Hi. Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the trackpad backlight (I'm on 7.1.0.267)?
    I would not mind so much if the brightness and colour matched the keyboard and call button backlights, but they don't. Lack of attention to design detail IMO. It's just too bright and a distraction.
    02-25-12 04:40 AM
    What colour is it?
    02-25-12 04:47 AM
    There is no default option to disable any of the backlighting.
    02-25-12 05:12 AM
    It suppose to be same colour and intensity as keyboard. No, you can't just change the optical pad backlight because it is part of the main board.
    02-25-12 05:30 AM
    Strange question but I have same colour all over the keyboard n trackpad
    02-25-12 05:42 AM
    Strange question but I have same colour all over the keyboard n trackpad
    me too. That's why I wondered.
    02-25-12 05:43 AM
    What colour is it?
    Keyboard and call button backlight is kind of a soft and dimmer lavender white, whereas the trackpad is bright white and draws in the eye.
    02-25-12 05:44 AM
    There is no default option to disable any of the backlighting.
    I don't suppose you know if there is a setting in one of the .alx's?
    02-25-12 06:15 AM
    Keyboard and call button backlight is kind of a soft and dimmer lavender white, whereas the trackpad is bright white and draws in the eye.
    It's supposed to be like that.
    02-25-12 12:56 PM
    No you can't disable the trackpad light and either the keyboard lights.
    It's the light unit under the keyboard/trackpad that is different, if you are not happy with it.
    You should consider to try an exchange and hope you get that matched light.
    My trackpad is a little brighter than the keyboard light but the call,menu,back and the end keys,
    is just even with the trackpad too. you can't change them by settings but you dissassemble it,
    to change the keyboard light unit to match the trackpadcolor, or just do the exchange.
    For me it's ok, but if you are OCD bring it back.
    02-25-12 01:18 PM
    Wow I should have sold you my rogers unit I sent it in under warranty because trackpad wasn't lighting up. On that note, you could probably physically disconnect power from it if you disassembled the phone. Would not be a software setting though...
    03-01-12 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD