Im seeing telus announcing it and AT&T and such. I was wondering if you think rogers will announce it tonight and maybe the release date?
    08-03-11 11:35 AM
    According to the rumours and leaked documents, Rogers will be the first to launch the 9900, on August 9th. So I am assuming that there will be an official announcement soon.
    08-03-11 11:48 AM
    I can see them giving out a release date tonight. Rogers should be on the forefront regarding Carriers so if they do decide to give out that information, I'm going to assume Rogers will be included.
    08-03-11 11:49 AM
    Hopefully Rogers is gonna be sneaky and distribute the devices and then announce a launch date the day before with a launch party in 2 or 3 major centres to get the Jump on the competition, would be fun if they went all sneaky like that
    08-03-11 11:50 AM
    Hopefully Rogers is gonna be sneaky and distribute the devices and then announce a launch date the day before with a launch party in 2 or 3 major centres to get the Jump on the competition, would be fun if they went all sneaky like that
    Not fun for RIM though. They need some media coverage and hype up before the release date. Or else the day of there are going to be floods of news tabloids about how RIMs new phones are a big fail, which will then turn off some other consumers who are waiting to see the initial response of the phones, which will then spur more negative media, etc etc.

RIM should have commercials on TV no later than this week. At least, that's what I would do.
    08-03-11 11:55 AM
    All signs point to YES

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    barrist likes this.
    08-03-11 12:17 PM
    Not fun for RIM though. They need some media coverage and hype up before the release date. Or else the day of there are going to be floods of news tabloids about how RIMs new phones are a big fail, which will then turn off some other consumers who are waiting to see the initial response of the phones, which will then spur more negative media, etc etc.

RIM should have commercials on TV no later than this week. At least, that's what I would do.

a Coup by a major Carrier would bring extensive media coverage, with 3 Carriers and all the major retailers having access to these devices for launch day you wont see lines ups, you wont see sell outs, maybe 1 or 2, but the Stores who are in "BlackBerry country" already know they are because of PlayBook numbers, those who sold out of PlayBooks WILL bring in the extra inventory of these devices.

The Carriers will need to put out extensive advertising yes, but even that wont stop the media from calling it a fail, if you look at the posters here, many are educated and yet if the device doesn't run QNX it is a fail, if RIM doesn't have a giant app library it is a fail, if it doesn't have FFC it is a fail, the Media will continue to be down on RIM this year. it will be IT departments, and Businesses who buy these devices and stop their flirting with other brands, that will show confidence, it will be the global sales numbers that will show relevancy and hopefully foster App developers to build apps.

Media Buzz is NOT something RIM can count on, they are not the sweet heart.
    08-03-11 12:33 PM
    No.

10char
    08-03-11 12:36 PM
    All signs point to YES

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you've heard some new info?
    08-03-11 01:14 PM
    its been half annouced on rogers redboard on twitter

New #BlackBerrys are coming! BlackBerry Bold 9900, Torch 9860 & Torch 9810 joining Rogers lineup this summer! More details tmrw on RedBoard
    link Twitter
    08-03-11 01:23 PM
    called some reps today randomly.. none had any idea of 9900 but one said the Torch 9810 is supposed to be at the end of August.
    08-03-11 01:25 PM
    a Coup by a major Carrier would bring extensive media coverage, with 3 Carriers and all the major retailers having access to these devices for launch day you wont see lines ups, you wont see sell outs, maybe 1 or 2, but the Stores who are in "BlackBerry country" already know they are because of PlayBook numbers, those who sold out of PlayBooks WILL bring in the extra inventory of these devices.

The Carriers will need to put out extensive advertising yes, but even that wont stop the media from calling it a fail, if you look at the posters here, many are educated and yet if the device doesn't run QNX it is a fail, if RIM doesn't have a giant app library it is a fail, if it doesn't have FFC it is a fail, the Media will continue to be down on RIM this year. it will be IT departments, and Businesses who buy these devices and stop their flirting with other brands, that will show confidence, it will be the global sales numbers that will show relevancy and hopefully foster App developers to build apps.

Media Buzz is NOT something RIM can count on, they are not the sweet heart.
    Yes but the majority of consumers do not even know what QNX is. They don't know that these new phones are just a quick fix while RIM transitions to the new OS. What they do know, by experience, is that BBs have traditionally been slow and underpowered, with terrible hardware and the worst Browser of any mobile device. A low-coverage release of a new BB will do nothing in most consumers eyes, they will pass it off as "just another Blackberry".

They should have commercials showing off just how fast the Blackberry is with the upgraded hardware. Show off that Augmented Reality thing where you can see your BBM friends around you. Heck, if its allowed without being sued, they should show the BB next to an iPhone 4 and have both phones simultaneously doing a task (say if someone wanted to find something online, maybe looking up an article or even just a google search or wikipedia page) and show how much faster and smoother the BB Browser has gotten. These are the things that will impress consumers and change their minds about Blackberry. Throw out some bold specs like "253 dpi, more pixels per inch than the Samsung Galaxy S 2" and have commercials that show exactly how the Blackberry data compression affects data usage. I have told many people about how the data compression works and not one person already knew.

Anyways, thats the end of my rant. Feel free to use my commercials RIM, or at least put some out that will impress people.
    08-03-11 01:30 PM
    its been half annouced on rogers redboard on twitter

link Twitter
    awe man! now we have to wait till tomorrow oh well i guess since its said to be released first on rogers its worth the wait!
    08-03-11 01:41 PM
    And now bell Announces it..... common rogers live up to august 9th!
    08-03-11 04:38 PM
    if telus has it available on the 15th, i would bet money that rogers has it available on the 9th or maybe even earlier
    Double_J75 likes this.
    08-03-11 04:57 PM
    you've heard some new info?
    Barrist, this link gives insight from some "insider" who knows legit info.
    Just read the posts too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ricing-635030/
    08-03-11 05:38 PM
    08-03-11 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD