Is there a way to send all calls directly to my voicemail, just as I did in BB 9700? I purchased new Bold 9900 today and I do not see the proper option under Profiles. This is really a deal breaker for me ...
    01-26-12 06:55 PM
    I just push "Q" on the keyboard and it goes to vibrate, calls go to VM after a bit. That or turn it off, white button all the way to the right.

Good luck.
    01-26-12 07:07 PM
    In other words, this is a workaround - this important feature has been simply removed? I want calls routed to VM immediately, when I turn it off I cannot see who called. Regression. Also, I used to type the number and the phone would show contacts that matched that number, now this takes me nowhere, I have to type the name (or part of it) under which the contact has been saved. My wife's iPhone does it exactly as my old BB did, type the number and see the name. Not any more.

************* >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I can answer my own question now but I wish I knew that sooner. It looks like DND was removed a while back in v 5.0, my old 9700 Bold was never updated so I was a happy camper. Now this phone doesn't feel like an upgrade any more, important features are missing in this regressive OS 7.0. I am tempted to take it back but I still need the message notification light and physical keyboard of BB.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...-5-0-a-375722/
    Last edited by GridGI; 01-26-12 at 08:14 PM.
    01-26-12 07:59 PM
    In other words, this is a workaround - this important feature has been simply removed? I want calls routed to VM immediately, when I turn it off I cannot see who called. Regression. Also, I used to type the number and the phone would show contacts that matched that number, now this takes me nowhere, I have to type the name (or part of it) under which the contact has been saved. My wife's iPhone does it exactly as my old BB did, type the number and see the name. Not any more.

************* >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I can answer my own question now but I wish I knew that sooner. It looks like DND was removed a while back in v 5.0, my old 9700 Bold was never updated so I was a happy camper. Now this phone doesn't feel like an upgrade any more, important features are missing in this regressive OS 7.0. I am tempted to take it back but I still need the message notification light and physical keyboard of BB.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...-5-0-a-375722/
    Yes the feature was simply removed, pmtfo too
    01-26-12 09:01 PM
    I bought this app called BuzzOff : http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...t/2654?lang=en. It allows me to turn DND on for up tp 8hrs which is fine for the most part other than the fact that I have to remember to turn it back on the next day.
    01-26-12 09:18 PM
    No idea how this works, I call Verizon and have them block my crazy ex-girlfriend's numbers, but maybe something to look in to, sounds like it will do what you're wanting better than BuzzOff.

http://crackberry.com/no-i%E2%80%99m...all-filter-pro
    01-26-12 09:58 PM
    No, I looked at this as well. Here's the idea, imagine you have a number of customers that email and call in support tickets daily, you check your call log and VM and respond based on priority, like a support desk. All calls are routed to voice mail not just select few like the app you suggest. This is a business device and that's how I use it, RIM seems to forget it.
    01-26-12 10:13 PM
    Are these customers in your Contacts?

If no, then that app will do what you want. (it will block calls that aren't in your contact list)
    If yes, then put them in their own category, and block that category.
    If yes and no, then do a combination

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're wanting, but from what you've said that app I linked to sounds better, no mention of only doing for 8 hours at a time.
    01-26-12 10:27 PM
    There's probably an App that could help you...
    01-26-12 10:35 PM
  10. T
    I'm sorry to report that DND has been removed since OS 5. My Curve 8330m on 4.5 had it, my Bold 9650 running BlackBerry 6 doesn't. No workaround is the same as DND. On Sprint I'm unable to forward all calls to voicemail using the call forwarding feature.
    01-26-12 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD