i'm just curious how many people keep their 9900 or blackberry in general naked. I'm a clean freak so I love my case on at all times and i'm constantly wiping mine trying to keep it clean lol. but ever now and then, i would rock it without the case on...only around the house cuz it's carpeted and all that lol. But please, I'd like to know. And also, do you have a screen protector on yours?
    Nothing, nada, niente, nichts, rien !
    I like it in its birthday suit, I love its slippery materials, the chrome on the edges ...
    It's so thin, so well balanced, seriously but light weighted ...
    And a screen protector ... to collect grunge on the edges ... my God it's a scandale !

Definitely naked... in its pouch !
    02-19-12 01:57 PM
    I have a silicone case on my 9900 with a screen protector at the moment but Im thinking about an otterbox commuter case. The problem I have is its hard to get the phone out my pocket with a silicone case on it.

Does anyone have the otterbox commuter case on there 9900?? Is it any good??
    02-19-12 03:51 PM
    I have the blackberry OEM soft shell and I swear you don't even realize that its on the phone. It just feels like its naturally apart of the phone!
    02-19-12 04:13 PM
    Tried putting tissue between the plate and the case to avoid that from happening? Clear tape also? Let me guess, is the paint or glass on the screen area scratched from it?
    No, not the glass, just the bottom plastic piece.
    02-19-12 04:15 PM
    otterbox has addressed this issue and added thin strips of foam inside the case by the camera/flash and by the chinpiece..my phone gets abused in the defender case daily and it's in mint condition
    So, if I call their customer service, will I be able to get those new one? They already sent me a new silicon cover for issues with my previous one. I feel bad for calling them back now. But then again, I paid close to $50 Canadian.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 02-19-12 at 04:18 PM.
    02-19-12 04:16 PM
    I would love to, but my OCD would prevent it. I keep my phones in immaculate shape, and i drop mine too much to not keep a case on it. my previous tour after 2.5 years still looks like it came out the box. no scratches anywhere even on the screen.
    02-19-12 04:45 PM
    I keep my Torch 9850 and my PlayBook naked, although I do use the leather OEM holster and the included neoprene sleeve for my PB when not using. I do have a few light scratches on both when I wipe them with a cloth. Normally I don't see those, but I wish they weren't there.

My wife has the ugliest Otterbox case on her iPhone 4, but it works for her (especially with that stupid glass back).
    02-19-12 07:28 PM
    Otterbox Commuter and Zagg InvisibleShield.
    02-19-12 07:35 PM
    Definitly naked... The bold 9900 is so nice, I wouldn't want to ruin that with a case... However, I can already notice some small chips on the stainless. This is why I bought a new pocket, which is also really nice I find...
    02-19-12 07:52 PM
    Completely naked for me.
    My 9900 goes commando. No screen protector, no hard shell. Only use the factory holster.
    The screen glass appears to be pretty durable. I bought mine on release day, and the screen is still flawless.
    02-19-12 08:12 PM
    I keep a lot of things naked.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-19-12 08:13 PM
    I keep mine without the case. But I have a case handy when I'm going to use it at the gym in case I drop it. Its an amazing phone.
    02-19-12 08:55 PM
    I have all three of my devices in otterboxes. They've paid for themselves over the years.
    02-19-12 09:04 PM
    Screen protector is a must for me but for this phone I prefered to keep it naked and I did for awhile until I saw my friends oem black hard case and the condition of my battery door. So now I'm cased up
    02-19-12 09:17 PM
    Naked for me. Kind of a first though. I usually have cases and Zagg screen protectors. Showing signs of wear though. Love the 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-19-12 09:31 PM
    Naked here. but i tend to keep my in its RIM leather sleeve when i can
    02-19-12 09:37 PM
    i am a case fiend, change mine every week or so. have about 6 so far. But every time i feel like a naked device, i drop it and score it.

a screen protector is a must
    02-19-12 09:43 PM
    No way. I bought an Otterbox for my 9630 and my Playbook before I ever received either device. My Playbook is gone but I still have my Otterbox to remind me of it. Yay!
    02-19-12 09:54 PM
    i'm just curious how many people keep their 9900 or blackberry in general naked. I'm a clean freak so I love my case on at all times and i'm constantly wiping mine trying to keep it clean lol. but ever now and then, i would rock it without the case on...only around the house cuz it's carpeted and all that lol. But please, I'd like to know. And also, do you have a screen protector on yours?
    I'm a little OCD when it comes to my phone so I keep it in a skin most times. I have a 9860 and that thing is hard to hold (very slippery) - Maybe from my constant cleaning. With my TPU gel case it gives it a nice little grip. I use a screen protector as well which I hate but i'm not willing to take the chance.
    02-19-12 10:04 PM
    So, if I call their customer service, will I be able to get those new one? They already sent me a new silicon cover for issues with my previous one. I feel bad for calling them back now. But then again, I paid close to $50 Canadian.
    i would imagine you can..the holster is a lil different too..the magnet is almost flush..with delivery i paid $77.50! but i work in hazardous material removal/demolition, so i needed the toughest case i know of and have always had excellent luck with otterbox..i have one on my pb as well, and the thing could come in handy in case a spontaneous curling match breaks out and i'm short a stone..hey, i'm in canada..could happen..
    02-19-12 10:07 PM
    i would imagine you can..the holster is a lil different too..the magnet is almost flush..with delivery i paid $77.50! but i work in hazardous material removal/demolition, so i needed the toughest case i know of and have always had excellent luck with otterbox..i have one on my pb as well, and the thing could come in handy in case a spontaneous curling match breaks out and i'm short a stone..hey, i'm in canada..could happen..
    I am in Canada too and in physics, geology and chemistry labs I play with heavy rocks. I will give them a call.
    02-19-12 10:10 PM
    My phone is naked with the leather BB pouch

The playbook is naked with the leather sleeve

One unexpected nice feature with the leather pouch for the phone is when the two BB logos are close or touching the screen turns-off…also when I pull the phone out of the pouch it turns on automatically...no need to use lock key
    Last edited by anthogag; 02-20-12 at 12:53 PM.
    02-19-12 10:27 PM
    I keep my 9780 in a case because its white and if I didnt it would be black in a week. But it feels so nice without the case :P
    02-19-12 10:45 PM
    All im saying is wagch what kind of hard case you're using. I had the case mate barely there case on my torch 9800 and the case itself heavily scratched up my device
    02-19-12 10:51 PM
    Just a screen protector. I have always purchased cases, but never gotten used to them. The closest I have got to using a case, is the pocket pouch, but that too is very difficult to use single handedly. In the end, I end up using it naked, keeping it in my shirt or trouser pocket.
    02-20-12 12:48 AM
102 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD