10-04-11 03:18 PM
77 1234
tools
    You can't really say the battery life is stellar if it's practically unanimous that this bold doesn't last nearly as long as the previous one...
    Practically unanimous? You base that comment on what, forum participation?
    10-02-11 10:27 AM
    I have had this device for over 3 weeks and not one time did I have a bad battery day. I use my phone hard most days. I run the stock os and have all my settings setup to assist with battery life. Call it a fluke, whatever you want but the fact is this battery is on level playing field with the 8330 curve I used to have.

I had my GPS on most of the day yesterday as I was on the road a lot. Listen to music, bbm, text a lot, web surf, check college football scores on score mobile and emails...at bedtime I had 45% battery left from the prior nights charge. So you tell me...

I'm sorry are you the only one who got an extended battery? You can't really say the battery life is stellar if it's practically unanimous that this bold doesn't last nearly as long as the previous one, that the battery was downgraded in capacity from a 1500 mAh to a 1230 mAh, and that the much higher power consumption of the new Bold doesn't help the situation any.

Also the 9900 obviously copied the design of the Nokia E6 down to the thickness but not battery capacity. The E6 smokes the 9900 practically in every category and the price is right too.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 10:53 AM
    Absolutely LOVE my 9930, great keyboard, and the communication integration is first rate. My experience hasn't been flawless (phone is currently in a plastic bag with battery removed due to some malfunctions and persistant locking up (spinngin clock) while I am traveling) - but I am hopeful that Verizon can fix or replace when I get home in a couple of weeks.

So even though I am one of those "issue" people ... I really do like the 9930! I think the origin of the complaint isn't venting to BB fans, but this is the place where you are likely to get people who know of the issues you are experiencing and may be able to help.

The 9900/9930 is easily the best BB on the market. And the keyboard is the best physical keyboard of any smartphone available.

Don't let all the "issue" related threads here in CB mislead you - you are always going to see more people complaining than praising, it's just how things work...

No issues at all with my device, and I wouldn't trade it for anything currently in-market.
    10-02-11 11:30 AM
    I think a lot of people that complain are the ones that think a blackberry should be more like iOS and Android, which they are not. Each device has their advantages and disadvantages.

elphie28 likes this.
    10-02-11 11:53 AM
    One quick note hahree, it is now just after 1pm and my battery life sits at 95%. Lite use today so far but I've had it off the charger since 7am.

I'm sorry are you the only one who got an extended battery? You can't really say the battery life is stellar if it's practically unanimous that this bold doesn't last nearly as long as the previous one, that the battery was downgraded in capacity from a 1500 mAh to a 1230 mAh, and that the much higher power consumption of the new Bold doesn't help the situation any.

Also the 9900 obviously copied the design of the Nokia E6 down to the thickness but not battery capacity. The E6 smokes the 9900 practically in every category and the price is right too.
    10-02-11 01:07 PM
    Hahree - how did blackberry copy the Nokia E6? Have you ever seen the original Bold 9000? Gimme a break. LOL at that comment.

10-02-11 01:59 PM
    Hey there's nothing wrong with Blackberries and their software!!! How dare you!!! Grrrr! Loool

10-02-11 02:11 PM
    did they drop the ball? well i guess if having a phone which has been sold out on multiple carriers, has recieved very favourable reviews and quite a large sales uptake is dropping the ball then yes.

lmao
    10-02-11 02:22 PM
    I didn't want to start a new thread, but I've got a simple question:

Does the.9930 from VZW come witha disc of Desktop Manager?
    10-02-11 07:01 PM
    I hit my iphone 3gs with a hammer when for the last time I had to reinstall windows and itunes and forgot to remove my phone as trusted, I then had 0/5 trusted machines left and had to reinstall all my apps. I quickly sent jobs an email that was titled f+++ joo.

Seriously, my bold 9900 can do anything that any iphone can and better + I don't have to sync crap I can just drag w/e I want from my pc to my phone just as it was a 16gb usb stick.

I had 9956425545fgr apps on my iphone and the only one I ever used was Phone+email and sms because there was no bbm.

GOOD RIDDANCE

10-02-11 10:11 PM
    I want a giant bold 9900 costume, so I can wear it and run into my local apple store and high five the customers.

10-02-11 10:19 PM
    I want a giant bold 9900 costume, so I can wear it and run into my local apple store and high five the customers.

^^^ best post of the day! LOL!

Re: your earlier post, I hate syncing physically ever. I am not a fan of DM.
    10-02-11 11:53 PM
    Was the snapdragon 2nd generation 1.2 ghz processor available in February of 2010?
    The fact remains that the people at RIM who sit around and think stuff up could have come up with something other than the Snapdragon or gotten it out faster. Someone is dragging their feet but who knows if it's the developers, RIM execs or someone in the thinkology department at RIM. IMO, this phone should have been released a year ago at the bare minimum to keep up with iOS and Droid.
    10-03-11 09:53 AM
    I don't think rim is thinking of keeping up with anyone which may or may not be to their benefit. However think about it why would any blackberry need a 1.2 processor? Majority of rim users are business folk that use the phone for its intended purpose as a communication device. If you wan't to play games there adre far better options lol. I could use a blackberry that has a 333 processor becauase all I use is email/bbm and randomly the browser.
    Apple has to have the massive processor so those kids can play rollercoaster games/need for speed.

10-03-11 10:40 AM
    ...Rim did not copy anything they were the ones that invented the whole full qwerty design..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I'm talking about the whole qwerty+touchscreen design, sure lots of winmo phones had them but the E6 looks the closest in terms of design and specs.

Just look at this comparison: BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 vs. Nokia E6 - GSMArena.com

The E6 is selling at 1/3 the price, now what does that tell you. I do like my BB but I have a problem with RIM exploiting their following like this, if they want to sell expensive phones then they should have upped the specs accordingly. Apple can afford to do that to their users but not RIM with their already dwindling BB user base.

To the diehard BB fans, never mind the hardware but have you seen the apps on beta zone? I could swear the list was longer a year ago. You think they're going to add even more apps(like the Facebook Messenger is nowhere in sight for the BB) and/or update them(even less frequently if that's possible) when more people abandons ship? Even 3rd party ones will be limited to themes and apps that adds vital functionality that should have been already integrated to the core OS. The only app makers that are staying are the ones already/still making money.

By buying devices like the 9900 you're basically saying that you're fine getting scraps of technology at premium prices. As they say you vote with your wallet and you people are voting the BB to an early grave.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    10-04-11 02:34 AM
    I'm talking about the whole qwerty+touchscreen design, sure lots of winmo phones had them but the E6 looks the closest in terms of design and specs.

Just look at this comparison: BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 vs. Nokia E6 - GSMArena.com

The E6 is selling at 1/3 the price, now what does that tell you. I do like my BB but I have a problem with RIM exploiting their following like this, if they want to sell expensive phones then they should have upped the specs accordingly. Apple can afford to do that to their users but not RIM with their already dwindling BB user base.

To the diehard BB fans, never mind the hardware but have you seen the apps on beta zone? I could swear the list was longer a year ago. You think they're going to add even more apps(like the Facebook Messenger is nowhere in sight for the BB) and/or update them(even less frequently if that's possible) when more people abandons ship? Even 3rd party ones will be limited to themes and apps that adds vital functionality that should have been already integrated to the core OS. The only app makers that are staying are the ones already/still making money.

By buying devices like the 9900 you're basically saying that you're fine getting scraps of technology at premium prices. As they say you vote with your wallet and you people are voting the BB to an early grave.
    I use 5 features on the phone,
    1. Phone
    2. Email
    3. bbm
    4. Browser
    5. Calendar

The 9900 does this well and the keyboard is great, and my work won't accept anything but blackberries.

This phone meets my needs, I don't need 50 pages of apps that ill never use.

10-04-11 02:50 AM
    So, not buying the 99xx would save RIM???
    10-04-11 02:56 AM
    9930 is the best device for my needs. Simple interface and great keyboard. I've convenced at least 6 people to give it a try.
    10-04-11 06:06 AM
    The E6 is selling at 1/3 the price, now what does that tell you.
    That tells me that Nokia's ship sailed long ago and can no longer demand premium pricing.

I do like my BB but I have a problem with RIM exploiting their following like this, if they want to sell expensive phones then they should have upped the specs accordingly.
    I don't feel exploited. I feel like RIM finally got it right. Now if they could just make me feel that way about the PlayBook.

Apple can afford to do that to their users but not RIM with their already dwindling BB user base.
    Although RIM could be doing better, they are nowhere near death's door.

You are simply towing the "RIM is doomed" party line. Please come up with something new.

So, for those of us that don't consider the 99xx a "scrap of technology" what should we do? Should we buy the phone because we want it, or not buy the phone to send RIM a message that others don't like it?
    Spawn12 likes this.
    10-04-11 06:58 AM
    Rogers to offer companies alternative to BlackBerry!!!

Rogers to offer companies alternative to BlackBerry | Money | Toronto Sun link from toronto sun

its simple RIM is headed the age of the DINO'S
    all good things must come to an end...
    10-04-11 12:57 PM
    Rogers to offer companies alternative to BlackBerry!!!

Rogers to offer companies alternative to BlackBerry | Money | Toronto Sun link from toronto sun

its simple RIM is headed the age of the DINO'S
    all good things must come to an end...
    Software alone can't provide secure communication lol, governments will only allow blackberry phones and where I work camera free ones. And you have to give it to the IT department for a week for them to do their configurations, rogers can do whatever it wants but it doesn't change anything.

10-04-11 01:02 PM
    i agree with a lot of comments on here but one thing that bithers me about bb with android after quite a lt of emphasis on android apps that give too much permission to ur device it concerns me about the security that bb provides... am i reading into this issue to much or is there concern..?????
    10-04-11 01:05 PM
    WOW!

Can anyone else say "Pessimism" here?! way to toss RIM under the bus :/ I migrated FROM an iPhone4 to a Torch 9800, and to be totally honest I NEVER used the iPhone for what it was meant for! I text'd, emailed, browsed (a little) and listen to music.. The Torch was everything I needed a mobile device for! When I updated to the 9900, my mind was blown! It's everything I want in a phone, at the speed I was accustomed to on the iPhone! Price be damned, the 9900 is RIM's equivalent to the iPhone4!

BlackBerry is the perfect medium between a PHONE phone (you can call people -- THAT'S IT) and a mobile computing/socializing/mind-consuming play-thing (iPhone). I don't NEED all the crazy functionality of an iPhone... I have a computer for that!

I really think that those who are casting RIM off the deep end need to realize that RIM isn't making all-in-one super-duper crazy toys, they're designing utilitarian devices that are meant to be efficient mediums of communication. Of course they could update a few things to stay with the times (Mobile HotSpots, Wifi calling, etc.) but as it's already been said if RIM is lacking anywhere it's in their timing! Maybe the 9900 should have been released along-side the iPhone4, but then again maybe RIM knew it would take consumers a little bit to get over the 'brand new shiny thing' and was smart enough to let the storm settle before releasing their new flagship.

IMHO there will always be a place for BB in the smart-phone genre of devices, because there's always going to be the group of people that isn't caught up by the shiny doo-dads that Apple releases, and just don't like the look and feel of Android phones...
    Last edited by fragment137; 10-04-11 at 01:30 PM.
    10-04-11 01:25 PM
    i agree with a lot of comments on here but one thing that bithers me about bb with android after quite a lt of emphasis on android apps that give too much permission to ur device it concerns me about the security that bb provides... am i reading into this issue to much or is there concern..?????
    Yes, you are reading a bit too much. Android apps don't ask for too many permissions, but if you feel they do, don't install the app.

Also, the App player sandbox supposedly indemnifies BB users from any risks anyway.
    10-04-11 02:03 PM
    Yes, you are reading a bit too much. Android apps don't ask for too many permissions, but if you feel they do, don't install the app.
    Just FTR, every BB app I've ever downloaded has asked for permission. Everything from BeWeather to Sirius/XM to Opera Mini has asked for permissions. They all do, but it's a matter of how much and like you said, if you're nervous, don't install it.
    10-04-11 02:28 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD