Do either programs drain your batery, I have the settings on BeWeather set to manually update.
    07-20-12 01:25 PM
    They have never drained my battery whatsoever. I have BeWeather to update hourly and BeBuzz doesn't update anything, it just works when you get notifications in on how you have it set up
    07-20-12 01:34 PM
    I didn't notice dramatic battery drainage with Beweather.

I've changed to Accuweather now - that seems ok aswell.
    07-20-12 01:45 PM
    Do either programs drain your batery, I have the settings on BeWeather set to manually update.
    BeBuzz will naturally run your battery down a bit because to keep the LED flashing you are using battery life. So yes, it does. Is it enough to remove it? That's up to you. Try Advance OS and LED if you want a free alternative that does not keep the LED flashing, therefore saving battery life. Having said that, there is also a CORE edition of Be Buzz that cuts a lot of the needless stuff out and saves memory. That's the bigger drain! Memory hogs: BeWeather, BeBuzz.
    07-20-12 02:41 PM
    BeBuzz will naturally run your battery down a bit because to keep the LED flashing you are using battery life. So yes, it does. Is it enough to remove it? That's up to you. Try Advance OS and LED if you want a free alternative that does not keep the LED flashing, therefore saving battery life. Having said that, there is also a CORE edition of Be Buzz that cuts a lot of the needless stuff out and saves memory. That's the bigger drain! Memory hogs: BeWeather, BeBuzz.
    LED's take such a minute amount of power. They cannot be responsible for battery drain.
    07-20-12 03:59 PM
    LED's take such a minute amount of power. They cannot be responsible for battery drain.
    Exactly. That's why i said "run down your battery a little". What those apps are...memory drainers. You save battery life if no leds are blinking.
    07-20-12 04:27 PM
    BeWeather has been fixing memory leakage and battery drain they had in the past specially on OS7.x, I had to uninstall it in the past, but now the issue seems to be resolved, also I have it to refresh every 2, 4 or 6 hours depending the season, but normally is on 2, and drain is insignificant.
    07-20-12 06:35 PM
    What do you mean come edition. I've only run the paid version. Is there something different.
    07-21-12 12:59 AM
    Beweather is great but I swear it drains my battery faster.
    Last edited by mhw100; 07-21-12 at 12:51 PM.
    07-21-12 01:00 AM
    I've seen no discernible battery change using Beweather. And I'm very aware of the battery and apps that can drain it.
    07-21-12 01:33 AM
    What do you mean come edition. I've only run the paid version. Is there something different.
    Go to Bellshare and download the CORE edition of BeBuzz. I am using it now and the Application Resource Manager does not flag it as it did for the reg ver 5.
    mhw100 likes this.
    07-21-12 11:46 AM
    Go to Bellshare and download the CORE edition of BeBuzz. I am using it now and the Application Resource Manager does not flag it as it did for the reg ver 5.
    Or use Advance OS and LED instead.

It's free, versatile, has a very small footprint and does not activate ARM.
    07-21-12 11:53 AM
    Or use Advance OS and LED instead.

It's free, versatile, has a very small footprint and does not activate ARM.
    Which is exactly what I said about 12 posts back!
    07-21-12 12:07 PM
    Which is exactly what I said about 12 posts back!
    Sorry, not been following this thread in detail, just jumped in after the last post.

Still, you can never have too much good advice !!!

Great minds and all that ....
    07-21-12 12:09 PM
    Sorry, not been following this thread in detail, just jumped in after the last post.

Still, you can never have too much good advice !!!

Great minds and all that ....
    Exactly!!!
    Have a great weekend!!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    07-21-12 12:21 PM
    BeWeather was updated yesterday to version 2.6.22, it's supposed to fix the memory leak. It's available on the Bellshare site.
    AxKxB likes this.
    07-21-12 01:34 PM
    Been using Bebuzz for 3 years and didn't know that existed. I'm going to use that instead. Thanks.
    07-21-12 03:10 PM
    I've seen no discernible battery change using Beweather. And I'm very aware of the battery and apps that can drain it.
    It didn't seem to show up as a big item on the resource monitor either but after a few trials of having it intstalled/uninstalled I decided to delete it. Anecdotally it seemed to drop the battery. It wasn't a massive drain by any stretch in any case so it wasn't a big deal. Weather predictions here on the coast don't seem to be that accurate anyways, lol.
    07-21-12 03:39 PM
    To answer the OP's original question, YES. ALL apps drain batteries somewhat. The idea is to have as little drainage from an app as possible. I always ask myself is the drainage for a particular app more of a problem than having the app on the phone.
    Last edited by spencerdl; 07-21-12 at 06:02 PM.
    07-21-12 03:51 PM
    Why not look at "Application Management" on your own phone and find out for yourself instead of asking others to look it up for you like a little kid?

Yeah, that's right, 12.5 seconds in the last week with auto updates every 45 minutes.

So no, it isn't draining your battery kids.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 07-21-12 at 04:54 PM.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-21-12 04:51 PM
    BeWeather doesn't seem to drain my battery but Bebuzz sure does. Checking CPU usage on my 9930, Bebuzz 5 is constantly going, switching between 1% and 5% even when no leds are in use so I'm saying yes, yes it does. Seriously considering deleting it and calling it a day.
    07-22-12 01:43 PM
    BeWeather doesn't seem to drain my battery but Bebuzz sure does. Checking CPU usage on my 9930, Bebuzz 5 is constantly going, switching between 1% and 5% even when no leds are in use so I'm saying yes, yes it does. Seriously considering deleting it and calling it a day.
    Have you tried the CORE app from Bellshare?
    Also dump it and try Advance OS and LED. Great app! No drain.
    07-22-12 02:02 PM
    Have you tried the CORE app from Bellshare?
    Also dump it and try Advance OS and LED. Great app! No drain.
    Lol! I was just thinking about sending you a pm and asking your opinion since you've tried them. I haven't tried the CORE version yet & was considering Advance OS. I was just afraid my tiny brain might get overwhelmed with all it can do.
    07-22-12 02:19 PM
    Sooooooo let me get this straight, there are apps that don't drain the battery what so ever?? So when my 9930 is sitting on the nightstand and not in use.......???
    07-22-12 02:30 PM
    Sooooooo let me get this straight, there are apps that don't drain the battery what so ever?? So when my 9930 is sitting on the nightstand and not in use.......???
    They all drain the battery to a certain extent but some seem to have an excessive drain even when they're supposedly not in use. With BeBuzz 5, which in my understanding is supposed to set led lights, I'm seeing an almost constant battery drain (I've even seen 7% in CPU usage) even when no leds are activated. I have no idea why this would occur. I think Jaydee meant that Advance OS & LED didn't continue to drain the battery at an excessive rate when idle. Maybe someone with some expert knowledge will jump in to explain.
    07-22-12 03:20 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD