All im reading is complaints about the phone plus the crazy price it sells for.. whats RIM smoking? Im an Android user that left BB but I miss their keyboard and want to come back but theyre making it hard to do so... Looking fwd to the day when BB hardware runs Android
    09-30-11 08:24 AM
    Hopefully and i mean this with the utmost respect, i really really really hope BB never ever ever runs Android...nothing would annoy me more than to see Android on a BB device tbqh.

Anyhow i have the 9900 and i have no complaints about mine...mines solid as a rock and has been since ive had it for a month or so. I wonder what complaints your talking about??...of course there are going to be some extremely anally retentive people moaning and ******** about every single little thing but on the whole i think generally most people are happy with their 9900/9930's

Dont believe everything you hear on here dude...people will be quick to complain when things arent going their way but they wont applaud when it works perfect
    09-30-11 08:32 AM
    IMO, this phone should have been released a year and a half ago, just like the Torch touch. So yes, RIM did drop the ball.
    mattniles007, Chrisy and greeneink like this.
    09-30-11 08:36 AM
    I, for one, love my 9930. Got it on release day and could not be happier. (Well, I'd love to see an extended battery released. My battery life isn't bad, but extra juice never hurts! )
    lcooksey likes this.
    09-30-11 08:42 AM
    The 9900/9930 is easily the best BB on the market. And the keyboard is the best physical keyboard of any smartphone available.

Don't let all the "issue" related threads here in CB mislead you - you are always going to see more people complaining than praising, it's just how things work...

No issues at all with my device, and I wouldn't trade it for anything currently in-market.
    DPSydBerry likes this.
    09-30-11 08:44 AM
    I guess people could say RIM dropped the ball. I feel they fell off the market for a while. After the 9650. But I tried about 100 different phones trying to find one that I felt comfortable with. Seriously I tried everything that came out. All the new androids, palms and the iphone. But nothing felt the right. Until this week when I got my 9930. I haven't felt this way about a phone since the 9000 came out. I feel like I am finally at home again. So yes I definitely wish they would have put it out a year ago but I think they didn't want another "storm" problem again. So I am glad they waited until they knew it was solid.

Needless to say there are people who will always find something wrong with a phone. But overall form factor and build quality is second to none on this phone. The only phone that comes close in quality is the iphone but it doesn't have a keyboard.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-30-11 08:45 AM
    My opinion: no. RIM will never likely be on the bleeding edge, and if you can accept that, then the Bold 99xx is a fantastic device. It is the device I have been waiting for in a BlackBerry for years. Besides, stop putting too much weight in complaints you find online. As has been said over and over again, people flock to forums to complain, but rarely to sing praise. Additionally, people will post complaints out of spite and/or simply to sway people to some other device. It happens all the time.

In other words, do what I and plenty of others have done. Read the specs on the device, consider what you want to get out of it, and then try it. There is generally a return period if it just doesn't work out, but above all else form your own opinion based on your own experiences.

And as far as BlackBerries running Android... no thanks. If you are referring to an Android layer on top of BBOS (QNX) like the PlayBook is going to do, then whatever. I don't have to install that, so go for it. But be prepared to be disappointed. If you haven't read all the restrictions with Android on the PlayBook, you need to do so. Not a pretty picture.
    Jake Storm and Cozmik like this.
    09-30-11 08:45 AM
    ^^ + 1 on what Ian said.

My Bold is awesome and I have zero issues or complaints with it. Battery life is just fine as well.
    09-30-11 11:40 AM
    Best BlackBerry I've ever had. And I've had most of them. Ball not dropped.
    09-30-11 11:43 AM
    +1 here as well, this phone has been as solid as they come.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 11:47 AM
    The only ball they dropped was the trackball
    JD76#CB, psiclne, Barljo and 4 others like this.
    09-30-11 12:30 PM
    Not Dropped in the Slightest. My 9930 is an absolute Animal. I love it.

09-30-11 01:11 PM
    As a former BB user gone Android I think the new Bold Touch and Torch all touch are great devices! If they were released 8 months to a year ago, I'd still be with BlackBerry. They're just behind. The 9930, in my opinion, needs a front facing camera, mobile hotspot at the very least to be competitive nowadays.

To me, it's mostly RIMs timing that is off. When I had my 9630, for over two years, I wanted a full touch new BB. None were available. Upgrading from a Tour to the Bold was out of the question because it wasn't a big enough change. If the Bold Touch was around, I'd have that happily now, and be waiting for QNX as a BB fan.

I got tired of waiting.
    09-30-11 01:18 PM
    I have the 9900 and it is simply wonderful. It is a great BB. Seriously, you can read tons of complaints about the iphone but millions buy it. The new 9900 is a dream and any bb user and fan can't go wrong with this new model.. Maybe it has some faults...noticeably the camera- but for most it should work just fine; even with any faults. No complaints here.
    09-30-11 01:32 PM
    It is RIM's best shot! YOU have to make up your mind if it makes you happy.

As in the past, if you want bleeding edge technology, RIM is not the place to go.
    09-30-11 01:51 PM
    Could the 9900 have a few more features? Of course, they all could. Should the 9900/30 should have been released one year ago? Does a bear crap in the woods? Did RIM drop the ball here? No. The 99xx is the best BlackBerry to ever hit the market. It's selling relatively well. That doesn't constitute a dropped ball IMHO.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    09-30-11 01:55 PM
    I have no complaints about this phone. Upgraded from 9780. At most the whole battery shinanigans does apply to me but I'm patiently waiting for an extended batt. Its not a HUGE! Deal but its the only flaw/complaint for this phone in my eyes. If I had one of the lucky (my battery last a day and a half devices) this would be a beuty (even know it already is)

People keep making threads about not being happy with the phone, how much they hate it blah blah, imo, just take it back. Making lots of rant threads is annoying when you see enough... No offense to them.

09-30-11 02:02 PM
    The battery is the one and only issue with this phone. I just wish they made the battery a little bigger, even if it meant a slightly wider phone.
    09-30-11 02:19 PM
    Thank you all for clarifying... I really do miss a BBerry.. My android is great but I really only use it for Texts, Emails, & Social Media apps. I miss the Berry keyboard... and tethering off my Android is really needed for me... No hacks to make BB do it too?

Is 9900 the last BB OS phone to come out before QNX... wait it out?

Oh - and when people say poor battery.. how many hours is considered poor? I get about 12-14 tops on my Android.
    09-30-11 05:28 PM
    All im reading is complaints about the phone plus the crazy price it sells for.. whats RIM smoking? Im an Android user that left BB but I miss their keyboard and want to come back but theyre making it hard to do so... Looking fwd to the day when BB hardware runs Android

Every phone on the market has complaints. I have had several android devices and all of them had a issue or two. So how can you expect this one not too? As far as price goes it is right in line with a android device.
    These two devices are totally different either you want a Android or a BB that's it! I just switched from android to this device and have had issues but after a few replacements everything is ok.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-30-11 05:57 PM
    I bought the 9930 outright. It was expensive, but after using it for the past month, I never think about the price I paid.
    I am thankful that I am able to accomplish so much work while I am out of ther office, that I do not feel guilty for being out of the office.

That alone is priceless!
    fortfriffith likes this.
    09-30-11 06:27 PM
    Is 9900 the last BB OS phone to come out before QNX... wait it out?
    Don't wait if you want a new phone and you can afford it. It's easy, but pointless, to keep waiting for the next big thing.

Oh - and when people say poor battery.. how many hours is considered poor? I get about 12-14 tops on my Android.
    There is no way to answer this as each of us have different usage patterns. If you are interested in the phone then get it. If the battery life doesn't work for your situation, then either get another battery (or an extended battery when available) or simply return it.
    09-30-11 07:00 PM
    Most people don't even know how to use a BlackBerry are those who complain about bad battery life or freezing because they have probably installed unsupported apps and switched their options from the previous BB to the new one which causes issues as OS 5 / 6 / 7 are slightly different to one another.

Did you just paraphrase Steve Jobs? They're not using it right?
    09-30-11 07:39 PM

Did you just paraphrase Steve Jobs? They're not using it right?
    Lol. The only true way to conserve 99xx battery life, or any other smartphone for that matter is to not use it much. Pretty standard across the board. SMH
    09-30-11 09:20 PM

I took my phone off the charger just before 6am this morning, it is now just after 10:30pm...I have 60% battery left! I use my phone all day long too. For the 3 weeks I've had this, the battery is outstanding...this device is awesome and a complete workhorse!

09-30-11 09:35 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD