I bought my 9900 not because I thought it would be upgradable to BB10 or because I was supporting BlackBerry, but because the device worked good WITH ME. If I had wanted an Iphone while I waited for BB10 that's what I would have purchased, not a OS 7 device. I love my bold the way it is, and that's all that matters.
    02-17-13 03:06 PM
    I'm hesitant to use the "t" word in general, but given that this thread got started by a one-post wonder and complains about something that BB always VERY clearly pointed out themselves, I don't find this terribly credible.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    02-17-13 03:28 PM
    um yeahhhh. I knew my 9930 would never have BB10 before I ever bought the thing. If you bought the device expecting that to change, that's your own fault. Research what you buy. It doesn't lead to as much buyer's remorse.
    02-17-13 07:27 PM
    I totally agree with what you have written. I am very disappointed with Blackberry. Its like loyal customers have been thrown aside. If they had rolled out upgrades to 9900 users we could have promoted the Blackberry 10 on social network sites such as twitter or facebook. I have a Blackberry phone but this is how I feel about the company I wont even mention PlayBook because it seems like no upgrade for this device either
    03-01-13 08:33 AM
    I don't understand why people take the time to complain about this. We truly loyal BB users KNEW that the 99--series would NOT be getting BB10. Blackberry even made an announcement about it. It's a legacy OS. Blackberry said that they would NOT stop supporting the legacy devices for at least several years, and OS updates are continuing to roll out, though perhaps not as frequent as before because that most likely means that most, if not all, of the bugs for 7.1 have been fixed. But they are STILL BEING ROLLED OUT for OS 7.1. The Bold 99-- series, for being a legacy device, is going out with a bang. The previous hierarchy at Blackberry rolled out the stops for this Bold and for the OS7. A last, sweet hoorah device-wise. But we are NOT forgotten even though it seems like all we read about on Crackberry is BB10 news.

I question whether some of you are really "loyal BB users."
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    03-01-13 10:20 AM
    I totally agree with what you have written. I am very disappointed with Blackberry. Its like loyal customers have been thrown aside. If they had rolled out upgrades to 9900 users we could have promoted the Blackberry 10 on social network sites such as twitter or facebook. I have a Blackberry phone but this is how I feel about the company I wont even mention PlayBook because it seems like no upgrade for this device either
    Listen newbie, I know your new here so I don't expect you to know much, but you really should do some research before making a post like that. First off, current BB7 smartphones hardware is not capable of running the BB10 OS, it's just not possible. Secondly, it has been said many times that all existing PB users WILL be getting the update to BB10, but it's not their priority right now. They need to work on the launch of the Z10 (and soon Q10) before they should put a lot of energy towards a side project like that...

Anyways welcome to CB!
    03-01-13 11:04 PM
    I bought my blackberry knowing that it couldn't do many (really, MANY) of the things an iPhone can do. The iPhone is relatively, a superior phone than my Bold 9700. The thing is that at the end of the day my BlackBerry still helps me do the tasks I could do on an iPhone much quicker (except browsing, of course) and that's to me far important. The way a BlackBerry handles notifications without the need for another app to enhance it is still better on a BlackBerry with os5 than an iPhone with os6.

Also, I don't have much use for apps since I have the popular ones already like Twitter, Facebook and Foursquare and even if they're not as good as iOS apps, they still get the job done for me and other features aren't really important.

I have no use for Instagram (actually, I deleted my account), I don't like to play games mostly because I don't have free time and I'd rather spend that time with my friends and I don't listen music in my devices because I enjoy a battery that lasts long.

I have a heavy use for my BlackBerry and it hasn't let me down and I don't regret choosing it over another phone. I'm still using OS6 and I really don't see much difference between this and an os7 device. I also can't wait to get the Q10 once it arrives in my country.
    03-02-13 11:09 AM
    im curious as to when BB originally announced that BB7 devices would be upgradeable to BB10
    03-05-13 09:46 PM
    It's disingenuous for you to be playing the "trust card". When you bought your OS 7 device, it was common knowledge what it was capable of. I can't say I've ever heard of someone being disappointed for purchasing a device that didn't so something that it was never intended to do in the first place. BlackBerry never gave any indication that devices running OS 7 would or could be ever upgraded to OS 10, so you should not have had any expectation that would ever happen, even it it was feasible, which it is not. The reality is that IF they ported OS 10 to OS 7 devices, you would not be happy with the result, because OS 7 devices don't have enough computing power and they were never designed to support OS 10, which has a completely different architecture and a different loader. Not to mention that OS 10 does not support buttons. This was the case with the original Bold that came with OS 5. BlackBerry offered an upgrade to OS 6. Some people upgraded them to OS 6 and they were not happy so I left mine at OS 5. It's also the case with many android phones. I know someone who had a Nexus S (recently replaced with a Nexus 4). When he installed the upgrade for ICS, the phone was sluggish, because it didn't have enough computing power. It's the same with the old iphones. If BlackBarry wasted their resources to port OS 10 to legacy devices, no one would be happy with the result. You need to get over this. It will never happen. There is no way it even could happen. You were seriously mistaken if you purchased an OS 7 device in the expectation that BlackBerry would be offering an upgrade to OS 10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-05-13 10:28 PM
    I happen to love OS7! I think it's user friendly and sleek at the same time. I have been a berry user since the 7290. I have loved every OS ( accept the torch) and still think 7 is the best.
    03-06-13 08:05 PM
    Love os7.1 its not going anywhere any time soon.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    03-06-13 08:08 PM
    im curious as to when BB originally announced that BB7 devices would be upgradeable to BB10
    That's the point. BlackBerry NEVER claimed that BBOS devices would be upgradable. They did originally intend that BB10 devices would be able to run BBOS apps, though. That didn't work out so well.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 08:30 PM
    From what I have read, it is not a cost related issue, or otherwise. It is simply the fact that older devices, such as the 9900 simply cannot run BB10
    03-07-13 02:41 AM
38 12