Hey,

like some of you I changed my first Mexico4 Bold 9900 an got a Hungary one instead. One of the first things I noticed was the blue shine of the screen. Actually I don't care about this but when I read a post on the German blackberrybase.net board by exact the the topic I started wondering about mine. So I capture a pitcure of my Bold 9900 right to my girlfriends old 8900 and what should I say...

Maybe someone can do a photo as well. Would be intersting.
    09-21-11 02:17 PM
    One of the three 9900's that I went though before finding one with no defects had a screen just like that. I hated it. No matter how bright you turn the screen up, it doesn't change much & it makes everything look dark on the screen, even the pictures you take look differently than how they normally would on a 9900 with a regular screen temp.
    09-21-11 05:51 PM
    I just had to swap out my 9930 as my first one randomly "died" on me. I'm noticing that the screen seems a bit "off" compared to my previous phone.

It just seems as if the screen isn't as vibrant as it should be......

Others having the same issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-11 06:41 PM
    My screen is too bright most of the time, so i have the brightness set to 10
    09-21-11 06:48 PM
    so much for the whole made in hungary = non-defective devices
    09-21-11 07:45 PM
    If you look at the parts suppliers, you will find that the same devices often get varying model numbbers in their screens. This can get to be a pain if you ever need to replace one later down the road. I've seen white, bluish, greenish, and yellowed screens on the same models before. It's definitely an imperfect world, but I wouldn't care to deal with the one on the right.
    09-21-11 10:57 PM
    I've lined up handfuls of 9900s and the inconsistency in screen temp is unbelievable. Its as if there is zero QC on the screens.

09-22-11 01:50 AM
    wao I did see an screen with that problem but instead of blue yellow wao thanks to god mine have propper screen but rim seriously should care about this lot of hardware problems with this 9900 thanks to god also mines only battery
    09-22-11 02:33 AM
    I'm now on my 3rd 9930 in two weeks, first one died, second one had the same screen issues as shown above. It only took me a day to realize something didn't seem right. Sure enough I strolled into a local Sprint store to show the clerks the clear difference in display quality compared to the dummy model on the floor.

They were all shocked and hence why I have a 3rd one that this time I made 100% sure the screen is vibrant and good to go!!!!

I bought my phone ourtight but I'd do the same thing if I paid $200 updgrade price as well.

Too much of a blackberry fan to let this ruin my love!

09-22-11 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD