I will start by saying I am not a hater, I like and prefer a Blackberry to other phones. Prior stated, how long can BB continue to ignore customer wants, needs, desires and requests while trying to keep a strangle hold on RIM's proprietary information? I know everyone will start bashing Apple, at least they come to market on a consistent basis with new and innovative features and pretend to listen to a few of the requests.

We are rapidly approaching a month since Blackberry World and still do not have an Official Launch Date for new devices.

Everyone is talking about QNX and how great it will be, yet they just leaked or released OS7. (Too hard to keep up and does it really matter) At the current rate of BB advancement it may be 2014 before we actually see QNX in a handheld device. By the time QNX hits the street, where will Droid and Apple be?

Thank you for allowing me to vent before I head out to the day with my original Storm rapidly fading into the land of the brick. IT refuses to move away from BB and will not purchase new devices unless absolutely necessary since current lineup / technology is 2 yrs old (We're on Verizon). Hard to be angry, makes sense I would not buy a 2 year old computer or phone my self.

BB Step Up, get with the program....You are no longer the King at the top of the Corporate Mountain calling the shots.

Eric
    05-26-11 08:17 AM
    Your frustration is shared by most in this forum. But nothing has changed when it come to introducing new RIM hardware. If you go way back in the thread where, for instance, the 9700 was introduced, you will see the same type thread posted. This is just the way it is.

RIM is not known for rushing anything to market that was not ready except the PlayBook. That should have taught us all a lesson!

Judging from the information that is leaking out and what RIM has announced about it's new phones, we should not have to wait much longer. As far as having QNX on their phones, NOT FOR ME! They got a lot of work to do before it would replace what RIM has used and perfected. I can not imagine the "scorn" RIM would suffer to introduce a new phone with a half baked OS like QNX.
    05-26-11 08:34 AM
    RIM is not known for rushing anything to market that was not ready except the PlayBook. That should have taught us all a lesson!
    That lesson should have been learned with the original Storm
    05-26-11 08:51 AM
    I feel like alot of others on this site, that if RIM could have released the Bold 9900/9930 within a month after they announced the device, i'm sure they would have, the sooner the Bold comes out to carriers, the better for RIM right now, after taking hits on Playbook recalls, and Lawyers in Georgia trying to get them for misinformation with stockholders, not to mention the obvious that they NEED a NEW device SOON! RIM isn't trying to be arrogant and assuming that you'll just wait until they are damn good and ready to allow you to purchase one of thier devices, I feel that over the last 8-12 months they've had miss-steps that NOW are finally hurting them somewhat. I still hold that RIM & the North American carriers will have the Bold 9900/9930 out end of June. just my opinion.
    05-26-11 09:16 AM
    I still hold that RIM & the North American carriers will have the Bold 9900/9930 out end of June. just my opinion.
    I am gonna go with Kevin's tweet yesterday. Mid August
    05-26-11 09:29 AM
    That lesson should have been learned with the original Storm
    You're correct. It's been downhill for RIM ever since the Storm.
    05-26-11 11:53 AM
    I am gonna go with Kevin's tweet yesterday. Mid August
    Damm, who are his sources?
    05-26-11 12:09 PM
    Damm, who are his sources?
    Yeah, when the **** did this happen?
    05-26-11 01:57 PM
    As a consumer of fine electronics I'm offended by how many people are impatient with the cell phone industry. Furthermore the only reason apple is so well receivedi because they took their laptop platform which people love and made it a cell phone. You may think "new" android phones come out every month but they're pretty much similar phones with different names and battery doors for various carriers. I'm pretty sure Blackberry released like 6 phones in the last 12 months and they all sold well SO STOP COMPLAINING.!!!

If you still use a 2 year old smartphone and its not completely obselete than RIM's done things right.

Blackberry smartphones will surely outlast these eyecatching gimick phones in the long run. Have some F*CKIN faith. They're canadian. Canadians are great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rick0415 and meganVee like this.
    05-26-11 02:06 PM
    I heard Kevin on his last podcast shortly after BBW and he tried asking a person from RIM a timeframe and the person never really gave him an answer saying "this summer" and mentioned maybe mid August. But since there has been NO definate time from anyone, I'm holding out optimistic hope end of June. Maybe the guy from RIM was saying mid-August for WORLDWIDE would be accomplished by then?

05-26-11 02:09 PM
    I'm holding out optimistic hope end of June.
    optimistic is one thing... disillusioned is another

05-26-11 02:18 PM
    By the time QNX hits the street, where will Droid and Apple be?
    I mean call me crazy, but I honestly believe (and pretty sure that it is a fact) that QNX is the most powerful of all operating systems.. Did you see Android running the QNX OS on it's phone? No, but we saw QNX run the Android OS on its Operating System. Sure RIM might be pretty behind on all of this, but they are fortunate enough to have gotten a tool (QNX) that will keep them in the fighting battle much longer. Apple and Android can only go so far.. I mean look at the android phones getting released, the OS looks pretty much the same, but what is the kicker with the phone? OMG A DUAL CORE PROCESSOR. In the end, that doesn't do sh*t if the current operating system cannot benefit from it.

Then there is apple that ONLY has a touch screen, no option for an ACTUAL keyboard. They have these phones that look pretty inside and out, but they last a good 6 or 7 hours on battery life.. It's ridiculous. Is it really worth it in the end to lose out on 10 hours of battery life so you can simply show your buddies that you can swipe your phone from left to right and a farting noise comes out with a beautiful animation? IDK, I hate apple.. They make good products, but their sh*t is way too overpriced because of their OS (talking about macbooks too etc.) and once you get into bed with apple, you are in a cult. People who are in the cult of Apple are BRUTAL, I think there is something more than any other phone when it comes to apple.. People will literally bite off your left arm to defend it, its just not right.

Call me crazy, but I have faith in RIM and even though it appears that they are falling behind, just wait until these new phones are released and see what is underneath their belt before judging anymore.

They are a HUGE company and have millions upon millions of dollars.. They aren't stupid, they KNOW they need to get their sh*t together, and that is just what they are trying to do.
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 05-26-11 at 02:40 PM.
    meganVee likes this.
    05-26-11 02:34 PM
    SO STOP COMPLAINING.!!!
    I say the opposite, dont stop complaining. Thats what these forums are for, to voice opinions. If you dont like it then dont read the threads. I find them interesting. What I really admire is the die hard Blackberry faithful fans that stick by RIM. I can totally understand their frustrations and impatience. Me, I dont have much patience so I just leave and try other devices but I always had a soft spot for blackberrys.
    05-26-11 02:48 PM
    Yes I do understand that its the carriers who release the Bold 9900/9930, but if RIM knew that the carriers wouldn't release the Bold 9900/9930 until mid-August, why wouldn't they just say so at BBW? This whole mid-August rumor has been there since May 04. I hope the carriers are not dragging their feet, and get this device out asap.

05-26-11 03:10 PM
    If you still use a 2 year old smartphone and its not completely obselete than RIM's done things right.
    I am using the 2 year old Storm and it is completely obsolete, IMO it was almost obsolete the day it was released. My next BB will not have a virtual keyboard.....Touch screen and I use the term loosely, works when it wants to at this point. Making phone calls is challenging when you can not dial let alone replying to emails, which is supposed to be BB's strength.

Personally, I have a hard time blaming the carriers. First, if BB had been more progressive and led the technology charge as they did when they first appeared or at least kept up with the advancements the carriers might feel a greater loyalty. The carriers want to promote devices that will entice consumers to sign those beloved 2 year contract agreements.

Two, if BB truly had the devices ready and stepped up at THEIR conference and stated the devices will be available on this date, the carriers would have to get on board and be prepared for customers walking in the door and requesting the device. Steve Jobs does not seem to have a problem stating a release / availability date. When Droid first hit the scene they had a huge advertising campaign with a hard release date.
    05-26-11 04:16 PM
    Its a hard world for rim.

Announced Bold touch at bb world - only one device
    Announce no device - frustrated shareholder/customers

Roll out Bold touch today - bad reviews, because it's not ready 100% on software
    Roll out Bold touch in summer - every wants this phone yet.

Be sure Rim works as hard as they can...

What would you do if you were Rim?

05-26-11 04:35 PM
    If I were RIM, I'd have a little fore thought and vison, and would have made sure the Bold 9900/9930 be available no later than mid-June for ALL carriers worldwide

05-26-11 04:50 PM
    If I were RIM, I'd have a little fore thought and vison, and would have made sure the Bold 9900/9930 be available no later than mid-June for ALL carriers worldwide

Its not available because its not ready. As much as wed all want it in june (shoot, I wish it was released in march) but its not. I'm sure if it were ready enough carriers would have started selling it. I can't believe that not one single carrier in NA didn't find it ready to be released by now. That to me means its clearly not ready.

05-26-11 05:18 PM
    My point exactley! IF RIM had it ready, the carriers wouldn't have any reason NOT to carry it. I spoke to three different Sprint reps and ask all three about their relationship with RIM and ALL THREE confirmed that one, Sprint has an excellent relationship with RIM and two, they will be getting the Bold 9930, just not sure when, mid-summer?

05-26-11 06:09 PM
    Because reps have all the answers... *rolls eyes*

RIM said "summer". August IS summer. If you can't wait the few weeks from June (never confirmed as a release date) to August (again, never confirmed) then maybe you're life is a little pathetic. Its a phone. Its not cancer surgery. Slamming RIM for not releasing the 9900 when YOU want it is truly laughable. Its akin to a child stomping their feet and demanding their bottle NOW.
    It'll be here this summer. That was ALWAYS the promise.

And sorry, RIM is not Apple. They don't release a new rehash of the same phone 28 a year and make their customers upgrade and upgrade and upgrade for features that should have been on the previous version.

If you're that miserable in your life maybe you should go to Droid or Windows Mobile or to Apple. In the meantime, stop acting like a spoiled brat. Its unbecoming.

Bart kouwenberg and homer1475 like this.
    05-27-11 02:11 AM

RIM said "summer". August IS summer. If you can't wait the few weeks from June (never confirmed as a release date) to August (again, never confirmed) then maybe you're life is a little pathetic. Its a phone. Its not cancer surgery. Slamming RIM for not releasing the 9900 when YOU want it is truly laughable. Its akin to a child stomping their feet and demanding their bottle NOW.

And sorry, RIM is not Apple. They don't release a new rehash of the same phone 28 a year and make their customers upgrade and upgrade and upgrade for features that should have been on the previous version.

If you're that miserable in your life maybe you should go to Droid or Windows Mobile or to Apple. In the meantime, stop acting like a spoiled brat. Its unbecoming.

I plead the fifth
    05-27-11 02:22 AM

05-27-11 02:58 AM

Life for RIM is not as simple as you would like it to be

If it were ready it would go to the carriers to sell. RIM is not stupid, they have a LARGE investment in all of this hardware and are not just holding it back to p|ss everyone off!

Threads like this torture some so badly! LOL!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 05-27-11 at 05:10 AM.
    05-27-11 05:07 AM

WOW, I recall someone referencing the "Apple Cult" earlier in the thread.....Appears RIM / BB has its share of people sipping a little too much of the company juice as well.

My life is not miserable at all, I enjoy it immensely everyday.

For a "Technology" company to react as slowly as RIM has the last several years it beckons people to ask questions and be curious. Not to mention the missteps previously mentioned, I / We / Consumers are frustrated and want answers. They have created the problem themselves, THEY created and developed a loyal customer base and then failed to deliver products whether it be new devices or upgrades to existing ones as advancements were made in the market.

If you want to liken it to a child stomping their feet or acting like a spoiled brat that is your choice. As you voiced your opinion, I voiced mine and merely stated that I wanted RIM / BB to step up.

Oh, and please let me have your cup and your keys......You've had enough juice for today
    Last edited by ecjn30; 05-27-11 at 06:46 AM.
    05-27-11 06:38 AM
    Between a rock and a hard place. Just like with the playbook. RIM needs to release this now bla bla bla. RIM releases it and then it's not ready starts, cry cry cry.

Same thing will happen if they release the bold too soon. Everyone will be happy until they find the problems then the crying will start all over again.

Hope they can get something right for once but it is a difficult situation for them.
    05-27-11 07:57 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD