Due to countless issues with my BlackBerry 9700 and the service provider stating warranty was void because the "Q" button fell off the keypad, and hence forth being forced to pay $200 to pay for the repair and now, all future problems that arise (which did occur as my battery over-heated/depleted after a full change in 3 minutes and causing extreme temperatures felt on the back cover and keypad) - I was annoyed.

I purchased the BlackBerry 9900 with my hard earned cash (I'm a student by the way), here in South Africa from an on-line merchant for about +- $800 (phones here are expensive) and I did not want to renew my current contract that expires in a few months.

Now, no complaints with the phone itself, but after thinking a bit, I am perhaps having buyers remorse because of the QNX OS based Blackberrys being released in the foreseeable future...and having read RIM will release no future OS updates for this phone.

Any thoughts to help fight these buyers remorse thoughts?

Thanks.
    09-23-11 05:51 PM
    If your happy with the device then no buyers remorse(especially with all electronics, there is always something better in the near future), you could be waiting awhile for QNX.
    09-23-11 05:54 PM
    Where did you read that there will be no os updates?
    09-23-11 05:57 PM
    The bold 9700 just got an update today and it's like 2-3 year since t was out. EVEN os 5 had an update a few months ago
    09-23-11 06:08 PM
    I don't think it was a mistake, not as long as the device does what you need it to do and serves you well. There will always be new & better things coming. Always. If we always wait for the next best thing, we'll never have anything.
    The 9900 is a great device. Enjoy it. )
    09-23-11 06:14 PM
    No, the 9930 is a Great BB and an excellent Smartphone.
    09-23-11 08:18 PM
    You won't find a better blackberry then this it just takes a little getting use to.
    09-23-11 08:22 PM
    .. no regrets..
    09-23-11 10:10 PM
    ...and having read RIM will release no future OS updates for this phone.

Any thoughts to help fight these buyers remorse thoughts?

Thanks.
    They have already released multiple OS updates for the 9900/9930.
    If you want a physical keyboard, it will likely be a year or more before we see a QNX based Bold. The first QNX phone will be touch screen only.
    So enjoy your 9900. I know I am
    09-23-11 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD