I have 3 9930 batteries in case of any issues I run into. The battery the came with the device is the best. My 2nd battery I purchased is nearly as good. Unfortunately, the third battery I bought from Amazon absolutely stinks.

I popped the battery into the phone and in a matter of MINUTES, the phone has sank to 85%. That's a full charge to 85% in under 15 minutes. Just watch for the ratings on amazon if you buy a battery from a third party even though the battery is an OEM battery. For now on I'm gonna stick to the bad battery in the mornings and rely on my best battery for last if I ever have to use it.

What a shame :/.

I hope you all have had the great experience with your original batteries like I have. The third just seriously stinks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-04-12 10:48 PM
    Are they all official OEM batteries? Kind of odd that they might be different, but I think this goes to show that some of the older (initial) batteries that came with the first few batches of phones had some sort of defect.

Amazon might have an old batch (I doubt they clear through their inventory of BB batteries very often).

When did you buy your phone?
    02-05-12 10:03 AM
    They are the OEM batteries. They're probably used. My original is great as well as the second one I purchased. The third one just stinks. And you have a point that it may be one of the first batteries that were sold in the first batch. I didn't purchase this phone until I beleve the last day in December.
    02-05-12 06:26 PM
    Yeah could be, even your good ones are slighly better ,worse in minor portion, sure not 100% the same.
    02-05-12 06:39 PM
    OP, do you happen to have an aftermarket external charger you're using? I use an old one from the time I was using my 9700 (I have three batteries for it) and it charges them to capacity every single time, at 350 mAh instead of 700 or 1000 mAh like the stock chargers do. If you do get one, it'll be between $3 and $10 from ebay. The 9700's (or 9000 compatible one) just needs the pins slightly bent to the left by 1mm and it'll fit the JM-1 battery perfectly.
    02-05-12 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD