to worry about (until I see that next red light or experience that next slow boot, just kidding!).
    12-25-11 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD