Do you think that shrinking the OS would make a difference on these new devices? or would it not matter at all since there is a lot of memory?
    08-04-11 11:59 AM
    It hasn't really mattered since BBs got bumped up to 512MB. I never get anymore memory leaks or slowdowns due to lack of memory.

Of course, this is all contingent on the amount and the types of apps you have. If you have a lot of poorly coded apps installed that drain your memory, then you may find it necessary to shrink the OS. Cases like this seem rare though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-11 12:31 PM
    Performance-wise, I still shrink everything I can from my 9780. The less the processor has to deal with the better since pretty much everything is deeply integrated.

On a 1.2ghz processor thou... I am not sure what effect it will have. Might as well just free memory you'll not really use... Or allow for the sheer awesomeness of the OS to shine since it won't be handling stuff you never trully use.
    08-04-11 12:36 PM
    Hasn't been necessary since the 9650. But there's always extra crap you can remove.
    08-04-11 01:00 PM
    You can remove carrier added bloatware, but I don't think its neccessary.

08-04-11 01:08 PM
    You can remove carrier added bloatware, but I don't think its neccessary.

How much free memory do you have left for apps DawgMan? Do you see any lag due to memory?
    08-04-11 01:11 PM
    There is no lag. Shrinking is optional but not required.

Why not wait till you get the device and see how it goes. I think you will be surprised at how it runs out of the box.
    08-04-11 02:02 PM
    There is no lag. Shrinking is optional but not required.

Why not wait till you get the device and see how it goes. I think you will be surprised at how it runs out of the box.
    Thanks Greg...I can't wait to do just that.
    08-04-11 02:08 PM
    Is this the only way to remove bloatware?
    08-04-11 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD