Hi,

I'm looking to buy an extended battery for my 9900. I was looking at this one.

Anyone have experience with these things? I currently have this cover for the phone. I'm guessing I'll have to buy a new cover now.

I'm basically sick of having to constantly keep my phone charging.
    11-15-11 11:05 PM
    As far as I know no there is not one.

Ones that are out now that some are finding will not work.... Or there is design issue.

I would check out those threads before you buy.
    11-15-11 11:46 PM
    I bought a spare battery when I bought my 9900 but I haven't bothered charging it yet as my 9900 battery life is good. I updated to .503 and now my battery life is even better. I know there are lots of threads on this issue and everyone disagrees so I don't want to kick off a big debate, I'm just trying to help OP in particular. If OP already has .503 then no problem!
    11-16-11 04:02 AM
    How can I check what my version is?
    11-16-11 04:09 AM
    How can I check what my version is?
    ctrl + alt and then h

i assume you asked about OS Version?
    11-16-11 04:15 AM
    It says 7.0.0.250. I'll upgrade it and see what happens.

I looked through the forums and most 3rd-party battery reviews were positive, even though there were a couple that warned you not to buy them.
    11-16-11 12:30 PM
    It says 7.0.0.250. I'll upgrade it and see what happens.

I looked through the forums and most 3rd-party battery reviews were positive, even though there were a couple that warned you not to buy them.
    3rd party people can and do greatly exaggerate their battery's capacity.

The is no way to get more power out of a particular sized battery using the same chemistry. There are laws of physics involved here.

The makers (Chinese) of these batteries stretch the truth and lie.
    11-16-11 12:59 PM
    The same chemistry, yes, but if the battery is larger in size, or the same size but contains a greater concentration of potential energy, why not? Also, the reviews I speak of were found in various parts of this forum.
    11-16-11 01:26 PM
    The is no way to get more power out of a particular sized battery using the same chemistry. There are laws of physics involved here.
    That's not true. I don't know how much of this might apply, but check this website tutorial on why the same size batteries can have different runtime performance based on internal resistance. It's not the external size of the battery that determines runtime. Too much stuff on the inside that can make a battery last really long or not long at all.

How does Internal Resistance affect Performance? – Battery University
    11-16-11 01:58 PM
    The same chemistry, yes, but if the battery is larger in size, or the same size but contains a greater concentration of potential energy, why not? Also, the reviews I speak of were found in various parts of this forum.
    Well, if you want to have to buy a new back cover with a bulge in it to accomodate the larger size, then go right ahead. But of course, that sort of defeats the purpose of a sleaker design and at the moment, no one is making such a piece....
    11-16-11 02:20 PM
    Hi,

I'm looking to buy an extended battery for my 9900. I was looking at this one.

Anyone have experience with these things? I currently have this cover for the phone. I'm guessing I'll have to buy a new cover now.

I'm basically sick of having to constantly keep my phone charging.
    I have one of those batteries that you link to. So far, it has worked without a problem. I can go at least two full days on a single charge with fairly heavy use. A cover comes with the battery. It does, of course, add some size to the phone, but I got used to that quickly. Now, I don't even notice it with the phone in my hand. And it still fits the belt clip I was using before.
    757EliasHZ likes this.
    11-16-11 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD