Hello to all you crackberriers. Recently got my first Blackberry 9900 as I've always wanted one even though it's a few years old now, I love it, premium stylish phone.

Anyway, I don't have a BIS plan and I did the tcp all networks file hack. I would like to know if the native browser still compresses data using my generic data plan and do I really need to keep the WAP service books because I read something about BIS somehow charging for using WAP services or sites, or something like that, and that to just delete them. I have actually deleted them but haven't noticed any differences without them.

Would love some feedback about these things and thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Ben
    09-28-14 07:48 PM
    BIS compresses the data, not the browser.
    Ben_Lowen likes this.
    09-28-14 10:45 PM
    Thanks, I had Opera mini installed for a short time but for some reason it would only connect to wifi. Do I need the WAP service books back? or should I use a different browser? Thanks.
    09-29-14 09:06 PM
    If you don't have BIS, you'll probably have to contact your carrier and get the APN settings from them. Asking them to push the appropriate service books can't hurt either.

No ide why it wouldn't connect to WI-FI though. That should work with Opera Mini, no matter the data connection.

Posted via CB10
    Ben_Lowen likes this.
    09-29-14 11:38 PM
    I have the APN already in, so now I assume that the TCP via all browser file that I installed is just to use the native browser with any network, but now without compression because not going through BIS servers. So I'm better off using Opera mini for their compression as I'm on a limited data plan. I will get Opera mini back and try again. Just to reiterate, Opera mini wouldn't work over 3G but was fine on wifi. Maybe the WAP service books have something to do with that.
    diegonei likes this.
    09-30-14 07:02 AM