I was wondering if any of you know if BB Boss OS shrinking software works with the new Bold 9900?

BB Boss

I was hoping to get the new Bold Touch on T-mobile tomorrow, and I would like to free up some space by removing bloatware and preloaded software I dont use.

So if anyone has used BB Boss with an OS7 device, preferably the 9900, and it works just fine, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!
    08-30-11 02:23 PM
    It works, but shrinking out the videos will not remove them. Neither will BBH Tool remove them

That's a wasted 23 MB or so of space
    08-30-11 02:27 PM
    Thanks for your quick reply! But did you have to install a version of OS7 on your PC before you could use BB Boss? or could you go right aheah and start removing files from the your phone without installing the OS on the PC?
    08-30-11 02:31 PM
    I did install OS 7. Not because I had to, I had already installed. I am not sure if it would work with the OS you had installed, if it were not the same.
    08-30-11 02:34 PM
    Thanks for your quick reply! But did you have to install a version of OS7 on your PC before you could use BB Boss? or could you go right aheah and start removing files from the your phone without installing the OS on the PC?
    Oh the first thing I did when I opened the box is wipe the 9900 with BBSAK, then install OS 353 on my pc, then used BBH Tool to shrink out the languages and unwanted stuff.

BB Boss also works but both of them will not remove the hidden built in introductory videos

Even if you manually remove the CODs of the videos, I dont know how on earth do they come back

hope the developers of these 2 shrinking apps can find a way to get rid of the videos as that will give us 23 MB more free space that is sitting there wasted.

Introductory videos....RIM...please....how many times can one watch these videos anyway?? At least they could have put them on the 8 GB memory portion of the phone rather on the previous app memory!

RIM Engineers need to be shot in the head
    FMB8900 likes this.
    08-30-11 02:37 PM
    But I MUST have some version of OS7 installed on the PC for BB Boss to work right?

Im asking because tmobile usually posted their handheld software on T-mobile.com/bbupgrade : and right now if you check, there is no Bold 9900 listed at all nevermind BB OS7 handheld software. The phone has been available to business customers since the 17th.

So even though it comes out to the rest of us tomorrow, I doubt tmobile would have updated their BBupgrade site.... So I would like to know if BB Boss would still work if I had the Stock HH software on my 9900, and I go ahead and download the latest official leak from this site, can BB Boss still work for me?

Is it possible to get BB Boss to work, even if I DO NOT install a version of OS7 on my PC?
    08-30-11 02:41 PM
    Offcourse you have to install any OS 7 to shrink then reinstall on your phone

Download the leaked 353 OS, shrink, then install
    08-30-11 02:43 PM
    Oh the first thing I did when I opened the box is wipe the 9900 with BBSAK, then install OS 353 on my pc, then used BBH Tool to shrink out the languages and unwanted stuff.

BB Boss also works but both of them will not remove the hidden built in introductory videos

Even if you manually remove the CODs of the videos, I dont know how on earth do they come back

hope the developers of these 2 shrinking apps can find a way to get rid of the videos as that will give us 23 MB more free space that is sitting there wasted.

Introductory videos....RIM...please....how many times can one watch these videos anyway?? At least they could have put them on the 8 GB memory portion of the phone rather on the previous app memory!

Oh ok I see what you did there, I'll do the same I guess, Thanks alot man, I appreciate the help

I've been waiting for this phone since Jan when pics were leaked, and now that im so close to getting it, I just want to rip the box open and play with immediately.

I hate that with every new BB I have to waste time tinkering with a bunch of OS shrinking tools to free enough memory up to make my phone useable.. UHHH!

I dunno about being shot, but they definitely need to be slapped in the face!
    08-30-11 02:48 PM
    I know lot of yo use BBH Tools now, But I hear the developer is not working BB Boss anymore, so should I just go ahead and assume that BB Boss wont work with OS7?
    08-31-11 12:11 PM
    i personally just manually go into the java folder and delete the unwanted CODs.... i found using those tools did work, but there were so many times that they cause corruptions. so i just stopped using them
    08-31-11 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD