as the title says...my phone is from tmo. everytime i charge it, it says "chargin' started" or something like that in a really loud voice. even when the phone is on silent it still does it. and when its finish charging it says something else as well i forget what it said exactly but something like "finished chargin"

this is really annoying, and scared the sh!t outta me in the middle of the night since i charge it next to my bed. can this be shut off?

thanks
    Kevin
    09-02-11 03:10 PM
    Must be a tmo thing - haven't heard of that happening at all on verizon's 9930.
    09-02-11 03:11 PM
    Hmmm....

Odd.

options>advanced options>accessibility>event sounds
    09-02-11 03:37 PM
    Hahah... That's pretty funny...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 03:57 PM
    lol! "FINISHED CHARGIN!"

HAHAHAHA I would have had to change my sheets!
    siopow likes this.
    09-02-11 03:58 PM
    i had the blackberry battery watch app or something like that and it had the same voice u were talking about if you have that app you can just click into the app then click the menu button options and scroll down and you should be able to disable the sound n ****
    kbf0402 likes this.
    09-02-11 04:06 PM
    Mine did the same thing on Verizon today in the office, it scared the SH*T out of me! I had my phone on silent as well. I told my buddy about it about 2hrs ago. I had never heard it before, but just prior I installed the Battery Watch app, so I guess that is what it is. Thanks guys. I was scared it was going to do it again!
    09-02-11 05:40 PM
    as the title says...my phone is from tmo. everytime i charge it, it says "chargin' started" or something like that in a really loud voice. even when the phone is on silent it still does it. and when its finish charging it says something else as well i forget what it said exactly but something like "finished chargin"

this is really annoying, and scared the sh!t outta me in the middle of the night since i charge it next to my bed. can this be shut off?

thanks
    Kevin
    Check your device and make sure it doesn't have any third party Battery Status or power management application. If it does, either delete the app or go into the options and disable the voice.

I know that Battery Watch (free app) has voice prompts on charge up, batterly low and battery charged.
    09-02-11 07:59 PM
    go here:

options / accessibility / event sounds = off
    09-02-11 09:15 PM
    got a replacement device yesterday, loaded up my apps, plugged in and it scared the heck out of me. can't stand gilbert.
    09-07-11 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD