Just purchased my 9900 last night. kinda upset that I can't redownload some of the apps that I had on my 9700, but thats fine....a few questions though.....why is it that when you delete service books they pop up again when you restart your phone? I know this happens on the other phones as well, but I was just curious....secondly, I want to gain more memory and went into DOCS and to my surprise found 100's if not, 1000's of files that I would like to delete...sla.pdf/warranty.pdf....etc.......does that take up memory? and if so, whats the fastest way to delete? cant hold down the alt button and scroll down to delete all, and doing it one at a time will take me hours, if not days!! any suggestions????
    12-02-11 08:22 AM
    The service books come back because your provider pushes them. Most likely what you are referring to is just the icons. Secondly i had to delete the files one by one. I found no other way around it and was to lazy to plug it in to see if it was in the file directory to do a mass delete. You could check that out.
    12-02-11 08:48 AM
    do those files take up memory/ will they come back when I reboot like the service books? how can I stop those other service books from being "pushed " back? do I call my provider?
    12-02-11 01:33 PM
    have you had any problems with your 9900 that are worth noting?
    12-02-11 01:34 PM
    how can I stop those other service books from being "pushed " back? do I call my provider?
    You can't. Just create a folder, move all the unwanted icons into it and then hide it.
    12-02-11 01:42 PM
    Just purchased my 9900 last night. kinda upset that I can't redownload some of the apps that I had on my 9700, but thats fine....a few questions though.....why is it that when you delete service books they pop up again when you restart your phone? I know this happens on the other phones as well, but I was just curious....secondly, I want to gain more memory and went into DOCS and to my surprise found 100's if not, 1000's of files that I would like to delete...sla.pdf/warranty.pdf....etc.......does that take up memory? and if so, whats the fastest way to delete? cant hold down the alt button and scroll down to delete all, and doing it one at a time will take me hours, if not days!! any suggestions????
    Yes. I deleted all my language pdf files using the Desktop Manager.

Open the files on the device through DM, select all folders and delete. Its that easy.
    12-02-11 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD