So I had to send my first 9900 away and just got a new one today. I just noticed that this one doesn't have a trackpad that lights up. It looks just like my 9700 trackpad. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this, who else has one like mine?

I don't really see this as an issue. I did like the one that lights up, but it doesn't do anything special for my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by eKafara; 10-12-11 at 02:48 AM.
    10-12-11 02:45 AM
    I'm pretty positive you are the only one with a non-lighting trackpad, because we would certainly have heard if others had them by now.

You might not see this as an issue, but it is... it's a huge issue! The illuminated trackpad is a trademark of the 9900/9930.

My advice - take it back immediately!

10-12-11 03:08 AM
    I have to agree with Phill - take it back. You bought a 9900 not a 9700. ob

10-12-11 03:18 AM
    I have to agree with you guys. I think it was the heat of the day that did something to my head when I was looking at it before it wasn't lighting up. Now an hour later and inside, I see that it does indeed light up.

I do noticed that my battery life is still garbage. Down 20% in just over an hour. But that's for another thread. I'm off to find one of the many battery life threads. Then to load 440 onto this guy when I get home.

(Under further investigation I noticed that wikitude was on and searching for an hour)

Last edited by eKafara; 10-12-11 at 04:14 AM.
    10-12-11 04:04 AM
    This is, I suppose, peripheral to the issue; will the colored TrackPad covers for the BOLD 9700 (TrueSupplier calls them "TrackPad Hats") fit properly and work on the 9900?

Does the 9900's Illuminated Trackpad allow for a choice of lighting color? I am waiting for AT&T to offer a White 9900 and am hoping that Colored trim pieces and Keyboards become available soon.

I currently have a 9700 with a "Stars & Stripes" motif that I am very fond of and I am willing to wait for a 9900 that comes closer to my preferences than the plain Black model available now.
    11-28-11 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD