To make a long story short, I am without a computer until Christmas and my 9930 is the only form of communication that I have for the time being. I purchased the device the first day Sprint released it back in August and immediately deleted bloat apps, including social feeds. I decided that I wanted the social feeds app back about two weeks ago, and last night was lucky enough to use a friends pc to reload it... or so I thought.

I downloaded the desktop software for OS 7 from Blackberry and went through the process of uploading the app. The USB connection kept going "in and out" for about 45 minutes.. Once it was complete, I got the white screen of death, and I believe the error was a 507, then it changed to a 561 (Those numbers could be wrong).

I stumbled upon something where I was able to reload the software back onto the device, however none of my contacts and third party apps were available. App World was on version 2, not 3. Facebook was on version 1, not 2. BBM also needed an upgrade. Everything is back to normal now without any issues, and I got Social Feeds back!

So what exactly did I do wrong here and what happened?
    11-21-11 01:57 PM
    When that was happening, a screen would flicker on and off that depicted a computer and a blackberry.. it would switch between that screen and my regular home screen.. if that makes any sense.
    11-21-11 02:02 PM
    ...went through the process of uploading the app...
    uploading what app? If you have an OS on it then you didn't brick it.
    11-21-11 02:36 PM
    I was trying to load Social Feeds back onto my device. The process did not do that, it wiped the software from the device and gave me the white screen of death. I had to reinstall the OS 7 Software.
    11-21-11 02:43 PM
    Desktop Manager doesn't wipe to a 507 Error normally. You sure you knew what you were doing when you attempted this?
    11-21-11 02:58 PM
    I had a general idea of what I was doing, but considering the entire device was wiped... I assume that I didn't. The white screen of death error I believe was 561.
    11-21-11 03:32 PM
    Anyone? Curious what happened here so I don't do it again.
    11-22-11 01:16 PM
    What is a brick Blackberry? If u have a bricked phone, are u able to make it functional again or u just have to return it and get a new one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 03:34 PM
    Unless there is a hardware problem, damage or abuse, any software problem can be undone in one way or another. I have nuked almost every model since the 7100t and have always been able to fix it. A little research and patience goes a long way.
    11-22-11 06:23 PM
    Bricks are forever......nukes are temporary

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 08:28 PM