My friend had a 9930 with a cracked screen (the digitizer), and I replaced it with a new one. Now when I put a battery into the phone or plug it into an outlet I get a solid red light for about 20 seconds, then the trackpad, back, menu, send, and end keys light up and nothing else happens. If I messed up something physically like damaged the screen then I would expect the phone to work with a big crack in the screen or something like that right?

DM detects that I've plugged in a blackberry when I attach it to my computer, but can't read anything off it, and tris to 'repair' it. When I do repair the blackberry it reloads the software and the apps and fails at the very last step (nothing ever appears on the screen). So did I mess up the hardware when I was replacing the digitizer, or did my 9930 brick like so many others have here because of the software?
    Thanks!
    11-23-11 08:03 AM
    My friend had a 9930 with a cracked screen (the digitizer), and I replaced it with a new one. Now when I put a battery into the phone or plug it into an outlet I get a solid red light for about 20 seconds, then the trackpad, back, menu, send, and end keys light up and nothing else happens. If I messed up something physically like damaged the screen then I would expect the phone to work with a big crack in the screen or something like that right?

DM detects that I've plugged in a blackberry when I attach it to my computer, but can't read anything off it, and tris to 'repair' it. When I do repair the blackberry it reloads the software and the apps and fails at the very last step (nothing ever appears on the screen). So did I mess up the hardware when I was replacing the digitizer, or did my 9930 brick like so many others have here because of the software?
    Thanks!
    Bricked devices connected to DM with their batteries removed get as far as trying to connect to the JVM manager but get no further. If your device is reloading software and apps then it isn't bricked in the way others have been describing it. I guess that there's a hardware problem which is causing the reload to fail when it tries to check the status of the digitiser, so it may be worth removing the screen and trying to refit it. I'm sure you are also aware that there are different versions of the screen hardware and you need to replace like with like, or the screen won't work.
    11-23-11 08:19 AM
    I didn't know there were different screens and digitizers thanks. Do you know how I find out what I need to match up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-11 10:39 AM
    I didn't know there were different screens and digitizers thanks. Do you know how I find out what I need to match up?
    There should be a code printed on the back of the broken screen. If you give the code to the place you're ordering the replacement from, they should be able to decipher the code to tell you which format your screen needs to be.
    11-23-11 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD