I just wanted to compare the discharge rate between the two while my phone was in idle, I took the phone off charge about 5am and didn't touch it till about 10am had 3 emails and 1 BBM and this was the result of both. Why is there so much difference?

9900/7.1.0.580 Zocs Hybrid

Device Analyzer

MeterBerry

Last edited by AbuYazeedUK; 08-05-12 at 05:11 AM.
    08-05-12 04:35 AM
    Why is there so much difference?
    As both apps are not comparing the samething.

Meterberry started to calculate the discharge rate from the point at which the battery was 100% full (i.e. 5:35am as per your attachments). Hence, rightly or wrongly, it starts to calculate discharge rate from that point onwards i.e. 6% drop over 4.5 hours (up until 10am). Thus, resulting in 1.3% discharge rate. (However, would also show "quirky" results if you were to "top-up" battery for a short period throughout the day. Hence, I always take people average discharge rate with a pinch of salt as it tends not to be accurate imho).

Whereas, Device Analyzer is comparing from midnight to 10am. Unless, you know what your battery level was at midnight the "experiment" you are running is totally errr.... not a controlled comparison.
    maxx71 and AbuYazeedUK like this.
    08-05-12 05:22 AM
    MeterBerry is showing your correct ADR @1.3%/hr since removing from the charger.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    08-05-12 05:23 AM
    So if I took it off charge at midnight then it would of maybe been a better comparison? Taking into account they monitor different things.
    08-05-12 05:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD