just loaded up the 7.1 leak on my 9900. Media sharing works great for pics and songs, however for video it always says 'content not supported'...now, why is that?

and after I try and play my videos, with no luck, i try to go back to my photos and it says in the top right hand corner of the tv that there was a media sharing error. Makes no sense at all.

I doing this via a PS3, the same way Bla1ze was doing it on his tutorial video yesterday

any helps peeps?
    02-17-12 02:49 PM
    sorry, it says 'unsupported data' for all my videos and none of them work.
    02-17-12 02:53 PM
    I tried on my 9810 and works with a Sony blueray player, just match the media type, movies/ videos, audio/ music/ voice notes/ etc, pictures/ photos, etc. I notice mp3 are ok, but ac3 are not ok for audio. movies transfered to my phone are ok mp4, but I believe recorded ones on the phone are not for now. Photos looks great.
    Last edited by jhirizarry; 02-17-12 at 03:24 PM.
    02-17-12 03:10 PM
    ok that's what i'm talking about. Video's that I've taken, they can't play through the wifi streaming then?

Also, had a movie on my phone, tried to play it and the screen just stayed blank when I tried to send it through the tv via my ps3
    02-17-12 03:36 PM
    Videos will only play by what the client supports (client being ps3 in this example). No transcoding is done, the BB is just pushing the video via DLNA to the client. If the client doesn't support the codecs it won't play. If you take a client like XBMC it will pretty much play anything you can throw at it.
    02-17-12 04:05 PM
    so what your saying is that a ps3 wont support mp4's then?
    02-17-12 04:18 PM
    When you take a media file, you have to look at several things. First of all, the file type like .mp3, .avi, .mkvm .mp4, etc, etc.

Second the coding system used to store the digital information such as video codec for videos. Just because of a video is in .avi format, doesn't meat PS3 will be able to play it. The file with combination of both the right file type and the codec will play and others will be rejected. For computer running Windows can install codec programs while Sony also update their software to support codecs and file types.
    02-17-12 04:27 PM
    You can use a program like DVD Catalyst and convert your movie files or DVDs to PS3-friendly MP4s.
    02-17-12 10:38 PM
    can someone walk me through, how i go about setting this up via media player 12 on windows 7 , if it can be done?
    02-18-12 01:53 AM
    have tried with two different 7000 samsung tvs and no media is supported. pictures, music, videos, all didnt work.
    02-18-12 03:33 AM
    ok,I thought I was the only one lol.Now if they manage to pull that off it would be amazing
    02-18-12 09:48 AM
    02-18-12 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD