Hi,

So I had a curve 8520 and just got my new toy the lovely 9900. Having read about the issues with switch device and OS7, I dd a selective backup including all my emails. Now on the 9900 only a partial restore of emails has happen. I have check the ipd file and all the emails are there in the backup.

My question -

1. Since the restore I have had few emails come in, I would like to restore all the emails from the curve 8530's backup IPD file without losing the current emails. Please help!!

Thanks in advance
    08-31-11 12:29 PM
    II have had the exactly same issue, using DM and selective restore, only would restore 571 email out of 1200+, I tried different OSs, device wipes, and it always stopped at 571 email...My solution? I gave up... Sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hi Mikey,

Oh I feel your frustration! Maybe its a OS7 bug? I would really like to get to the botttom of it. When you mean different OS - do you mean like windows XP and 7 or BB OS's?

Cheers
    08-31-11 09:51 PM
    Hi guys, anyone please post me in the right direction? I tried searching but maybe am not asking the right question? When I go to restore data on DM it does not let me select the IPD files because its from an older BB. Am really stuck!!
    09-01-11 04:12 AM
    Ok worked this out. I have 1175 emails and only 1006 have been restored. The last email restored was 18th March, I don't know why? DM tells me it has restored all 1175 emails!!
    09-01-11 04:42 AM
    Ok worked this out. I have 1175 emails and only 1006 have been restored. The last email restored was 18th March, I don't know why? DM tells me it has restored all 1175 emails!!
    II have had the exactly same issue, using DM and selective restore, only would restore 571 email out of 1200+, I tried different OSs, device wipes, and it always stopped at 571 email...My solution? I gave up... Sorry

09-01-11 04:49 AM

Hi Mikey,

Oh I feel your frustration! Maybe its a OS7 bug? I would really like to get to the botttom of it. When you mean different OS - do you mean like windows XP and 7 or BB OS's?

Cheers
    09-01-11 04:52 AM
    I didn't need any of my old emails so I just did a custom restore without the emails and I set them up one at a time from scratch to avoid any headaches.

Then you can just email yourself back that same email if it is really important.
    09-01-11 04:53 AM
    I tried different bb OSs......wish I could help...
    09-01-11 05:07 AM
    My question -

1. Since the restore I have had few emails come in, I would like to restore all the emails from the curve 8530's backup IPD file without losing the current emails. Please help!!
    You can use a PC based application called MagicBerry made by MenaStep.
    The current version is in a beta stage, but it is free, and actually works.
    Mena Step Innovative Solutions - Magic Berry IPD Parser

Description:
    With MagicBerry Blackberry IPD Editor and Converter you can parse and edit Blackberry IPD database file. Split and merge records and extract SMS, contacts, phone calls log, and service books to CSV or text files. You can use MagicBerry for editing the database and upload and save it in the IPD file. The first software that allow editing and extracting Blackberry Service Book for provisioning of the WiFi, MMS, Internet application (Facebook, GTalk and Yahoo).

What's new in this version: Version 3.1 adds option to export blackberry IPD data to CSV, merge and split IPD files.

HTH.
    09-01-11 05:36 AM
    You can use a PC based application called MagicBerry made by MenaStep.
    The current version is in a beta stage, but it is free, and actually works.
    Mena Step Innovative Solutions - Magic Berry IPD Parser

Description:
    With MagicBerry Blackberry IPD Editor and Converter you can parse and edit Blackberry IPD database file. Split and merge records and extract SMS, contacts, phone calls log, and service books to CSV or text files. You can use MagicBerry for editing the database and upload and save it in the IPD file. The first software that allow editing and extracting Blackberry Service Book for provisioning of the WiFi, MMS, Internet application (Facebook, GTalk and Yahoo).

What's new in this version: Version 3.1 adds option to export blackberry IPD data to CSV, merge and split IPD files.

HTH.
    Hi,

Thanks for this. For some reason this does not pick up my emails from the IPD files. Am using elcomsoft backup explorer and can see the 1125 emails. Am i missing something in how to use this program? And also how do I restore the missing emails?
    09-01-11 10:27 AM
    I don't think magicberry works for messages. I'm trying to merge to sets of messages from different ipds, but haven't found a way.
    09-30-11 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD