With OS7, are there any options for a detailed calendar? Or any apps that are new?

I'm looking for a month view calendar with text input, showing in the day without having to click on the day.

Thanks.
    09-13-11 06:33 PM
    Guess not. I hope an app or native calendar like this is created for BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 06:00 PM
    Haven't gotten the new 9930 yet, but there's always the notification panel. That slides down and has all upcoming calendar events listed. I'm not sure how many entries are listed or the exact details, but still wanted to answer your question!
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-14-11 06:54 PM
    Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I assume that's more like a Today view of events. That will have to do.

Maybe a dev will see this and make an app.
    09-14-11 06:59 PM
    Yeah, I think you're probably right. I always compared it to the "Today" theme for the old BBs. Hopefully there will be an app created or even just a nice theme. I had one year's ago on my BB Curve that had details of calendar events listed right on the home screen. It was incredible!
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-14-11 07:08 PM
    I keep my calendar view defaulted to agenda view to keep a nice list of all my events. You might find that a bit more useful then the monthly view. The weekly view does at least give the text when you highlight an event, not great, but it's something.
    09-14-11 08:10 PM
    I tried that on my last BlackBerry. It's ok, I just prefer the full month view for easy visual. Just makes it easier to see the months, and events.

Thanks for the suggestions so far!
    09-14-11 08:13 PM
    Might even ask these guys if they would be willing to put that in a future update for you: Calendar and Tasks for BlackBerry, Personal Information Manager for BlackBerry | Calendar Pro

Little expensive, but it does seem to be one of the better options out there for a more powerful calendar that is still integrated with the stock PIM back end. (Will basically overlay your existing data on this calendar)
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-14-11 08:34 PM
    Thanks for the link! I'd be willing to pay for a good calendar app!
    09-14-11 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD