its been a couple days of me trying and trying to load the new 7.1 update to my verizon 9930. dm just gets stuck and the thing is, is that its almost random what it gets stuck on! first it started with sms....deleted them then it was smart card options and then something else after that. ive searched around everywhere to try and find a fix but no luck. this is sooooooooooo frustrating!!

sorry for the rant but no one should go through this to back up or update their phone!

any help would be greatly appreciated
    12-19-11 03:05 AM
    Well is the 7.1 has it been released for verzion yet or are you using another carriers one? If using another carriers that may be your problem if verzion has released it the way I updated mine (I'm with sprint) was to just go on my actual device and go to software update and it was sitting there all you gotta do then is click update and takes about 2 hours to fully install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-11 03:24 AM
    Aslong as the device is cdma and the vendor file is deleted it should work just fine. Anywho I figured out a work around. I just did the back up process seperate from the update process. For some reason backing it up with update wouldn't work. All is well now as I'm updated. Thx for the response
    12-19-11 05:02 AM
    here's what i have did...

* disconnect internet connection for good reasons...
    * backup my bb
    * wipe my bb
    * install needed bb os in pc
    * delete all vendor.xml files
    * disable antivirus (sometimes it creates problem too)
    * manually run apploader.exe (make sure battery is of good strength at time of installation and take sim card out of device)
    * if installation fails.. run apploader.exe again..
    * once installation is done, delete any extra language files if installed due to mistake, then wipe device.
    * insert sim and send service books
    * restore my data
    * enable antivirus
    * enable internet.
    blackguy07 likes this.
    12-19-11 05:15 AM
    I have a similar question. How do I force DM to find a software update? Software update is available on my device, but DM doesn't see it. Is there a way to force it minus a local download/install from the VZ website?

12-19-11 07:13 AM
    Well is the 7.1 has it been released for verzion yet or are you using another carriers one? If using another carriers that may be your problem ....
    No that's not the problem. The carrier makes zero difference.

There's no need to wipe the device first. Apploader will take care of that during the update.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-19-11 at 07:29 AM.
    12-19-11 07:25 AM
    Well it does make a difference because there is vendor files on your device per what carrier you are with but anyways glad blackguy07 that you got the update to work.

blackguy07 likes this.
    12-19-11 08:34 AM
    Well it does make a difference because there is vendor files on your device per what carrier you are with but anyways glad blackguy07 that you got the update to work.

No, it makes zero difference.

Step 1: install OS to PC
    Step 2: delete vendor.xml files

If the OP hadn't deleted the vendor.xml files DM wouldn't have started loading the OS in the first place. And it doesn't take 2 hours to fully install. It takes less than 30 minutes.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-19-11 at 08:57 AM.
    12-19-11 08:43 AM
    Man I love this forum! Thanks guys for the speedy responses but I was finally able to update my bold.
    12-19-11 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD