Between a rock and a hard place. Just like with the playbook. RIM needs to release this now bla bla bla. RIM releases it and then it's not ready starts, cry cry cry.

Same thing will happen if they release the bold too soon. Everyone will be happy until they find the problems then the crying will start all over again.

Hope they can get something right for once but it is a difficult situation for them.
    It's not about releasing an unfinished phone too early. It's about RIM getting their act together and releasing good, polished products when consumers want them...not when they border on being outdated.

This constant argument about not rushing RIM so they can get the product right at release is nonsense. Timely releases and good products should not be mutually exclusive concepts.
    05-27-11 08:24 AM
    It's not about releasing an unfinished phone too early. It's about RIM getting their act together and releasing good, polished products when consumers want them...not when they border on being outdated.

This constant argument about not rushing RIM so they can get the product right at release is nonsense. Timely releases and good products should not be mutually exclusive concepts.
    I guess RIM is incapable of doing this then. I wonder if android devices are given a pass then because from what I read honycomb or whatever it is isn't complete yet either along with a lot of the tabs.
    05-27-11 08:42 AM
    So i guess if i have an opinion that just ask the question of why announce a device and then put it on your web site as "coming soon" and then hear rumors of it not being available until mid-August, and ask a pretty common sense question of why wouldn't RIM have planned a little better getting the Bold 9900/9930 to market shortly after the BBW announcement? I get pounced on and heaven forbid I say somthing "bad" or negative about BlackBerry. I have a BlackBerry, I LOVE my BlackBerry, and have brought my fiance over to owning a BlackBerry (Style 9670) and she LOVES it too I always praise what a great qwerty keyboard and user friendly BlackBerry is to family and friends, but IMO RIM rumored to not releasing the Bold 9900/9930 until mid-August does irritate me and makes me a little p*ssed, as it does to many on this website. Like it or not, when I want to vent, I will, and i'll do it within' the guidelines of conduct on this forum, but if you feel like demeaning me or just wanting to put me down, then just ignore what I say.
    ecjn30 likes this.
    05-27-11 09:21 AM
    So i guess if i have an opinion, then just ignore what I say.
    Will do... thanks for the tip!
    05-27-11 09:34 AM
    So i guess if i have an opinion that just ask the question of why announce a device and then put it on your web site as "coming soon" and then hear rumors of it not being available until mid-August, and ask a pretty common sense question of why wouldn't RIM have planned a little better getting the Bold 9900/9930 to market shortly after the BBW announcement? I get pounced on and heaven forbid I say somthing "bad" or negative about BlackBerry. I have a BlackBerry, I LOVE my BlackBerry, and have brought my fiance over to owning a BlackBerry (Style 9670) and she LOVES it too I always praise what a great qwerty keyboard and user friendly BlackBerry is to family and friends, but IMO RIM rumored to not releasing the Bold 9900/9930 until mid-August does irritate me and makes me a little p*ssed, as it does to many on this website. Like it or not, when I want to vent, I will, and i'll do it within' the guidelines of conduct on this forum, but if you feel like demeaning me or just wanting to put me down, then just ignore what I say.
    ecjn30 likes this.
    05-27-11 09:37 AM
    I honestly have no interest in QNX at this time. I absolutely LOVE OS6 and the look (and I'm sure the functionality) of the future OS7. I don't want to learn another OS. I adore the default BB OS as it is. I'm sure QNX will be great for those who want it, but I prefer my traditional BB. I'm not in a rush and even if QNX comes out, unless it's sporting something uber-stellar, I'll stick with my OS7 device.
    05-27-11 10:14 AM
    I'll stick with my OS7 device.
    You have an OS7 device?
    05-27-11 10:25 AM
    You have an OS7 device?
    I meant when I get one this summer.
    05-27-11 10:27 AM
    I meant when I get one this summer.
    Yea, its gonna be a long wait for me.

I just cant believe I'm leaving android to come back to blackberry. My coworkers think Im nuts, and a smartphone junkie to boot.
    05-27-11 10:31 AM
    Everyone is talking about QNX and how great it will be, yet they just leaked or released OS7. (Too hard to keep up and does it really matter) At the current rate of BB advancement it may be 2014 before we actually see QNX in a handheld device. By the time QNX hits the street, where will Droid and Apple be?

Can people just relax a second. The summer is upon us and things are supposed to happen this summer. This my be more relevant post in October.
    05-27-11 01:13 PM
    I can wait. No, I can't wait for the 9900 :-).
    2 great lines from recent publications.

[RIM, shut up and deliver!]

&

[You can't over-promise and under-deliver too many times].

Well, RIM, please shape up and shake up, and give us the 9900 soon.
    05-27-11 01:33 PM
    This is a typical BB fanboy who will follow RIM no matter what obsolete product it releases. This type of apologist is why BB is able to keep it's standards low.
    05-27-11 07:25 PM
    Verizon has the best service where I live but I am getting tired of nothing but Droid phones being released. I want a phone with a physical keyboard. I love my Bold 9650 but I want something newer and a device with a web browser worthy of paying for unlimited data. I am leaning towards the iphone because I want a better browser and I am not a fan of Droids. I would prefer to stay with Blackberry but it is ridiculous how they are behind on releasing new devices.
    05-27-11 08:58 PM

And sorry, RIM is not Apple. They don't release a new rehash of the same phone 28 a year and make their customers upgrade and upgrade and upgrade for features that should have been on the previous version.
    WHAT?! Really?
    Storm-Storm 2
    Tour-Bold
    Curve-Curve2-Curve 3G
    05-27-11 11:21 PM
    Well that's 3 phones rehashed over and over and not just one lol. But yeah.
    05-27-11 11:23 PM
    Well that's 3 phones rehashed over and over and not just one lol. But yeah.
    iPhone, Blackberry and Android all do it, it's just a little funny to deny that Blackberry doesn't as ctrad45 does.
    05-27-11 11:28 PM
    Between a rock and a hard place. Just like with the playbook. RIM needs to release this now bla bla bla. RIM releases it and then it's not ready starts, cry cry cry.

Same thing will happen if they release the bold too soon. Everyone will be happy until they find the problems then the crying will start all over again.

Hope they can get something right for once but it is a difficult situation for them.
    Nobody wants to wait and thats the problem, people just need to learn to wait.
    05-28-11 06:00 AM
    Have any of you actually noticed RIM doesnt give 2 sh*ts about what the consumer wants and when they want it? RIM has always catered to the corporate world and still continue to do so. When they said summer, in my book august is still summer. A couple months in the corporate world is a drop in the bucket, where a couple months in the consumer world is a lifetime for tech devices, but yet again RIM doesn't care what the consumer thinks/wants.

For those that say "why show it off at bbw and have a release date so far out?". Again BBW is a trade show to show off whats "COMING" out in the future. Shows like this are to showcase whats up and coming from a company, typically not to show off whats out or something everyone already knows is coming in a couple weeks. **** typically these devices they showcase aren't even working models but rather prototypes that are just place cards to show you what its going to look like. Just having a working model to show off is a plus for said companies.

It's plain and simple. You can see from some of the videos that were shot at BBW that the device is clearly not ready for prime time yet and when it is (we all know by now RIM will still need OS updates to fix things) it will be released. In my opinion the device is ready for release its the carriers right now that are testing it and holding it up from being released.
    Last edited by homer1475; 05-28-11 at 06:47 AM.
    05-28-11 06:42 AM
    Isn't the 9900 in testing at AT&T? Didn't I read that somewhere? If that's the case (I may be wrong and just had a weird dream one night) it's going through the natural release cycle. Testing will continue and any test result problems resolved before release. These problems could be anything from issues with the network to software problems.
    I could have sworn someone said it was in testing.
    And yeah, as far as I can tell, August is summer in the northern hemisphere.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 05-28-11 at 07:38 AM.
    05-28-11 07:35 AM
    And? What use is a BB to a kid? They want a rich media media experience and gaming capabilities. There are relatively very few apps for these things and they hardly manage to play a youtube video.
    05-28-11 09:01 AM
    So RIM would announce a device in May, knowing it wouldn't be out until August, and not only announce a new device have it coming soon on your web site AND e-mailing BlackBerry users that it's coming soon. THEN delay it until October for "back to school" yeah sure, and student who's been wanting a iphone on Sprint or T-MO will have the chance to get one in September. I just hope 2yrs from now we don't see RIM/BlackBerry being only available to buisnesses and have NO retail devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-11 09:14 AM
    Isn't the 9900 in testing at AT&T? Didn't I read that somewhere? If that's the case (I may be wrong and just had a weird dream one night) it's going through the natural release cycle. Testing will continue and any test result problems resolved before release. These problems could be anything from issues with the network to software problems.
    I could have sworn someone said it was in testing.
    And yeah, as far as I can tell, August is summer in the northern hemisphere.
    CX tweeted that if I remember correctly.
    05-28-11 11:28 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD