Yes, it's the best BB ever. Is it perfect...no. I loved all my BBs (from the 850 to the 9700), but the 9900 is my favorite. The keyboard, extra memory, better CPU and OS 7 make it the best BB ever. It's shortcomings...camera, battery, bricking issue...don't knock it from the top spot, IMO.
    01-26-12 06:43 PM
    The only great thing that this phone has that others don't is the size and form factor of the keyboard but that's pretty much it! The Torch 9810 has better features and performance, and is, overall, more reliable. Even the curve 8900 and the Bold 9700, with just a 3.1 camera, take better pics than this.

If your flagship device (and the one that everyone calls best BB ever) has a terrible battery life, inferior call recepction, a crappy camera, sqweaky and crooked buttons, build defects, not as much memory as it seems, Plus you're actually lucky if it doesn't brick, aren't you sending people the wrong message? Plus, you're showing people that your best device falls behind when you compare it to other phones on the same range on other platforms.

The 9900 is not a cheap phone, people who buy it do it because they think they're getting a quality product, something they can rely on.

I've been using Blackberry phones for a long time and this is actually my first dissapointment, so this, alone, is not going to make me switch, but how about people who are trying Blackberry for the first time?

Why would they stick around?

why are you asking that question in the title when you already have >your< opinion/answer?

kids these days ^^
    of course the 99xx rules for me. stil wish for a lil biger battery/ a few milimeter ticker would be no problem.

btw the 99xx keyboard is not only better compared to torch because its bigger. its also the design and the "pressurepoint" of the keys. if it would be the size alone old 7230 or 6230 would be even better (compared to other devices there are in this point)

"best ever" "all time" is kiddy crxp - it depends on what your personally (false friend ?) need
    Last edited by boldkeyboardholic; 01-26-12 at 07:21 PM.
    01-26-12 07:01 PM
    Yes, it is Blackaberry's best phone up to date but it pales in comparison to other companies' best phones.
    01-26-12 07:06 PM
    i own one
    and the answer is no
    reasons
    awful camera
    awful battery life
    prone to bricking
    cannot remove micro sd card without removing battery (wtf rim!!!!?)

the 9810 should have this title.
    do they have not the same battery and cpu? so this is just stupid. camera is medium bad, bricking sometimes - as almost every bb does - same os... where are your points which makes sense?

personal needs and usage it the key.
    01-26-12 07:07 PM
    you absolutely can remove the sd card without entirely removing the battery, just lift battery up still maintaining connection and voila, your cd card is freeeeee..

i own one
    and the answer is no
    reasons
    awful camera
    awful battery life
    prone to bricking
    cannot remove micro sd card without removing battery (wtf rim!!!!?)

the 9810 should have this title.
    01-26-12 07:14 PM
    you absolutely can remove the sd card without entirely removing the battery, just lift battery up still maintaining connection and voila, your cd card is freeeeee..
    but kevin got stuck i think when he tried to remove it
    01-26-12 07:22 PM
    Im going with----------------YES------------- other than being slightly slow at times. the quality is far superior over other brands, it feels great in your hands, the keyboard is nothing short of amazing. and the system is smoooth.

i dont need to be able to say "well my phone has an app library of 150,000 +".

ps....my camera works great , pics are crystal clear.
    01-26-12 07:26 PM
    yes .this is my 3rd bb .8310,9700,and now 9930.i have no problems at all phone does what i need it to.
    01-26-12 09:01 PM
    Bold 9900 was my first Blackberry and I gonna said it was the best BB.

I've compare to my friend and my wife BB and the only thing that Bold losing is the lack of good camera. other than that, It's far too best from others Blackberries. For a long time, I was really with the brand of Blackberry and I dont even wanna use it. But after my wife buying me as a present. Yes! The only thing i could is "it so sexy and so easy to control". And until now, I was so lucky! Zero problem.
    01-26-12 09:46 PM
    I want to ask everyone a serious question though, the battery problem...is it because I'm still working with os 7.0.0.585 build that im getting really crappy battery life with it? I mean after 30mins the battery drops a good 15%. Please someone give me a good answer on this.
    01-26-12 09:57 PM
    Yes! The Bold 9900/9930 is the best BlackBerry ever.
    01-26-12 10:49 PM
    no.when bbx arrives,people will say thats the best ever.and when bbx 2 arrives,that will be the best ever.and then bbx 3 and 4 and so on.there will no be no 1 best ever until rim keeps making more new models until they go out of business.this also applies to apple.no one can say that iphone 4s is the best iphone ever.samsung also applies.can't say the galaxy skyrocket is the best android ever.
    01-26-12 11:07 PM
    There are posts in just about every device forum on here that have to do with battery life complaints. While I'd expect the battery life (if scientifically tested), on the new Bolds is on average shorter than on the older Bolds (smaller battery, faster hardware), I do not think one can call it terrible in a blanket statement. I get 2 days. Some do not get a day. The results are highly variable just like on other devices.

The tilted trackpad is an optical illusion. Measure it and you'll see it is straight. Again the older devices received the same complaint.

Camera? I will grant you that one. It simply is not as easy to take a variety of good photos as it is on other high end RIM devices. My Tour did a bit better for me all in all.

More features on the Torch? How so?

Build defects, I do not doubt that. Some people are very picky but some of the posts describe things that sound really out of bounds.

The keyboard-- there's no disputing this one. The best. A lot of weight in my opinion goes into the keyboard rating since it is a key device form factor feature.

One thing you left out is size. I think the 99xx is simply too big/wide a device for some.

But it is thin. Another plus.

I'd say it is a toss up between the 99xx Bolds and the 97xx Bolds depending on your size preference. Just my opinion.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-26-12 11:13 PM
    And actually got hired at my current job because of it. (True Story)

Really? Cool. That'd be interesting if you could share how that happened (perhaps in another thread?).

01-26-12 11:21 PM
    I want to ask everyone a serious question though, the battery problem...is it because I'm still working with os 7.0.0.585 build that im getting really crappy battery life with it? I mean after 30mins the battery drops a good 15%. Please someone give me a good answer on this.

There are too many variables for anyone to know. Reception, what radios are on, what apps are running, the quality of your battery, etc. and so on. No way to tell. But there are a couple of tests. 1. Get another battery and compare. 2. Back up, wipe, and rebuild the device without any 3rd party apps and test. Perhaps a large difference will show up.

01-26-12 11:30 PM
    If you break down the processor,screen resolution and browser speed it is the best BlackBerry ever yes it has it's flaws but there is no other BlackBerry I would rather have.
    01-26-12 11:38 PM
    The answer is a resounding �NO� and comparing it to my 9700�

The good�
    - Keyboard
    - Touch screen
    - Screen size
    - Video (disregarding the elusive �wobble� effect)

Not so good�
    - Battery (less/erratic discharge behaviours)
    - Camera (more user interaction for a better shot/lame macro/grainy photos)
    - Call quality (muter/not as clear)
    - Build quality (mine has key & bezel wear after 2.5 months)
    - Reliability (frequent unexpected reboots/others w/bricking issues)
    - Performance (under normal usage hard to see/feel difference)
    - One less convenience button
    - Battery pull required to remove Micro SD

All I can say is that moving up to the 9900 didn�t make me feel like I had �cutting edge� technology in my hands, actually felt I took a few steps backwards over my 9700. My old BB worked great out of the box and still does even after all the OS and software updates, can't say the same for the new.
    01-27-12 01:35 AM
    Really? Cool. That'd be interesting if you could share how that happened (perhaps in another thread?).

I'd be glad to tell here, I work for Value Options. It's a Health Insurance Company. I went for an interview and the Manager that interviewed me saw that I had my BlackBerry Bold 9930 in a Holster, and quickly noted "Oh, you've got a BlackBerry. I'm sure that you'll get all the e-mails I send immediately!"

Not long after the interview, she sent me several documents to review, and soon after my quick responses came through, she hired me. She later went on to tell me that being so young, when she saw the BlackBerry she knew I was serious and about my Business.

Proud of My 9930.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    si_chindo and southlander like this.
    01-27-12 10:18 AM
    do they have not the same battery and cpu? so this is just stupid. camera is medium bad, bricking sometimes - as almost every bb does - same os... where are your points which makes sense?

personal needs and usage it the key.
    Cpu, resolution, os, phone capabilities are the same.
    Keyboard, form factor are subjective (i kinda favor the 9900 but a split-hair).
    9810 has a better camera with autofocus
    9810 has a larger screen so better touchscreen experience.
    9810 has a (slightly) larger battery.

I have the 9900 and not the 9810 because SKT only sells the 9900. The 9900 is the sole os7 device in Korea.

I think i will buy one at amazon and have it shipped here.
    01-27-12 10:34 AM
    Matter of opinion I guess. I think it depends on what you use the device for. I did not buy the device because of its camera. I like the keyboard, my call quality is excellent, browser works smoothly. Only downside, for me, is battery life. All in all, a very good device. As for bricking......I've never had that happen to me.
    01-27-12 11:19 AM
    I have to say no.

I had the 9900 on day one and wow, it's a thing of beauty, feels amazing in the hand and looks even better. RIM can build products and design them so well. Perhaps better than all the rest. The keyboard is wonderful.

But it's expensive. I paid �510 sim-free on day one. For that I get no autofocus, four OS reinstalls in two months due to bricking, and some poor battery life into the bargain.

I don't think OS 7 really lived up to the hype. Things like battery pulls and restarts for installing/deleting apps is just so 2002. We don't need that.

Fix things like this and I will be a happy bunny again.
    toldyoso30 likes this.
    01-27-12 11:38 AM
    yeah, the 9900 is a great little device even though I just couldn't quite get a feel for the keyboard (i know, everybody loves it) but that's just me so i'm placing my 9860 at #1.

i may be in this club alone but hey, that suits me just fine!
    01-27-12 04:24 PM
    Nah. The 9000 is still the king.
    01-27-12 06:57 PM
    OF COURSE NOT!!! 9810 ALL THE WAY!!!!!

or ill cahnge my answer when the bb10 come out
    01-27-12 09:02 PM
    Do u even own a 9900 ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yes, Do you?
    01-27-12 09:10 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD