I've purchased BB Bold phones with contracts in the UK for years. This time I purchase a new BB Bold 9900 from UK eBay. Can anyone please tell me if the tiny gold exposed pins where the SIM card is inserted is standard for this model please? They are so thin and almost snapped 1 when taking the sim (very carefully pushing down) out. There are 4 gold pins in total. Does anyone know if this is the correct type of SIM card slot for this model in the UK and if so, is there a way of protecting the pins as I need to remove the SIM card for a separate device quite often. I've never had a BB Bold that hasn't had a solid slot to insert your SIM card before. The phone now can't connect with my sim and shows 'insert SIM card - SOS'. Please help. I need my BB urgently for work as I can't work properly on other phone types. Your help would be very much appreciated. Many many thanks, Laura
    01-18-16 07:17 PM
    I have a North America-purchased 9900, and my SIM card slot looks the same as you are describing, pins and all. I'm not sure what you mean by 'pushing down' while taking the SIM out. I push it from the end with the plastic holder on top (i.e. the end where the full rectangular, back end of the SIM card goes,) but I push parallel to the holder so that the SIM slides out the same way it was put in. It's probably best to use a fine-tip instrument or even a straightened paper clip so that you can get the tool as parallel to the surface as you can, and push the card out as far as you can.

Since you mentioned buying from eBay, did you inspect the pins before you put your SIM card in? In other words, are you sure the seller sold you an undamaged phone?
    I have a North America-purchased 9900, and my SIM card slot looks the same as you are describing, pins and all. I'm not sure what you mean by 'pushing down' while taking the SIM out. I push it from the end with the plastic holder on top (i.e. the end where the full rectangular, back end of the SIM card goes,) but I push parallel to the holder so that the SIM slides out the same way it was put in. It's probably best to use a fine-tip instrument or even a straightened paper clip so that you can get the tool as parallel to the surface as you can, and push the card out as far as you can.

Since you mentioned buying from eBay, did you inspect the pins before you put your SIM card in? In other words, are you sure the seller sold you an undamaged phone?
    Ecm likes this.
    01-18-16 07:51 PM