Hello all,

Im a new member here.. And need some helps
    Does anyone here successfully using bold 9930 on the tmobile with all features working correctly? If yes, do you mind to share the trick on how you do it? Because so far nothing is working on my bold 9930 with tmobile network!

Thanks for the help
    09-06-11 06:03 AM
    Ummm, the 9930 is a CDMA device. T-mobile is a GSM carrier and offers the 9900. The 9930 will not work on T-Mobile.
    Where did you purchase your device? Are you absolutely sure it's not a 9900? Can you provide more details about what's not working?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by rrrebo; 09-06-11 at 06:10 AM.
    09-06-11 06:08 AM
    My device is a sprint 9930 unlock, so when i switch the phone's network to gsm mode it recieving tmobile network with lower case edge on the top right corner & thats it. I can make a call but no internet conections. Bbm, brwser, emails are not working.
    09-06-11 06:17 AM
    My device is a sprint 9930 unlock, so when i switch the phone's network to gsm mode it recieving tmobile network with lower case edge on the top right corner & thats it. I can make a call but no internet conections. Bbm, brwser, emails are not working.

I called T-Mobile and the tech support agent told me they are having a temporary issue with the e-mail setup
    09-06-11 06:18 AM
    Antzz, what country are you in?

09-06-11 06:30 AM
    United states...
    09-06-11 06:41 AM
    And you've registered the device with T-Mobile? You have a blackBerry data plan? Did you buy the device used or new?

09-06-11 06:57 AM
    make sure on ur tmobile account u have blackberry data plan...should work...
    09-06-11 07:44 AM
    make sure on ur tmobile account u have blackberry data plan...should work...
    i have blackberry plan on my tmobile account.. But still no internet connections on my 9930 bold. The device always said not enough coverage or the internet plan is not included on my network plan. Im really confuse now...

09-06-11 04:18 PM
    There are no Service Books for the 9930 on T-Mobile.
    You are going to have to try generic T-Mobile service books (search for them). Even then, you will only get EDGE and not 3G.
    It is a bit of a pain considering T-Mobile is already selling the 9900, the appropriate device for their network.
    09-06-11 04:27 PM
    I have loaded 9550 service books on my device and i am able to browse and use applications, but i cannot receive and send email.
    11-26-11 01:32 AM
    I am having the same issue.....How is this a world phone GSM/CDMA and I cant get BBM to work on it. There must be a way the Bold 9930 is a World phone....any tech people out there....I know we r not the only 1's that have this issue...any help PLEASE?????
    12-04-11 12:08 AM
    Did you try resitering the device vis tmobile bis portal?

www.t-mobile.com/bis/

Help forums:
    https://t-mobile.jive-mobile.com:443/#jive-discussion?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv1%2Fdiscussion s%2F4131
    Last edited by narci; 12-04-11 at 12:17 AM.
    12-04-11 12:15 AM
    I am having the same issue.....How is this a world phone GSM/CDMA and I cant get BBM to work on it. There must be a way the Bold 9930 is a World phone....any tech people out there....I know we r not the only 1's that have this issue...any help PLEASE?????
    It is a world phone. As such, it can be configured to work just about anywhere. Having said that, it is designed to work on GSM networks outside of North America. Full 3G service and all. But in North America, it is designed to work on CDMA networks. It can be configured to work on AT&T, TMO, Rogers, etc., but you'll have EDGE. It has something to do with the frequency bands of the GSM radio and the GSM networks in North America.

You can get Internet service. There are several threads here on CB that deal with configuring a CDMA device for use on TMO and AT&T networks. Just do a quick search. Here's one: http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...m-95xx-106023/. It is written for use with a Storm 9500, but should work with your 9930 as well. Make sure that you use METHOD 2. You will also need to have the 9930 OS installed on your PC. Get that here: http://pcdn1-download.vzw.com/win/A7...A7.0.0.374.exe . Don't use the OS links in the first thread linked above.
    Last edited by Underway99; 12-04-11 at 01:15 AM.
    12-04-11 01:13 AM
    First of all the device is supported for both CDMA and GSM networks so if a Bold 9930 Blackberry is unlocked it can be used with GSM carriers such as T-Mobile.

When a Blackberry is unlocked it still has the older carrier's service books installed in it so after you got a Blackberry data plan from your GSM carrier which you are using with your unlocked 9930 re-install the service books on the device.

You can get the update for the service books from your carrier.
    12-04-11 08:31 AM
    What why? Why not just trade it for a Tmobile version and get the full internet speed of the phone with someone here at Crackberry or something like that?
    12-04-11 11:00 AM
    Hello,

I'm having the same problem with my blackberry 9930. Its from verizon and i unlocked it and activated it with sprint but the internet is not working. what do i do?
    02-13-12 06:04 PM
    Oh boy - for those of you obviously NOT in the know - the 9930 is NOT a T-mobile compatible phone. Wrong frequency...and a T-mobile phone will NOT work on other carriers in H+ or 4G in North America, except on Videotron in Quebec.

The phones will work in all networks, just not on 4G or H+...that is exactly why T-Mobile phones are not cross compatible with other carriers and vice versa. Same goes for the 9930, which was NOT designed to operate in North America in 4G on a GSM network.

@ the OP and the others here who didn't bother to, you all should have done your homework before buying a 9930 to use on T-mobile. I did before I bought my T-Mobile phone to work on T-mobile...otherwise I'd have just unlocked my Bell 9900 and just switched SIM cards...

9930's are world phones...and work perfectly - if you use them on the networks they're designed for. They are NOT designed to operate on T-mobile, period. If they were, T-Mobile would be selling them. Last time I checked, that wasn't the case.
    02-13-12 08:20 PM
    I am successfull using my sprint 9930 on tmobile with EDGE and full data services and email. It took a while to figure it out though.
    and here is the thread i posted about how to successfully do it step by step.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ervice-715571/
    04-10-12 07:49 PM
    It seems to me that alot of people in this thread forgot to use a search button!!! Update your service books and then reboot your phone! That always worked for me when i had a 9650 with Tmobile till I got a tmobile 9780...
    04-16-12 11:37 PM
    you cannot activate a sprint phone on verizon. period.

Hello,

I'm having the same problem with my blackberry 9930. Its from verizon and i unlocked it and activated it with sprint but the internet is not working. what do i do?
    04-17-12 02:04 AM
    If it was that easy elchapin89 then this thread wouldn't exist. The 9930 is very unique in the difficulty it takes to get it fully working on the T-Mobile network, but it can be done with the right amount of tinkering.
    04-17-12 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD