Still up in the air

Based on what they said, it seems it would do nothing or help, at any point in the batteries life. If you think your performance is less than par, I say go for it. Just don't judge your battery life against other posters. Go with what your norm is. I know with my 2600 MOAB from Seidio, I'm hard pressed to get better than 8% drop per-hour.
    01-30-12 07:12 PM
    Ok guys I denied doing this couple of days ago on this thread but then I cannot resist it and actually drained my battery once and charged it. My phone is not bricked and am going to do it again. Then I will post about any battery life difference, only if I suspect any
    yes please let us know!!! Thanks!

Still up in the air

Based on what they said, it seems it would do nothing or help, at any point in the batteries life. If you think your performance is less than par, I say go for it. Just don't judge your battery life against other posters. Go with what your norm is. I know with my 2600 MOAB from Seidio, I'm hard pressed to get better than 8% drop per-hour.
    Is that what they mean? Because when I read it, I think Seidio is recommending that you do drain it 3-4 times and charge it back. Am I reading it wrong?
    01-30-12 07:15 PM
    It says drain completely till network cutoff 3-4 times, and each time charge it 2-3 hours beyond the point it reaches 100%.
    01-30-12 07:20 PM
    Exactly. That was my original question. Should I drain my battery and recharge at few times? And Seidio recommends it.

Also I don't have the bold 9930 yet. I'm just asking ahead of time so once I get it I'll hopefully have made a decision.
    01-30-12 07:21 PM
    To drain, or not to drain......that is the question!

I have had a few BB's in my day. I have never let it get to the point of shutting off automatically.

To the dare, you shall.....and thee will be thanked!
    James Wang likes this.
    01-30-12 07:38 PM
    This is left over from the days of ni-cad and ni-mh batteries, as this technique was used to both achieve maximum capacity and help cure the memory effects, common to early rechargeable batteries. With today's modern li-ion and li-po batteries, this technique does not have the same benefit. Although some claim "it worked for me!" It is more likely just that the battery does sort of "break in" with initial use, but is has nothing to do with full discharge/recharge cycles. In fact, lithium based batteries (li-ion and li-po) are at their best when kept topped off and it is not advisable to drain them completely.

sent using Tapatalk
    James Wang likes this.
    01-30-12 08:04 PM
    Bump. Anybody try this?
    02-02-12 01:01 PM
    Yes I tried it even though I did not had any problem with the battery timing. I supposed to post the results but ahhh I forgot For me, it did not made any significant change so I will not say that it help battery life Good luck to those who noticed any difference in battery life and more good luck to those who still going to try it
    02-02-12 11:38 PM
    New person to the thread here.

Had my phone delivered yesterday, had 20% battery out of box (gives you enough to have a fiddle)

Didnt charge it at all, waited until the battery was fully drained in the evening after fiddling some more and charged it for about 8 hours overnight.

Lasted me from 11 when i woke up (went to bed at 2) until 9.30 in the evening 10 minutes ago.

So got 10 and a half hours of heavy use out of it. It literally just completely drained, and is going back on charge until past midnight. Will let it drain completely once more tomorrow then thats it for the draining!

Will let you guys know what my results are! Ive heard from multiple people this is a good idea, and previously with my 9700 every other month i would completely drain it to turn off point, then charge it over night and have a few more hours than usual how coincidental!
    02-04-12 03:41 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD