IMO, this phone should have been released a year and a half ago, just like the Torch touch. So yes, RIM did drop the ball.
    Was the snapdragon 2nd generation 1.2 ghz processor available in February of 2010?
    09-30-11 09:46 PM
    Is 9900 the last BB OS phone to come out before QNX... wait it out?
    If im right, Mike L. said already that BB OS will be continued even after QNX phones are released... what i imagine here is either that BB OS will be for the curve series or that the new phones will be optional with BB OS or QNX.
    09-30-11 11:01 PM
    I have said this before on CB. Even a screwdriver will not function properly in the wrong hands. This is my second blackberry and I couldn't have asked for more. I strongly believe the ones having the most issues came from another platform and this may wel be their first bb experience. The first thing they have done right was come here. The first thing they did wrong was assume every issue they encountered was the devices fault. Keep being curious and keep on reading! and for G*ds sake never stop asking questions! There are still many of us happy to help.

Soaring in my 9930 at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 10-01-11 at 01:15 AM.
    10-01-11 01:09 AM
    I'd say both balls dropped and they made a device for men

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AZ87 likes this.
    10-01-11 01:36 AM
    Mine was free on a 2 year �36 a month contract... What ever rim was smoking I want some!! Love my 9900!! =D

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-01-11 02:49 AM
    To answer the OP:

Yes. RIM majorly dropped the ball on the 9900. It should have been on the market 1.5-2 years ago. Ok, maybe just one year but it is seriously late.

Short battery life in a Blackberry? Really RIM??
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-01-11 04:03 AM
    They went with a 1230 mAh battery to keep it thin. ROFL.

Isn't a BB supposed to be a serious, dependable phone(that you can count on when all your iPhones and iPads long ran out of juice) and yet when they added a touch screen(huge batt drainer obviously),a gpu with the interface running on it(liquid whatever), twice as much CPU for some reason RIM saw it fit to lower the batt capacity...just for the sake of making it a few millimeter thinner.
    10-01-11 06:42 AM
    Well, I have no complaints about the battery life, so from my perspective everything works as expected. For me, the 9930 is the BlackBerry I have wanted for a long time, and I'm very much satisfied with it. When I compare the size to my father's 9000, I very much appreciate the fact that RIM made it "a few millimeters thinner."

A fine example of how it's not possible to please everyone.
    10-01-11 07:15 AM
    Well, I have no complaints about the battery life, so from my perspective everything works as expected. For me, the 9930 is the BlackBerry I have wanted for a long time, and I'm very much satisfied with it. When I compare the size to my father's 9000, I very much appreciate the fact that RIM made it "a few millimeters thinner."

A fine example of how it's not possible to please everyone.
    I couldn't agree more. I have no battery issues and love the size and look of my 9900.

10-01-11 07:32 AM
    Could the 9900 have a few more features? Of course, they all could. Should the 9900/30 should have been released one year ago? Does a bear crap in the woods? Did RIM drop the ball here? No. The 99xx is the best BlackBerry to ever hit the market. It's selling relatively well. That doesn't constitute a dropped ball IMHO.
    +1

Cant disagree with any of that.
    10-01-11 08:09 AM
    im bummed out, i bought the wrong phone.
    i should have bought the 9810.

i went from 9800 to 9900 because i like the bold style phone
    but the batt life and camera on the 9900 are a thumbs down...

the 9810 has the better camera...
    10-01-11 08:12 AM
    They went with a 1230 mAh battery to keep it thin. ROFL.

Isn't a BB supposed to be a serious, dependable phone(that you can count on when all your iPhones and iPads long ran out of juice) and yet when they added a touch screen(huge batt drainer obviously),a gpu with the interface running on it(liquid whatever), twice as much CPU for some reason RIM saw it fit to lower the batt capacity...just for the sake of making it a few millimeter thinner.
    I totally agree with this post. I don't believe RIM so much as missed the boat, but they definitely sold out. Bow people will get mad cause I said that but they are beginning to look more and more like the competition. Falling in line some like to call it. BY THE WAY I DO LOVE MY 9900. Just throwing in my opinion.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
    10-01-11 09:27 AM
    definately dropped the ball. I had 9930 for a week. I loved the look of the phone but the email 2 way sync is still not there. WTF RIM? And please don't say carrier this, carrier that. Even if that's the case, look at the iphone and android, easy 2-way sync regardless of carrier.

And what made matters worse, how is RIM going to do an OS upgrade and not have apps be carried over? There were literally no useful apps for OS 7. I use Epocrates for work and that wasn't even an option. WTF!

Anyhow, returned my 9930 unfortunately (I had high hopes for it). Going to wait for the Iphone 5 and give it a try (that'd be my first iphone, I'm a BB who turned into an android user).
    10-01-11 09:43 AM
    It is a very good device but battery life is truly AWFUL!
    I never worried about it with my previous BB, but with this one, I am stressed out all the time until I can locate a plug nearby. I really worry about being cut off when I am travelling and have no access to electriciy. I am considering reverting to my 9700, but I am too used to the touch screen now. I am turning wifi on and off as necessary, put the phone on only 2G, but as soon as it comes off the charger, it starts using juice like there is no tomorrow.
    10-01-11 10:50 AM
    RIM didn't drop the ball on the 9900. The 9900 and OS7 is what RIM needed to keep the current blackberry users happy. Will others go back? They would if thing thing was marketed better. I know a bunch of friends switch back to blackberry becuase of the new crop of devoces and a lot that stayed with blackberry who though of switching. Should it have come out earlier? Of course it would have been nice but I'm gald RIM finally made a device and OS that competes in every level to the other devices. Each device has it's advantages.
    As far as price goes, it still is cheaper than an iPhone and the top Android phone so I don't know what the deal is with pricing. Carriers set their own contract prices.

Spawn12 likes this.
    10-01-11 11:03 AM
    I loved the look of the phone but the email 2 way sync is still not there. WTF RIM? And please don't say carrier this, carrier that. Even if that's the case, look at the iphone and android, easy 2-way sync regardless of carrier.
    Two-way sync works just fine for my 9930. Exchange works perfectly (as it should with a BlackBerry), and Gmail and Yahoo accounts also work. Definitely two-way sync. Is there a delay in syncing those accounts? Yep. But guess what, the iPhone I have doesn't sync MobileMe any better, and MobileMe is an Apple service. Go figure.

Regarding MobileMe... for specifics, if you receive an e-mail, it will show up on your desktop and your iPhone almost instantaneously. If you read the e-mail on your desktop, the iPhone will not reflect that the e-mail has been read until you force the Mail app to refresh on the iPhone. This is with MobileMe push enabled, too. Apple is aware, and have indicated that this is the way it is supposed to work.

So, while Gmail and Yahoo may take a bit to sync (no more than an hour, normally), MobileMe will never refresh read status on the iPhone until you force it to. Plus, all other e-mail accounts will not refresh their status for a minimum of 15 minutes. So, before you suggest that all other phones handle sync perfectly, you might want to do some reading.

And what made matters worse, how is RIM going to do an OS upgrade and not have apps be carried over? There were literally no useful apps for OS 7. I use Epocrates for work and that wasn't even an option. WTF!
    How is this RIM's fault? There are two entities to blame here... the developers of Epocrates, and you. If you rely on Epocrates then you should have never upgraded to a new phone until you were certain that the software you require will work on it.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    10-01-11 11:15 AM
    I totally agree with this post. I don't believe RIM so much as missed the boat, but they definitely sold out. Bow people will get mad cause I said that but they are beginning to look more and more like the competition. Falling in line some like to call it. BY THE WAY I DO LOVE MY 9900. Just throwing in my opinion.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
    Lol. @ "Bow" people. Everyone is entitled to an opinion- good or bad.

Hopefully, at&t will release it (when it's ready).....for the rest of us. I'd rather see just how good/bad it is for myself.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 10-01-11 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Grouchy.
    10-01-11 08:00 PM
    im bummed out, i bought the wrong phone.
    i should have bought the 9810.

i went from 9800 to 9900 because i like the bold style phone
    but the batt life and camera on the 9900 are a thumbs down...

the 9810 has the better camera...
    Don't sweat it. People are complaining about the 9810 as well. Battery life is the same based on those I know with the new BOLD when compared to T2. Again it is what it is. Nothing great and I didn't expect it to be either.
    10-01-11 08:09 PM
    I bought the 9930 outright. It was expensive, but after using it for the past month, I never think about the price I paid.
    I am thankful that I am able to accomplish so much work while I am out of ther office, that I do not feel guilty for being out of the office.

That alone is priceless!
    I agree. I also bought mine outright, and I have not regretted it for a minute. It is the phone I have waited for. Now that I am pairing it with my Playbook, I rarely use my PC, and I put my netbook away. Sometimes I think it's a matter of perspective and expectations. I have had several phones, and each of them have had their issues. In truth, my 9930 has had less issues than any of my other phones (Android and iphone) .I guess some people are just overly critical about things or maybe they just don't take the time to enjoy their phones. I am going to enjoy every minute of this 9930 experience & encourage anyone who is interested in a wonderful phone to come back to BB. This phone is absolutely worth the price,and Rim did NOT drop the ball!!
    purijagmohan likes this.
    10-01-11 08:17 PM
    I concur elphie! I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Fantastic keyboard, screen, battery life is stellar...the list goes on. This device is a workhorse and a beautiful one at that. Anyone that complains about this phone is just miserable by nature.

10-01-11 08:45 PM
    Excellent device, killer keypad, fast.
    10-01-11 09:30 PM
    battery life is stellar
    I'm sorry are you the only one who got an extended battery? You can't really say the battery life is stellar if it's practically unanimous that this bold doesn't last nearly as long as the previous one, that the battery was downgraded in capacity from a 1500 mAh to a 1230 mAh, and that the much higher power consumption of the new Bold doesn't help the situation any.

Also the 9900 obviously copied the design of the Nokia E6 down to the thickness but not battery capacity. The E6 smokes the 9900 practically in every category and the price is right too.
    Last edited by hahree; 10-02-11 at 02:02 AM.
    10-02-11 01:56 AM
    To the OP, I had no problems at all with my 9900, from switching a 9780 to the 9900 to using it on a daily basis. The apps will come I am sure, I use
    Tunein
    Scoremobile
    Google maps
    Gpslogger ii
    3d rollercoaster
    Tapatalk
    Wikitude
    Ubinav
    Beweather
    + native goodness (protect, bridge, bbm)

It syncs effortlessly to my thee email account two of them gmail 2way sync

It takes great pics.

It does the job, it does it perfectly according to my needs.

This is a forum, people come here to find solution to problems or because they are pissed off and u will find more of them than the zillions of happy users.

10-02-11 02:13 AM

Also the 9900 obviously copied the design of the Nokia E6 down to the thickness but not battery capacity. The E6 smokes the 9900 practically in every category and the price is right too.

...Rim did not copy anything they were the ones that invented the whole full qwerty design..

10-02-11 02:15 AM
    I understand your frustration. I have the 9930 and can honestly say that this is the best phone blackberry has put out thus far. For me, this is the best phone out there. I don't want an andriod, too many OS issues, random reboot problems. Don't want an Iphone, most people that have them, to include my wife, treat them like ipod touches. Too much play, not enough work. Plus you can't multi-task with an iphone. RIM's problem is that they are slow to react and don't emphasize being proactive. I'll stay with RIM. They have the right mix for me, just wish this phone was out last year.

10-02-11 08:50 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD