Does 4G impact call quality on the BB Bold 9900?

I was just watching an old BB unboxing on YouTube and TechnoBuffalo said that 2G is being phased out so it might impact call quality because the towers are transitioning over to 3G. This was for the old BB Curve 8900. So does that mean if my BB Bold 9900 on T-Mobile is on EDGE/2G that the call quality wouldn't be as good as if i had my 4G turned on?

I always thought 2G/3G/4G only affected data speeds. I didn't know it impacts call quality. Can someone clarify in detail?
    09-09-11 12:47 AM
    The primary factor is reception. Whichever network that grants you better reception will have better call quality. However, using HSPA will allow you to use data while you're on the phone, whereas EDGE will restrict all incoming data.
    09-09-11 01:15 AM
    GSM phones are not using 2G or 3G or 4G to make calls, they use the GSM network, if you cancel your data plan your signal will show just GSM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 01:33 AM
    The primary factor is reception. Whichever network that grants you better reception will have better call quality. However, using HSPA will allow you to use data while you're on the phone, whereas EDGE will restrict all incoming data.
    Basic 3G allows simultaneous calls and data too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 01:34 AM
    ok, thanks.
    09-09-11 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD